Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

All I know is i saw this back when i joined in '09 and went, oh! I wouldn't mind playing a druid! (I like having a companion and buffing them and then seeing what can go down) but back then, it was a "oh, you can do fighter, cleric, rogue, mage, and we're working on the other core stuff. So hang tight!"

*refused to play... here we are 3 years later*

... I'm waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Admael7014 View Post
    All I know is i saw this back when i joined in '09 and went, oh! I wouldn't mind playing a druid! (I like having a companion and buffing them and then seeing what can go down) but back then, it was a "oh, you can do fighter, cleric, rogue, mage, and we're working on the other core stuff. So hang tight!"

*refused to play... here we are 3 years later*

... I'm waiting.
    Druid's being released with the upcoming expansion pack.
    Once I get my moods under control, I might actually get a character past level 7... ooh, shiny!

Paladins got some love! Now for Warpriests...

Community Member

As PnP D&D veteran I want say something about Druid and his ability Wild Shape.

The power of PnP Wild shape come more from flexibility. The 20 lvl Druid can change in ALL animals that he knew. Eagle, Shark, Polar Bear. Imagine Dire eagle that cast lighting? That PnP Druid. Dire shark that summon kraken? Also PnP Druid. Oldest Earth Elemental that burn to the ground capital of some big kingdom? That's our 20 lvl Druid. New forms not only gives bonus to attributes but also allow Flight, swim, give big DR, or even immunity, Size. Also you can stay 1 hour per level in new form...
    Such versatility in DDO is impossible, to achieve. So I be not so worry about power of Druid.

Also there is magic enchantment for armours that allow them to work when druid is in his animal form. You prefer that enchantment was Prefix or Suffix?

I think that will be maybe Three different animals for Druid to change, and that animals will upgrade to dire version on some point. Natural Spell (Feat allowing to cast spell in animal form) will be. Armours will have another prefix or suffix that allow them work in animal form, and some collars will be added that also work in both forms.

PS.
    Wild shape in NWN http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_shape

PPS: Also there is Aspect of nature: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/cl...AspectOfNature Alternative rule for druid. They don't get animal form but some aspects of nature. Idea is good, but the execution was lame in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bortasz View Post
    As PnP D&D veteran I want say something about Druid and his ability Wild Shape.

The power of PnP Wild shape come more from flexibility. The 20 lvl Druid can change in ALL animals that he knew. Eagle, Shark, Polar Bear. Imagine Dire eagle that cast lighting? That PnP Druid. Dire shark that summon kraken? Also PnP Druid. Oldest Earth Elemental that burn to the ground capital of some big kingdom? That's our 20 lvl Druid. New forms not only gives bonus to attributes but also allow Flight, swim, give big DR, or even immunity, Size. Also you can stay 1 hour per level in new form...
    Such versatility in DDO is impossible, to achieve. So I be not so worry about power of Druid.

Also there is magic enchantment for armours that allow them to work when druid is in his animal form. You prefer that enchantment was Prefix or Suffix?

I think that will be maybe Three different animals for Druid to change, and that animals will upgrade to dire version on some point. Natural Spell (Feat allowing to cast spell in animal form) will be. Armours will have another prefix or suffix that allow them work in animal form, and some collars will be added that also work in both forms.

PS.
    Wild shape in NWN http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_shape

PPS: Also there is Aspect of nature: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/cl...AspectOfNature Alternative rule for druid. They don't get animal form but some aspects of nature. Idea is good, but the execution was lame in my opinion.
    My favorite optional druid rule was shapeshifting from The Player's Handbook 2. In that option, you give up animal companions and wild shape for a very versatile at-will shapeshift that granted bonuses to strength and natural armor and feats along with natural attacks. The only drawback of the shapeshifting rule was that natural spell did not work with it (as you were not actually using wild shape).

Default Druid

http://www.ddo.com/underdark/

This summer they have already told us just not the price or the date.

I think they were supposed to be released sometime in 2008, so... it should be... any... day... now... right?
    Jyn... Kender... Thelanis

*Insert clever comment here*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123