Founder
    Enlightened Completionist

Exclamation Crafted Wraps stop working when switching between Non-Crafted Wraps

Duck, you seem to be the only one that listens... this has been reported by me every update since crafting has gone live, and before. This will be the last time.

Bonuses such as Greater Bane and Good DR break from Holy stop working on crafted wraps such as +5 Holy Handwraps of Greater Evil Outsider Bane with a guild slot if you switch between non-crafted wraps and crafted. They will start working again if you change your combat stats such as activating the Shintao Monk set from ToD.

I am not sure if this is limited to crafted wraps with a guild slot vs non-guild slot as this is QA's job and they should have the tools, time, and know-how to test all the variants long before a player should see them.

I'm not going to list all the posts I have made or the PMs on this issue but if I couldn't do my job from April to Oct I would expect more than one boot up my ass. Yes, its only a game, but its also someone's job. They need to start getting it right.

from Turbine Support support@turbine.com
    to
    date Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 4:41 PM
    subject Thank you for your DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE(tm): Eberron Unlimited(tm) bug submission
    mailed-by turbine.com
    hide details Apr 19
    Thank you for submitting the bug titled 'OTHER: Crafted handwraps not adding + to hit-damage'. Your bug has been sent to our Quality Assurance team to be reviewed.

We are not able to provide status updates or feedback on individual bugs, however, our QA team may contact you using the private messaging system of the DDO forums or by email if further information is needed about the bug.

Thank you for helping to make DDO better!
    from Turbine Support support@turbine.com
    to
    date Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 4:03 PM
    subject Thank you for your DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE(tm): Eberron Unlimited(tm) bug submission
    mailed-by turbine.com
    Thank you for submitting the bug titled 'OTHER: Crafted Wraps stop working when switching between Non-Crafted Wraps'. Your bug has been sent to our Quality Assurance team to be reviewed.

We are not able to provide status updates or feedback on individual bugs, however, our QA team may contact you using the private messaging system of the DDO forums or by email if further information is needed about the bug.

Thank you for helping to make DDO better!
    Martens - The Enlightened One, "Abbot Slayer," Mournlander (28 Monk Martens' 3.0 Build) * Marten (28 Cleric) Sarlona
    Videos: Crafting, Raiding, Testing, Questing here ** My IRL Epic **

well said sir

when i think that i started cannith crafting, just so i could craft wraps for my monk...
    Jesus saves. Everyone else rounds to nearest 5%.

Sarlona: Nafaka[Rogue] Nandu[Monk] Neotheny[Wizard]
    Bullet Fist Tony My rogue's build

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4405 View Post
    when i think that i started cannith crafting, just so i could craft wraps for my monk...
    this ^^

Cross posting to this other thread, seems there's some 'Unstable'ity in QA's handwrap testing

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=345414
    Last edited by B.Ogre; 10-06-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4405 View Post
    I then think of when I stopped bothering to level up crafting, just because I couldn't craft wraps for my monk...
    "Funny 'Ha-Ha, or Funny 'Uh-oh...'?
    Probably Funny 'Uh-Oh.'"
    Khyber - Mesaana, Samaeila Suncrusher

Community Member

Well said, OP and thanks for your tireless reiteration of it - it is warranted. This has all been broken in many ways for too long. I also started crafting mainly for wraps (although of course used it for other things too in the end) and I am bored of waiting for it all to work properly.

Getting tired of it

Make Handwraps one-handed weapons, let us use two, give 'Flurry of Blows' a ~10% stacking attack speed buff (like now) when using them and make them work like normal weapons with a different animation. Then we can finally settle this absurdly annoying topic. If you can't make your code work, start from scratch again. Basic principle of code engineering but what do I know. (strings attached here as it's a running environment but I'd gladly take that pill)
    Last edited by Tinco; 10-07-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    If you can't make your code work, start from scratch again.
    Agree.

Sometimes you just have to burn it all down and start over. The astonishing variety and depth of bugs related to handwraps are an embarrassment to the game, the developers, and the players.

Every time I think of TRing into a Monk, another one of these threads pop up and reminds me why I shouldn't.