Community Member

Default how do static groups handle raids?

Ok, so tonight our static group tried for the 3rd time to get a pug together for VoN5/6, but had no takers. We tried to switch to a weekend night, assuming there'd be a bigger population and greater chance to get a group, but, there were even fewer takers than our other attempts. Granted, the Mabar event was on this time, but, still.

So I'm wondering how other static groups, at least those more interested in enjoying the quest rather than racing through following blindly along, handle raids. Do we just lfm/pug it till our luck finally cracks, or just skip raids entirely? I'm starting to think we may go with the latter, unless we get some good advice or help.
    That being said, one thing that occurred to me is that, maybe, some other static group(s) might be interested in temporarily teaming up, assuming similar level-range (lvl9-11) and flagging status. If anyone's interested, let me know.

Otherwise, I am really curious what other static groups do. Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

Community Member shimiha_kakita's Avatar

It helps if you are in a guild that contains other static groups such as Dedicated Teams that way you can coordinate with other groups around your level.

What server are you on? If you are on Sarlona then I can see if DT has a team that would be ready and willing to give you a hand.
    Argonnessen - ??? (Wizard 15); ???? (Rogue/Ranger 14/2) - Founder of Grounded Aces
    Sarlona - ???? (Wizard 16) - Officer of the Dedicated Teams Guild

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brianskl1 View Post
    Ok, so tonight our static group tried for the 3rd time to get a pug together for VoN5/6, but had no takers.
    Low-level raiding simply isn't popular; the game design just doesn't really support it. So regardless of you being static groups or not, that kind of raid often won't fill from LFM. (Yeah, level 11 in VON5-6 would be called a low-level raid)

Anyway, how many people did you have? Normal mode VON doesn't need nearly a full 12.

Community Member

Thanks for the responses. I did get some tells from people saying they would be interested if it we did elite, but I wasn't sure we'd be able to handle it. 'Dedicated Teams' sounds like a great concept, and would probably help a lot. We're on Cannith, though, so I'm not sure if such a guild/level of organization exists there. We're only 4-members strong, so definitely need some help for the levers.

I'm curious, too -- when does it become more feasible to pug raids? Our next step, eventually, is Gianthold. I hope we wouldn't run into the same issue for Reaver's Fate...

Thanks again!
    Last edited by brianskl1; 10-31-2011 at 12:38 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

I'm in DT along with shimiha_kakita and as he said, it's a lot easier to when you are in a guild to coordinate with other teams. If you are an RP group, one thing to try is getting in touch with any RP guild on your server. You don't necessarily need to join them, but they may have players willing to run with your for a low level raid.

As far as Reaver goes, you shouldn't have an issue. Kinda funny, but it's one of the easiest raids to do short-handed, but never has a problem filling if you do put up an LFM.
    Dedicated Teams: be part of a larger community.
    You never hear anyone say: "Yeah, but it's a dry cold."
    Adventurers never forget. Adventurers still hate Coyle!