Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Please finish PrEs...
    This! As a matter of urgency please.

Community Member

-What would *you* like from Lamannia? I have my own ideas, but I'd like to hear what you guys think it could be.

I think Lam as a test area for new content as being great - but it would be nice if XP progress could be brought back over. It's fun to see new things and debug etc, but makes almost all that time a waste.

-What is the one singular thing you would like fix. Please, think on the macro level not the micro. Don't say hand wraps

LAG - it's getting tiring - getting random lag spikes in TOD when you're beating on Suulo and all of a sudden everyone is dead. It's time consuming (especially after the Mabar lag fiasco where I was getting extremely irritated by hit and miss lag fails in dragon instances) and the fact that completions hinge on the Lagmonster rearing it's ugly head and not the skill of the players involved is just frustrating.

-What one thing would you like to see added to the game?

Finish the Bard PrEs and add damage spells. I LOVE playing my bard - but other than CC I am absolutely useless other than with greater shout (the screaming kind of gets to me after a while) The fact that there are no spells above lvl 6 and that to be effective in cc you have to pretty much dump everything else is painful.

on a macro level - Epic Gianthold.

on a Micro level - monk handwraps...

Also,.

Earth elemental earthgrab range limitation.
    Skeleton Archer range limitation.

Decent named Dwarven Axe's including a version of Krozeks cruelty.

Epic worthy upgradeable weapon for Paladins ( not just that sad looking longsword i saw)

release the rest of the PRE's and related gear.

Revamp of the crafting system to dump shards/seals/scrolls for fragments (more like the events) to upgrade items from each of the area's

Change the Shroud crafting alters to the vender style crafting. ( I use a decent 3rd party app.. but why should players need to go outside DDO to figure out crafting).

Retooling of epic gear in DQ and VON, like a really cool set bonus for the Kundarek gear.

Release the other 2 parts of the Amarath series (you know..the other two teleport destinations that are not active)

and finally.... A real fix to the server lag....
    Last edited by JOTMON; 11-04-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    -What would *you* like from Lamannia? I have my own ideas, but I'd like to hear what you guys think it could be.

-What is the one singular thing you would like fix. Please, think on the macro level not the micro. Don't say hand wraps

Lamannia: Correctly clear and upload characters. And that's it.

Fix: Dungeons Alert on quests with respawning mobs like Coalescence Chamber. The bats spawn out of control and out of reach and contribute to aggroed mobs even when miles away.

Add: If it's ONE thing, I can't say just PrE, right?
    Then I will put a list in order of importance to me. If any of it fits into a larger list you happen to have, consider it my top.
    1 - Start missing PrEs (even if it's up to Tier 2 to start with)
    2 - Finish PrEs
    3 - Druid class to add to the healer(?) archetype, so absent and needed serverwide (but make it balanced)
    4 - Kobold race and plushies?

Good job you guys!
    Looking at it from the long run, it's a lot of work done over a year!
    Some side effects were nasty, but were issued and solved mostly.
    I don't care...

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It can certainly hurt to be on the receiving end of a nerf

Community Member

More Dev interaction - you've got it but I've missed every one. So maybe more advanced notice? More weird times?
    Also - character tools - persistence (don't wipe) and branching. Maybe a pin and rollback feature. Let me experiment with different choices.

Just one? Hard call, but I guess lag is the biggest killer for me, but hireling AI is a very close second.

Stability.

I'd be thrilled if you announced update 13 was no new features, just a code review and rewrite to make the game more efficient and maintainable. Eliminate your global variables and pass everything explicitly through your function calls. Comment everything. Put in local error checking with true catch and throw. Did I mention comment everything? Check for re-entrant code and remove side-effects. Document variable scope (and maybe even use a naming convention that includes scope).

If you stop to catch your breath, then you'll break this cycle of rushed release and panicked patches. Invest in making it more maintainable and you can tackle bigger projects and have fewer bugs to clean up. You guys work so hard and then have to endure the wrath of players when it breaks on some weird interaction with other systems.

And add debug code so users can capture and report state when things go pear shaped.

And for the love of all that's holy, put all equipment transactions in a log file with a 2 week rolling history so if somebody tells you a rollback killed their One Ring you can search the logs, see it came out of the bank, see it wasn't sold, and see it is no longer on their character. This hasn't happened to me, but fear of it, even with my paltry gear, inspires me to quit DDO and play something else whenever the bank even hiccups.

OK, so I can't count to 1, but on a macro level these are really all one thing and I'm just describing it from different angles.

Oh, and Maj, thanks for asking!
    I'm only an occasional player since ShadowFell, please forgive me if I'm not up to speed on anything that's changed since then.

On the Macro Level: I'm guessing you mean on an over all issue.

Renown during events: Over the last nearly 2 month, we have had a constant event going, and not very much any Renown. Now some don't care but having a majority of my guild off doing the event make me irritated that I'm irritated. Cove you could at least get a once in a while pop in the chest in the are, but Mabar is a foobar on this.

Would it be so hard to allow some kind of renown drop during events, and make sure these Challenges also have Renown outside of killing.

I don't think it is realized how much renown comes from end rewards, and when you take that away.. well it makes it hard to climb.

edit:
    Added to the game: Darkness
    Allow Everbright weapons/armor/shields to cast a light in dark dungeons,
    I love Rainbow for the reason so many hate it, it's dark. I get so tired of every quest being bright and shiny and allowing you to see every detail. Make more dark quests. Please.
    Last edited by Rydlic; 11-04-2011 at 05:43 PM.
    Brotherhood of the Blood Xoriat
    We are the blood,
    We are the madness,
    WE ARE XORIAT.

Community Member

Default Thanks!

I really like the idea of using it as a community driven bug-testing server, which would allow for the same 'preview' experience we currently receive from the server. Adding in the 'bug' finding element as one of the core values on Lamannia would serve be great, because:
    -There would be fewer bugs and Malphunktions (no offense) making it to the live servers, so there would be fewer hiccups in the playing experience for most players (It's a real buzz-kill when you get a really cool idea for something in game, and go to try it out, only to find that the mechanism is broken).
    -More Player-Dev interaction. We really do enjoy working with you guys, and feeling like we're part of making the game happen (Don't you guys love it when one of the projects or ideas you worked on comes to fruition and is enjoyed by the players?). That sort of thing gives a very friendly feel to the game that only makes it more attractive.

I'd like to say lag, though I've heard it's hard or impossible to remove. That one can really screw up every aspect of the gaming experience. One thing that's related that I assume is fixable is the 'memory leak' that the client experiences. The more you switch between toons, the more lag you experience, I've been told because of some memory leak in the program. Having to do a client restart to clear things up is annoying.

I would really like to see full prestige lines for all of the classes. Right now, the character developing process can be fun, but there is a bit of a limit to what we have to work with. It's disappointing when you run a class, and find out that there's only two tiers of the prestige to benefit from, when that prestige really fits your play-style, or the concept you want to run with on that toon. There's also the issue of 'cookie cutter' commonness. More variety is always fun. It's really disappointing to find out, for example that there's only one prestige choice for Cleric. That means that if you want to run a pure cleric, you only have one powerful choice for how to build them (in terms of class or prestige benefits at least). I think that having multiple (three seems to be the standard max), 3-tiered prestige lines for each class (and some for races when applicable) would really be an exciting breath of fresh air for the DDO experience.
    Main toons: Kessem (Caster), Grubbly (Melee)
    Proud Noob of Band of Gypsys on Khyber.

I like it how it is but maybe show us stuff sooner so you can get it fixed before going live.

I'm sorry but the only bug in game that affects my fun is bugged handwarps.

But if I had to choose somthing else it would have to be floating scenery (buildings in the Marketplace, rocks and even grass in some areas) it just bugs the hell out of me. If you need and will help you I will spend my time taking screen shots and coordinates\location name of every bit of scenery
    floating in the game as long as you can guarantee me they will get fixed.

New weapons (spears, slings, Trident etc) or New monsters (Any would do just not more reskined trolls *cough* RedFens *cough*) or even quest that use light (like rainbow in the dark but looking a bit more natural), would love to see torches in the game.
    Reply in red
    Last edited by omen33; 11-04-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You win the thread!

Though you may consider this a "micro" issue, from my own perspective as a Cleric, I personally would like to see a fix to items such as the Sacred Band and some of the Amrath sets - items which give you extra Turn Undeads or Action Boosts. The problem, which has been reported many, many times, by many, many players is that when you remove these items, you instantly lose 2 Turn Undeads/Action Boosts, regardless of how many you have left. So, using the Sacred Band as an example:

1. Start with 5 Turn Undeads
    2. Equip the Sacred Band, rest at shrine. After resting, you have 7 Turn Undeads.
    3. Use 2 Turn Undeads. You now have 5 Turn Undeads left.
    4. Remove the Sacred Band. You instantly lose 2 more Turn Undeads, leaving you with 3.
    5. Re-equip the Sacred Band, then immediately remove it. You instantly lose 2 more Turn Undeads, leaving you with 1.
    6. Repeat step 5. You will have 0 Turn Undeads left. Note that in this entire process, you actually only used 2 Turn Undeads, and should have the same number left that you started with - 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget2775 View Post

Would love to see Cleric Domains

Agreed. I've been waiting five years for my domains.

Not for it to ask me to keep reading and re-agreeing to the EULA every time I swap to/from Lamannia, I find that rather annoying.

The Lack of the Iconic Eberron stuff, Kalashtar, Shifters, Changelings, Sharn, Eldeen reaches, Darguun, the Demon Wastes, the Lightning Rail. Make the world seem bigger instead of trying to cram everything into/around Stormreach.

Psionics this is Eberron, where are all the Psions, Pscyhic Warriors, Soul knives and Wilders (and maybe an Erudite or two throne in for good measure)?

The only thing I can think of that would improve Lamannia as a preview server would be a more streamlined bug-reporting system. I have no ideas on how to bring that about, however.
    Spell targeting errors, but good job with Horrid Wilting!
    Customizable ranger animal companions and arcane familiars using the artificer humonculous system or something similar. The primary reason I was excited about Artificers was the implications for other classes that I drew up from the iron dog.
    "Freedom is the sovereign right of every American!"
    -Liberty Prime™

So let me ask you guys some questions..

Maj
    I'd like to see Lamannia more volatile. Because the characters there are scrapped on a regular basis, I think Turbine could afford to play with things a bit more boldly. At the moment it seems like Lama is only here for "We're rolling this out unless something seriously crashes and burns". I'd like to see more of the evolution of the game's features as you tweak and balance the new stuff.

One single thing I'd like fixed.... Plat sinks. We need more of them. Plat exists for a reason, as player currency. When players put things up for trade but say "No plat, please" I get flashbacks to Diablo 2 and the high rune currency. I'm not saying you guys haven't been addressing it; I'd just like to see more.

The number one thing I'd like to see added to the game.... Psionics. You just released a class though, so I'm not expecting them soon. I've always loved Psi in 3.5. My favourite chains are IQ and Dreaming Dark. So anything with psionics. As a second if that's not an option.... Prestiges. Release new ones, expand others that go to only 12 or 6, or just tweak underused ones, I'll be happy either way.

I would like to see a mechanic for Lamania implemented in a similar fashion to the Chono raid. Where as Lamania instead of being on a different client/server is quest based as a glimpse into the future instead of the past. I'm thinking along the lines of a Planescaller type teleporting me into the future of Stormreach. I think this would result in Lamania getting more use from the DDO community. It would also be awesome if using Lamania helped us out at much as it helps you. Take away the Character copy and allow us to use it in the same way we use the character planner with one button level ups so new content can be tested with characters of appropriate level and we could use it for path finding new builds. As soon as you log out/recall character goes back to whatever current build you have on live present day Stormreach.
    Last edited by Cereals_Alt; 11-04-2011 at 06:11 PM.

I am not sure what I would like to see from Lamania but I can tell you why I dont like to go there. I dont have a lot of time to dedicate to DDO in a day. It has been nearly 2 years and I am just now getting a character near cap. I hate the idea that
    #1 I will put time and energy into Lamania and all I get out of it is ... nothing. My REAL characters see no benefit, and anything I earn on Lamania gets deleted eventually.
    #2 I am looking at spoilers. Even the great Doctor dosent like spoilers (though I cant blame him for liking Alex Kingston). I am not the kind of person who reads the end of a book first.

Hireling Functionality. Does that count as "broken?" They could be so much more than they are. I mean, what kind of wizard has three spells? What kind of cleric or FvS has no access to any Rez spells? Why would a bard fight with nothing in the off hand, not even a simple shield? I am thinking of making a list of suggested improvements for each hireling (having played with every single one of them) but you will have to wait until I unlock FvS. I am planning to get it done for my 2 year anniversary in December.

Everyone is going to say Druid. Personally I want something more Eberron. I love Eberron. I like Shifters. Fleshed out/improved PRE's would be nice, but I think DDO is missing Shifters.

Well, I'm keeping it short again this week.Go Bruins (we got a win yay!)
    Go Pats! Giants...Grrr...only one thing to say there...XLII...

Maj
    Answers in Green
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

I just go there to check out new things that might affect my characters on live servers. The contests for points was interesting but I do not really need points. Unique in game items (not necessarily powerful) awarded to a live server character would be more appealing to me and more likely to get me more involved.

-What is the one singular thing you would like fix. Please, think on the macro level not the micro. Don't say hand wraps Bard song bugs.

I cannot limit myself to one.

1) Improvements to several combat feats.
    2) More bard songs
    3) Gnomes, Druids, Shifters, Kalashtar (IE some basic characters options that are overdue.)
    4) More spells for all casters. Our schools are too limited and (back to bards) some classes are missing major areas from the core game, such as illusions.
    5) Finish of the PRE's. It's been a long time and really should be a high focus.
    6) Cleric domains. Another core options that would be nice to see.

Those all add up to more basic character design options. It's a broad one thing but that would be one thing.

Well, I'm keeping it short again this week.Go Bruins (we got a win yay!) Good team.
    Go Pats! Giants...Grrr...only one thing to say there...XLII... no comment :P

Maj
    /replied

What one thing would you like to see added to the game?

Prestige Classes are top of mind.

I suggest the following benefits of a sharper focus on PrC's:
    • More character options
    • Benefits new and old players alike
    • Enriched experience for players as they try different options
    • More variance of builds; less cookie cutter (I guess-timate 99% of barbs are Frenzied Berzerker)
    • Improved satisfaction and retention
    • More $ spent in store, albiet indirectly
    The Nak Abides - Ascent - Argonnessen
    Tanak Arcarius (TR) ~ Xanak the Irregular (TR) ~ Sanak the Streak (TR)
    Ganak Goblinjuicer (TR) ~ Panak (TR) ~ Wanak Ryuha (TR) ~ Vanak Ahriman (TR)
    Manak Bloodscreamer (TR) ~ Qanak the Absolute (TR) ~ Kanak (TR) ~ Fanak Voltaic(TR)

Well, I'm keeping it short again this week.Go Bruins (we got a win yay!)
    Go Pats! Giants...Grrr...only one thing to say there...XLII...

Maj
    Lama:
    - For content that isn't endgame, a chance for players to review XP, items, optionals, and the general feel of each quest, while significant changes can still be made. For example, if Coalessence Chamber was a brand new quest, I'd give the feedback that its XP is OK, it could do with a Cannith Propulsion Boots style item and some optionals, and the backtracking mechanic and 'must kill every random mob' ambush are frustrating and should go.
    - For endgame content, keep doing what you did with Lord of Blades. That raid changed quite a bit from Lama to Live as you fixed a series of issues with it. But instead of giving out crafting mats to everyone so we can complete and test items, just set all raid chests to generate 10 times the loot on Lama. Let us see what we can expect from 10 runs of a new raid.

Highest priority fix:
    - On the big level: Memory leaks when swapping characters, and the extraordinarily long loadscreens that go with them.
    - On the small level: Make the Master Artificer optional chest drop, so we can actually upgrade Toven's Hammer. (I assume that non-functioning chest is where the Cerebral Distillation Unit is supposed to drop).

One thing added to the game:
    - On the big level: An idea for a raid I posted a long time ago, still would like to see something like it. More dragon fights! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=274081
    - On the smaller level: More Desert-difficulty epic-ification of existing quests. Especially Gianthold Tor, Litany of the Dead and Tempest's Spine.

I think lag has been covered, so how about the Sub T in general? Not really a bug fix, just a "make it better" fix. Only two reasons to ever go there (the raids), and no one explores. Maybe needs a revisit.

I would love to see more animal types added. As a ranger, it's a little boring charming/summoning the same dog/wolf or large cat everywhere. Surely we could get a bear or something in the mix. Or a badger!
    Sartika, Leader of The Red Scare, Cannith Server
    Alts: Noalynn - Kenzari - Kreena - Conraad - and many others
    Quote Originally Posted by ainmosni View Post
    MAKIN SAVES LIKE JESUS... ELITE OF COURSE U EXPECT LESS? IM A RANGER

A true test server. Not just for new content, but a consequence free place where we can try out changes to our characters or maybe even store items to see if they warrant a purchase. Character transfers should be automated and relatively unlimited so if we do something we find we don't like we can delete the character, reimport, and try something else.

Most bugs I encounter aren't gamebreaking and can be easily worked around. Those that aren't are fixed...eventually. I don't freak out over bugs, even handwraps. The biggest one that effects me regularly though would probably be the SS Vigor song not restoring SP to WF.

More named/high level niche items. Where are the epic Dwarven Axes, the named shuriken, named crossbows >lvl 5, the high level handwraps (unstables and the tharaaks especially are a good start there at least). Basically I hate getting to a level and finding lootgen or crafted items are really my only realistic choice for certain weapon types.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast