Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    -What would *you* like from Lamannia? I have my own ideas, but I'd like to hear what you guys think it could be.
    Communicated intent. Makes it a whole lot easier to tell if something is at least in the ballpark for real usability vs the the theoretical utility we've seen so very much of.

-What is the one singular thing you would like fix. Please, think on the macro level not the micro. Don't say hand wraps
    Toss up between real AC fixes to make a range of melee defenses as viable as burning everything to the ground without requiring an extreme investment in feats and gear, and ranged tweaks to bring the low end up enough so we can start seeing more varied quest encounters (After all, it's not like you can make flying mobs and the like standard so long as the low end is so pathetic folks not explicitly specced for it would take 5 hours to complete.)

-What one thing would you like to see added to the game?
    Racial PREs. Pick one. Don't even care which anymore, just so long as there's some added flexibility.

-What would *you* like from Lamannia? I have my own ideas, but I'd like to hear what you guys think it could be.
    Don't use that server much.
    I might if there was something I could take home to my main character on Khyber?
    -What is the one singular thing you would like fix. Please, think on the macro level not the micro. Don't say hand wraps
    Divine spell pass
    Maj
    Epic levels 21 to 25

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

One thing I would love for Lamannia: More character transfers from live. In the larger updates, there's usually multiple things I want to test in game mechanics, but only 5 transfers makes that difficult. Either that, or a much more automated way of getting xp and loot for a freshly rolled character.

The one singular thing I would fix right now: The memory leak in the DDO client. Leaving the game running for a few hours, or switching characters several times can quickly make the client just eat up system memory. That might be too broad of a problem though.

The thing I'd most like added to DDO: Druids.

I've always been interested in Mournlands. I've applied a couple times. But I'm content previewing things solely on Lamannia.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default updates

Hello All,

I applaud you for continuing your weekly dialogue with us. This continues to be a great game and the hard work put into it is enjoyed by all of us.

1. Lamania? It is displeasing to lose what you get at every re-set, and we all understand that it's a preview server, however, it would be less frustrating if we could take something back to the live servers sometime. Maybe an item or even just a title. Just something to ease the pain of knowing that it's all going to be lost.

2. Bug? Artificer Pets need some serious fixing. They bug out so much. They are completely useless maybe 50% of the time unless you log out and in and re-summon them. Mine likes to fly a lot and hover above whatever us trying to kill me. If only I could get her to attack from above......

3. Fix? Tons of character builds have been broken over the past few years and many of us have paid money to LR/GR them, however wouldn't it be great if you gave EVERY character in game a free LR/GR +20 token. That would be a phenominal seven year anniversary present. It would also make many of us lose a lot of frustrations and anguish

4. Desire? No way I can limit this to one, but I will prioritize them. 1st) Three PRE's to tier three for every class and one for every race. 2nd) a new race or class every six months with an advertizing/marketing promotion to keep the player base expanding. 3) New weapons (anything would be nice, but I would like to see some kind of spear for 2HF Puncturing.

I can't wait to see your response.

Thanks Battlehawke

Ps. New content obviously has to always be added, but I can honestly say that after almost six years of playing, I have NOT done 100% of the content.
    Last edited by Battlehawke; 11-05-2011 at 11:00 AM.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

The biggest concern I'd like to see addressed is lag. Mabar was just a small ( but good ) example.
    Another is tonight, a three person team in hard Rainbow. Lag got so bad we couldn't switch weapons. All three of us checked out latency with nothing out of the ordinary. FPS rate was in the normal range for all three of us.
    The most interesting thing is that in the General chat other ppl were addressing the lag. This suggests that it was server wide. Or perhaps central to the Vale?

Another would be targeting of spells. ( Comet Fall comes to mind ) The out of range msg is annoying, especially when the target is right in front of you.

Radiant Servant Burst: not being able to burst if another party member, or enemy is selected should be changed.

Another cleric prestige would be sweet, as well as the FvS melee prestige.
    ( as a matter of fact, finishing the existing Pretiges would be just ducky )

ToD sets for FvS added to the loot tables.

On another note: Mjr., I am glad you are continuing to communicate with the community, we all appreciate it!
    Callissto:RS~Calithallasi:Fowl~Merb:RS~GearsofWar: Shiradi~Durperian:Necro~Aritahl:Figher~Jeatt:Shint ao~Mzil:Machine Gunner

DEEPWOOD SNIPER FIX, TIER 2 AND 3,
    RANGER REVISION,
    RANGED BOW SPEED/DAMAGE REVISION.
    Been waiting for those for ages.

Prestiges! Seriously, most are done half way or not done at all. Deepwood sniper, cleric Warpriest.

Prestiges, dang it! Prestiges!

Maj
    I've still yet to download lama land .

Maj
    I am not sure if this counts as singular as it affects many things but I would like all %'s to work as stated. (Such as ranger capstone) Or at least mark it closer to what it really is... OR explain why they are correct even though they were, proven incorrect ...?

Maj
    DRUID!!!! By far my favorite PnP class, I know DDO is not PnP but I can only hope since it's taking decades and decades that it will be worth while... Right????

Community Member

Race/Class PrE's please. Please. PLEASE.

Lag

Druid

Handwr.... oh sorry. Ok well this is more or less a fix, but I'd love to see more epic items (I mean the seal/shard/scroll ones) aimed for monks. I mean there's at least an epic two-handed weapon, one handed-weapon, most type of armor or docent, robe for caster in every adventure pack, but no epic wraps or outfits. The reason I differentiate this from festival items, is that for typical epic items, you grind up for a long time, months sometimes, but festival is a day at most.

I want something to strive for as a monk in end-game, right now, there's epic jidz ... and generic melee items. Why is it so hard to design an outfit aimed for monks, or any other non-armored melee for that matter? There's about 8 epic robes in the game, all aimed for casters, and zero robe/outfits for melee. (Except maybe epic redscale, but that's aimed at everybody.) Same with u12, there's finally one epic outfit, and it's again full of casters mods on it.

Hands down: PrEs.

It feels like the release of PrE is getting slower and slower over time, with so many left unfinished. I wish there was more choices for a rogue at end-game that assassin or gimp. I wish there was diversity in barbs, the class is already so mind-bogglingly single-tracked as it is. I wish bards could do more than sing then poorly DPS/cast/heal. I wish there was more to artificers than buff and pew pew pew. Diversity and character customization is one of the strong suit of this game, shame when so many of these choices are "bad choices" because it's still unfinished and non-competitive with the others.
    Last edited by Ovrad; 11-05-2011 at 04:53 AM.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

I'd also like to thank everyone for some of their input on the challenges, and their opinions of what Epic should be.

So let me ask you guys some questions..

Well to be honest, just that when the majority of us, that takes time to log into Lammaland, say something has to be canned ( good examples : stupid UI change, bad cooldown change ) it gets canned before hitting live.

From my point of view, Lammania is what I would call a pre-production system, that is it's like live, but it doesn't carry the load of live. It's a place where it's possible to see things that cannot be seen in the previous stages, and at the same time it's a place where it's possible to get a feel on the community reaction over a change.

It's also a place where last minutes tweaking can be determined, defined and put in place before hitting the masses.

( sorry it's my telco support/integration engineer side that comes in front )

LAG, whlie I rarely suffer of it, when I do it usually means that my heals won't land on time and that's a Bad Thing.

One thing ? oww... Druids !
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

"-What is the one singular thing you would like fix. Please, think on the macro level not the micro. Don't say hand wraps
    "

Fix being unable to hit things that are running away while using handwraps (try it sometime if you dont think this is a problem) or if that is too hard, at least make stun stop them from running away. Unhittable, stun me and I still run casters are very frustrating for a monk.

If monk melee is completely off limits, then fix the fact that glitterdust and sleet storm blind the player instead of the character. If listen actually let you find the mobs when under the effects of those spells then more people might use it.

I'd like more incentives on Live to devote some time to playing around with things on Lam. With things like renown decay and raid timers on Live, the only time I see myself risking those to play around on Lam is when there's something that could potentially greatly impact one of my builds, be it new loot or class/PrE changes.

Ranged. While it shouldn't be the most uber DPS due to its relative safety (compared to full melee), it should be viable to more than just Arcane Archers and Artificers in more content than a brief part of a single raid.

Epic Titan - or at least an Elite loot pass like HoX and VoD just got, or even make the loot upgradable like Abbot and Reaver. Give the vets who know the raid inside and out and have all the loot already a reason to want to run it again. Sad thing is, VoD and HoX really didn't need the love - people are always running it for a shot at a +3 tome.

Also, finish the existing class and racial PrEs that were planned. I want Warpriest already.
    Last edited by TDarkchylde; 11-05-2011 at 05:30 AM.
    .:Sarlona - ELH:. Inamorata (TR11 Completionist WIP) / Groundloop (TR2) / Signalmixer (TR) / Serraphiia (TR)
    Angelorum (TR) / Darqchylde / Aetherielle / Rashree / Colordepth / Wintremoon / Tarrynn
    Amarizi / Genozid / Arising / Tenpercenter / Ellixia / Zecele / Harika / Lainiel / Zephale

So let me ask you guys some questions..

I really have no comment here as you've already stated we won't get a test server out of it and it will remain a "Preview" server, whatever that means.

Honestly, if only one thing were to get fixed, the one singular thing I would like to see fixed in this game is the issue where a lagging/dcing member of a raid or group can wipe an entire raid/mission just due to area spells cast with them as one of the targets (such as mass heal) disappearing into the ether for everyone since they do for that one person.

The rest of the Prestige Enhancements and the completion of existing Prestige lines (finish radiant servant, acrobat, deepwoods sniper, etc, and implement Acolyte of the Skin, Warpriest, etc)
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - Angel of Vengance, Niccolina - Assassin, Mahlak - Warpriest, Etayn - Monster, Brikbaht - Tukaw, Khawstik - Pale Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi-koibito View Post
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.

Community Member

As convenient as it might sound to let people instantly build new lvl 20 characters and gear them out to test new build concepts, I think this direction would be bad for the game overall because people would end up spending more time on Lamannia than they do on the live servers. I take the view that experimenting with builds is a large part of the game and that should mean actually levelling up and playing those builds live. However, players do need some sort of incentive to actually try out the preview content on Lamannia so that the server can achieve its intended purpose. I think competitions with real TP rewards as was done recently are a perfect way of doing this.

Not wanting to jump on the lagwagon, but yeah... lag. All other additions are meaningless if the game is unplayable because it lags so bad. There seems to have been a huge amount of serious lag of late (in quests and even public areas, not just live events) which affects the whole party at the same time, so is definitely not related to individual client/user setup. I'm sure you're on the case already, and there are many other smaller bugs and annoyances I could list instead, but for the aforementioned reason lag definitely has to be my answer to the top thing I would want fixed.

Far greater immersiveness! Having played DDO for a couple of years now there's a lot that I've come to love about the game, but if I were to pick one thing that needs major improvement, it's that compared to most RPGs I've played, DDO's game world just feels... claustrophobic some how.

I think it's a combination of the fact that practically everything is centred around a single hub area (the marketplace), and that pretty much all areas where you can actually "do stuff" (i.e. fight, cast damaging spells, kill stuff, etc.) are private instances. People play RPGs to escape, to feel they are absorbed and immersed in a totally different world, and I don't really get that feeling with DDO. To be honest, with the vast amount of incredible content that DDO already has, I don't think the game would need a ton more content to achieve this - just adding a network of public roads/public wilderness style areas between Stormreach's areas/enclaves/wilderness areas, with some quest entrances and other features on them, would help hugely. To make these really interesting they could perhaps be done "Delera's graveyard during Mabar" style, with spawning monsters that can be sought out and killed (with some incentive to do so such as getting loot from their corpses) - pathways to harder quests could even have aggro bandits and other monsters that attack unsuspecting adventurers - there could be hidden caves and other areas with bosses in that require passers-by to work together, miniquests, and "outer quest areas" leading to quests (a bit like Jungle of Khyber has) but which are public and need to be battled or stealthed through to get to the quest proper, hidden NPCs that give rewards for carrying out certain tasks for them, and so on. Of course, the teleporter network (which, incidentally, I feel should attract a teleportation fee of a few plat so that new players actually explore the world), and now Airships, would prevent travel from becoming tedious, but this would make playing DDO feel much more like being in a true fantasy world rather than a game where you pretty much just log on, select and adventure and play it.

Oh and I know this has been talked about before but getting rid of the loading screens when you move from one public area to another (maybe in conjunction with the above, say by loading a nearby public instance while you are on the road to it) would help too

"-What is the one singular thing you would like fix. Please, think on the macro level not the micro. Don't say hand wraps"

Very difficult to answer, there are quite a number of bugging issues, still the most annoying is the "loadingscreen monster". This creature catches us frequently on the route/gate between areas. Market to Harbor is still the most reliable place meet the encounter. I would assume that server overload has something to do with this. (Market and Harbor are very often the 2 most populated public areas)

Sorry, i know you asked for one!, but i cannot not mention the "all dreaded lag-monster". If this guy isnt kept in bay, that makes for very unfriendly people at high levels. People already alienated from certain groups/guilds. Lag makes us really sad.

"-What one thing would you like to see added to the game?"

High level elemental spells, doesnt have to be direct damage, in fact some really good utility or cc spell would be equally ( if not more) appreciated. Elemental spells that scale up to epics would be great. Some alternatives to the "necro ruledom" would be highly appreciated.

Default Things to fix....

One huge plea......lag/latency/whatever you want to call it. However you need to fix it, it is the one thing I think will make the most people happy.

Zone-in game crash.

All PrEs. in particular, Dwarven Defender and Tier 3 for Bard and Ranger PrEs.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Macro:
    Lag in all it's forms, from rubberbanding and not landing spells, to "the Ladder bug" (not just with ladders, but all uccurencies when you're suddenly "teleported" a bit to the side. It sometimes is visible by simply jumping around).

Messo:
    DDO memory leak.
    DDO data defragment tool.

Thousands of words have been said about these two. No need to add any more.

Micro:
    Moving mobs that are paralyzed or knocked down is not right.
    Update the functionality of the LFM and Auction House UIs.
    Make the health bars of Pale Masters turn purple when they are in undead form.
    Make the Radiant Servant Burst work.
    Now it won't work if you have targetted an enemy or ally. Making you target youself every time to use it. That makes it using in combat unneccesarily complicated.

Things to be added:
    Lots of important thigs have already been mentioned by others. If has to be more quests than definitely more Amrath! That place has too much potential.
    We want more Shavarath quests!

Please fix the Radiant Servant Burst!

Somehow my computer decided to 'drop the connection' on the fourms when I attempted to post here, so I'll give you the short version since all my hard work was deleted:
    • When it comes to Lamannia, I need incentive to actually beta test there, not just a sneak peak. If I wanna know what's upcoming in the next update, I'll look at the release notes, not beta test, as characters get wiped, and theres really not much to carry over on live. Prize drawings for people who test the adventure pack, DDO-store items or TP, and even early access or some other perk for non-vips who test the for next adventure/content pack would be great.
    • One big thing I want to see fixed, besides handwraps(If I said handwraps anyways, would you still fix it?) would be the lag. Oh god, the lag is horrible, and its actually one of the reasons I stopped playing(Another reason is the huge power creep in the game). Frankly, I would just say, "Get a new game engine!" but I understand that it will probably not happen not only because of how expensive and time consuming it would be, but also because the world ends on December 21, 2012(Yeah, its highly unlikely to happen, but I still like to joke with it.) Still, I would much rather play a 'more stable' version of the game than to play a 'unstable version with druids in it b-slapping people with sticks and doing stuff that tosses clerics down the stairwell and takes their lunch money' version of the game.
    • New content? Forget it, I would much rather focus on actually being able to 'play the game' than to see new stuff in it. When you make the game more stable to play, or when the world ends and we're all in the afterlife, I'll see if I can dig up new content ideas.
    Last edited by knightgf; 11-05-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Community Member

Maj
    Lammania - I am not to concerned with, it seems to do what I think it should

Fixed - Lag =P

1 New Thing - I'd like to see the base weapons/armors get updated. New weapon types like the Scythe, Halberd, Spear, Glaive, Guisarme, Trident, Flail, Heavy Flail and to see them added correctly, such as a Scythe being 2d4 damage, x4 crit Pierce and Slash. Armor I just want to see updated. It just really sucks that nobody on earth uses Half Plate, Splint, Hide armors, etc etc. The whole AC and Dex bonus needs to be reworked a bit away from PnP. examples would be.... Leather is +2 AC +12 Dex bonus.... Full plate should be +12 ac +1 dex bonus, and the bonuses should be spread fairly even between the rest of the armor... Half plate +10ac +3 dex bonus, Studded +3ac +10 dex bonus, etc etc etc.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast