Thread: Monk - 2nd TR

Default Monk - 2nd TR

So I want to go Half Elf Monk for my second TR, but can't decide between Rogue Dilettante for sneak attack damage or Cleric Dilettante for access to wand/scroll use.

Does Rogue Dilettante SA stack with the Ninja Spy bonus? Is there some other way to get get 40 UMD without sacrificing Concentration and Balance?

I'm open to suggestions

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reos View Post
    So I want to go Half Elf Monk for my second TR, but can't decide between Rogue Dilettante for sneak attack damage or Cleric Dilettante for access to wand/scroll use.

Does Rogue Dilettante SA stack with the Ninja Spy bonus? Is there some other way to get get 40 UMD without sacrificing Concentration and Balance?

I'm open to suggestions
    Rogue SA Dilly stacks iirc.

Use a +2 int tome to get Balance (slightly reduced compared to your umd) and max umd from the start?
    Gordy - A Tribe Called Zerg - Cannith
    Agordmil - Agordmils - Byoh - Crocodylia - Schrödingers - MooseAlert - Zufallig - Mooselicker
    Solo ToD (Arcane) no pots preMotu

Community Member

If your planning on using Stunning Fist, I'd recommend taking the Cleric Dil to 20 then switching to the Rogue Dil.
    Yes the Rogue Dil stacks with Ninja Spy.
    What do you need UMD for?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurak View Post
    If your planning on using Stunning Fist, I'd recommend taking the Cleric Dil to 20 then switching to the Rogue Dil.
    Well as a TR, I feel a considerable amount of pressure to be "self sufficient". All the LFM's I see are "Elite bravery, be self-sufficient", etc. And apparently self-sufficient means being able to self-buff and heal without having to take away a single minute from quest completion. So I'm basically resigning myself to carrying wands for buffs.

Default self sufficient

Self sufficient is the ability to heal yourself, but it doesn't matter how, once you get wholeness of body you're fine, between that and cure serious pots in battle, I can keep my TR monk alive anyway. She is light path though, But I had no problem with my dark path monk and the same method, except I got vampiric handwraps for her, for some easy healing vibes
    Current TR project -- Anshel life 8 of 20 ending up FVS
    Side TR project -- Daciana (life 8 of 14 maybe)(Will be completionist druid)
    Khyber main server

Originally Posted by MeliCat:
    I don't like strawberry ice cream. You can offer all the strawberry ice cream that you like and I won't eat it. Offer me chocolate and I'll ask for second helpings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurak View Post
    Can someone else confirm that the Rogue Dil stacks with the 3d6 sneak dmg from ninja, for a total of 6d6?

The cleric dilly has another advantage.

My past life of half elf cleric dilly light monk kept a party going in the cove for over 8 hours without any healers joining the party.

I'd choose light monk with rogue dilly
    Guardiani di Eberron of Cannith
    Jhansen - Fvs TRx2 - Epic Lord of the Blades ||| Shenis - Wiz TR - Palemaster ||| Gauth - Brb - Frenzied Berserk ||| Porcino - Mnk TR - Child of the Void ||| Jhaina - Arti TRx2 - NailGunner

Default They stack

Quote Originally Posted by dudulinka View Post
    Can someone else confirm that the Rogue Dil stacks with the 3d6 sneak dmg from ninja, for a total of 6d6?
    Rogue SA and Ninja spy SA stack, therefore, rogue dilly SA and Ninja spy SA stack.
    Current TR project -- Anshel life 8 of 20 ending up FVS
    Side TR project -- Daciana (life 8 of 14 maybe)(Will be completionist druid)
    Khyber main server

Originally Posted by MeliCat:
    I don't like strawberry ice cream. You can offer all the strawberry ice cream that you like and I won't eat it. Offer me chocolate and I'll ask for second helpings.