Default Mabar event, need some advices please!

Hi all guy!
    Mabar event should be right behind the corner now so I need some information.
    I skipped to run the event last here so I would like to come prepared this time.
    Here we go:

1) Are all collectibles (lich dust, vampire fang, dragon scale, motes) BTA? I know that item are BTC but I would like to farm this with my fvs or, at least, with my barbarian and the items I would like to have are not for those 2.

2) Can I act like in CC? I mean: Can I go into some high undead density easy quest to blast it and collect motes (assuming I use the right item) like I do now with grog+butcher's path?

Ty a lot
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Quote Originally Posted by Bodic View Post
    I read this but it doesn't answer to my 2 question, man
    Last edited by Nephilia; 10-06-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Community Member

1. Only the scales and the keys are BtA. The rest is unbound.

2. Yes, although I believe the drops aren't as good as CC + grog.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilia View Post
    2) Can I act like in CC? I mean: Can I go into some high undead density easy quest to blast it and collect motes (assuming I use the right item) like I do now with grog+butcher's path?
    Only if you are willing to spend real money.

Yes, there is an item which allows what you described; it is called Draught of Midnight. However, in every undead area I know of (outside Mabar Event itself) Draught of Midnight gives pathetic return on the investment. You buy it for 25 TP or for 500 Motes of Night. It lasts one hour. Well, blasting undead for an hour in Orchard of the Macabre gave me less than 60 motes. At one point I did Mirra's Sleepless Nights twice in succession; it is a very short quest, and you kill about 16-20 undead in it. I got all of six motes.

Even in Mabar Event itself, killing undead practically non-stop, you barely break even if you buy Draught of Midnight with motes. Most people buy it with TP.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

How many motes roughly can you expect to farm per hour in the graveyard? Say for a level 20. Just a ballpark number?
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Even in Mabar Event itself, killing undead practically non-stop, you barely break even if you buy Draught of Midnight with motes. Most people buy it with TP.
    don't know about that. last year I bought it with motes on my cleric. I would net about 1500 motes during that hour, as opposed to about 500 motes an hour without it, so net gain was 500 motes an hour (1500 - 500 for draught - 500 that I would have gotten anyway).

this relies on being an ass, though, by standing near large groups of high level players, and then killing large groups of undead by spamming mass cures as soon as they spawned, stealing the kills. as such, I only bought two draught during the event, close to the end, when I got a little sick of it and just wanted to finish that last item...