Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altrocks View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure he's attacking the Devs there, not the previewers. You know, if you actually read what was written.
    Which if you know how things work in an organization, a developer seldom can pick and choose issues to fix. Normally they are assigned and that is their job. Their job is not to play suckup to players. (that would be PR people.)

Attacking developers just because they happen to be visible doesn't help. You have to attack the one that does the assignment, of which you notice there are very few managers present to attack. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Which if you know how things work in an organization, a developer seldom can pick and choose issues to fix. Normally they are assigned and that is their job. Their job is not to play suckup to players. (that would be PR people.)

Attacking developers just because they happen to be visible doesn't help. You have to attack the one that does the assignment, of which you notice there are very few managers present to attack. Go figure.
    Excrement does not always roll downhill, despite popular belief. Sometimes it backs up when there's too much of it and it shoots up into your face. This is one of those situations. As you pointed out, there aren't any project managers on here, and except for big announcements, Fernando isn't on here, so who do we have contact with that can at least begin to deal with the problem? Developers and QA, who ARE on here. Who can then take it to their bosses and explain exactly why correcting Bug A is more important than correcting Bug B, or working on UI Improvement C. And especially during testing/previews, when we're highly encouraged to report any bugs/exploits/errors that we find since the changes haven't gone live yet.

I understand the ISO system for documentation and such. I've dealt with it. It's why I no longer deal with it. Changing the background color of a screen takes half an hour of paper work, phone calls and faxes, and that's if everything is going smoothly. Then you actually have to make the change, test it, send it to QA to further testing, get the sign off from the requesting party/manager that the change was completed successfully and then send it upstream for inclusion in the next version change/upgrade. Even so, we had no real bug report tool for how long? And there has never been a known issues/bugs database (the known issues linked to from the update notes are manually maintained at random intervals by different people who may or may not always know what they're doing). So all we can do is complain on here, in any way possible, to get some attention to the issues we believe are important. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, etc.

Or are you saying that certain persistent bugs and the fact that they were caught, reported and ignored well before live release are not issues that should be dealt with?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    as for voice actors I wanted Betty White for Lolth but I got voted down.
    Khyber: Alelric - Wiz 5 (Hero), Arayaleth - Ranger 20 AA (Champion), Altrocks - Cleric 20 Radiant Servant (Champion), Zinnix - Rogue 20 Assassin (Champion)

Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    ....there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.....
    Just saw this and I have to agree.

Sorry about that...
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Have applied a couple of times..no joy
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456