Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Lol I was hoping this would be a new story... any bets how long this takes to lock this time?
    Considering that this was the first thread and it hasn't devolved into name-calling and insults like the second thread, it seems to be fine.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Thats too funny.

Ive never understood why everyone bags on AoK for the whole Shroud thing. I would wish I was there so I could laugh my ass off too but if I was there would have been more than one alive at the end, so its a moot point
    Dontbleed----Velvetelvis----Bleedout----Whatsina
    Synergia
    Argo

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Don't blame him..... It's obvious he has "issues"..... Reminds me of a few of the "Special K's" of Fernia>Ghallandra (mostly gone now, at least the bad ones)... Classy folk... They were always looking for attention, one way or another.
    "Issues," yeah right. Ask any of my guildies and they would all agree that I am one, if not the most, reasonable of the bunch. They all would have taken what happened to a whole new level of griefing.

I simply followed instructions of the raid leader, nothing more and nothing less. I was never planning on completing, I stayed to assist and watch/enjoy the carnage. Would we be even having this discussion if I had /death out when I had planned? And as i have posted in other places, I do not carry the spells for any raise/rez. I use scrolls and clickes for all of that, and that group was not worth the plat for one of my scrolls.

My FvS is never on timer for the shroud, unless it’s a guild run and then I usually get clicked into completing. After 160+ shroud runs on that toon/that life I have no need of anything that I can get by completing. My FvS is only still around cause every once in a while no one wants to run theirs and I step up.

Enjoy the arm-chair quarterbacking and second guessing on what MY purposes were in doing what I do. Anyone who knows me knows why I did what I did and that is all that I care about. In fact I have spent way too much time on this, so please continue to discuss without my august presence.

Stay thirsty my friends..

I guess you were either unable to understand that "don't click the altar" is understood to mean "don't click the altar before allowing people who wish to recall out the opportunity to do so," or you understood it perfectly but think it's amusing to screw over ten people who had nothing to do with what the leader said to you.

If you were so offended by the leader you should have dropped group. What did the other ten people in the group do to get screwed out of two chests? Did they annoy you by being in the same group as someone who asked you not to click the altar? Or is this behavior simply indicative of how you view "teamwork?"
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade (Epic Completionist), Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jarladdin Nalfesne, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield (Heroic Completionist, Epic Completionist.)

Sole member of Guinness Knights (Level 123)

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tank View Post
    So your problem with this situation is.…

Read the post below this quested one... Is it really that hard? I guess in todays world of the internet it probably is...

Not my server/Iwasn't there don't really care...

Daily dose of attention given to the desperate.... My work here is done

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Considering that this was the first thread and it hasn't devolved into name-calling and insults like the second thread, it seems to be fine.
    Ah I see lol, I noticed the other one first, but forgot to look at the timestamps lol. I still think its funny that 2 threads about this have already been locked lol. And lol yes I am trying to use lol an obsene amount of times in my post lol.

BTW I would have stayed in and gone AFK on them... that way they waste alot more than 30 minutes as you know the idiots would have waited till you afklogout.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    I guess you were either unable to understand that "don't click the altar" is understood to mean "don't click the altar before allowing people who wish to recall out the opportunity to do so," or you understood it perfectly but think it's amusing to screw over ten people who had nothing to do with what the leader said to you.

If you were so offended by the leader you should have dropped group. What did the other ten people in the group do to get screwed out of two chests? Did they annoy you by being in the same group as someone who asked you not to click the altar? Or is this behavior simply indicative of how you view "teamwork?"
    So, who else didn't have anything to do with what the leader said to him???

Or anything else being discussed in this thread actually???

Gotta love the multi-server butt hurt; So far I count Sarlona, Khyber, and Thelanis. You are a true master of your craft Black . Thumbs up!
    THE SEXY of ARGONNESSEN ~
    Now bringing the sexy back to AoK!!!
    Ashamed officer of : My Little PWNY
    Proud officer of :Archmagi

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post

comon how did he screw over 10 people.
    Ffs its the shroud they wiped, end of the day none of them had a completion so they didnt miss out on any chest, they didnt go on a 3 day timer, all they wasted was a little time. Wich they would have wasted anyway as they wiped.
    I still think funny as hell and if you make someone promise to not hit the alter dont get peeved if they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    "Issues," yeah right. Ask any of my guildies and they would all agree that I am one, if not the most, reasonable of the bunch. They all would have taken what happened to a whole new level of griefing.
    Not a guildie, but I can vouch for this statement.
    Toastee McRoastybuns - Shinigamii - Theifing Slum - Bakabaka - Salsasnack - Tssst The Dog Whisperer
    MrBlonde - Omakase Omnomnom - Austrian Deathmachine - Consonar Crazy Ivan
    Ascent

Oh, I see now. He was just attempting to be funny by pretending to be deliberately obtuse.

I can see now why he is deserving of such accolades. The other ten people in the raid with him, had they known he would recall out without helping them, would have probably thought, "Well, as long as he is amused by it, I don't care that I just wasted a half hour or forty five minutes."

Would it be just as funny if the leader hadn't said a word to him and he just recalled out at the end without hitting the altar so the other eleven people could hit the resurrect shrine and get the last two chests? Or would everyone agree he was acting like a selfish tool?

Rest of Raid Group: "Hey, great job finishing off Harry by yourself! Could you hit the altar now so we can all hit the shrine and get the chests?"

Self-Absorbed Tool: "No, it's funnier if I leave you all here and post on the boards how clever I am!"
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade (Epic Completionist), Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jarladdin Nalfesne, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield (Heroic Completionist, Epic Completionist.)

Sole member of Guinness Knights (Level 123)

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

I think the problem comes from bragging about it on the forums.

What the OP did (or whoever) doesn't really matter. Clicking or not clicking the altar is not really the issue here; yes it's ironic that it happened to come down to that specific person, BUT bragging about it is where the problem comes in.

Politely telling the group, "sorry I can't complete this one guys, I need my guy off timer," and this wouldn't be a story at all.

I guess, in short, this is why I like ghallanda; this server has little to no drama, and I've never even been on a shroud run where people didn't give others a chance to recall, ddoor, or /death out.

In the last few months, I've seen a few AOK threads either villifying or defending their behavior. All I can take away from it is that there is a complete desire to get attention otherwise, they'd just run guild runs and call it good.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    I simply followed instructions of the raid leader, nothing more and nothing less. I was never planning on completing, I stayed to assist and watch/enjoy the carnage. Would we be even having this discussion if I had /death out when I had planned? And as i have posted in other places, I do not carry the spells for any raise/rez. I use scrolls and clickes for all of that, and that group was not worth the plat for one of my scrolls.
    I'd think reasonable folks wouldn't want to be in a guild that lets folks like you remain guilded. Or is AoK the guild on Argo where all the folks who'd be kicked from decent guilds hang out? Raising one of the healers would have cost you too much plat? Just how broke and stingy are you folks in AoK? Maybe the folks who play on Argo should take up a collection for you paupers?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    Politely telling the group, "sorry I can't complete this one guys, I need my guy off timer," and this wouldn't be a story at all.
    False. You missed the part where he didn't rez one of the other healers because he preferred to behave like an anti-social twelve year old. If he didn't want the completion, he could have rezzed a divine and then recalled out.

You guys assume every story told is bragging. Sometimes though telling stories is just fun, to share, and other fluffy stuff like that. I'm pretty sure his goal in posting that was to make a bunch of us laugh... and from what I've heard about AoK, possibly to twist a bunch of anal retentive panties.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Black is cool beans. As the guild Canadian, I can tell you the guy is decent and polite by all of our national standards.

Nobody really cares what a bunch of ding-dongs too afraid to put their toons/guild in their sig, have to say about it.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

And in another first for AOK, they got the forums themselves shut down for a week. Not sure how they did it, but I'm sure somehow they are the ones responsible.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678