Candy Mountain! Candy Mountain! Fill me with sweet sugary goodness!

Default Casting cleric gear

Ok, so for my 20th casting cleric, I'm looking at a gear set up like this (Remembering I don't have much to start with):

Head- Epic Helm of Frost
    Neck- Epic Torc
    Trinket- Litany/Bauble for Clickie
    Cloak- Epic Envonomed
    Belt- Epic Lion Headed
    Ring1- Epic Ring of the Buccaneer Tier 3
    Ring2-
    Gloves- GS Gloves (45 HP with Enervation Guard)/Vile Blasphemy for clickie
    Boots- Epic Boots of Corrosion/ToD Boots/Possibly Epic Firestorm Greaves(?)
    Bracers- Bracers of the Glacier
    Goggles- GS Goggles (SP GS goggles with Con Opp and Disease/Blindness Immun.) (Almost finished with these!)
    Armor- Epic Cavalry Plate Tier 3
    Weapon sets-
    Tier 3 Epic Ornamented Dagger/Tier 3 Epic Swashbuckler
    Staff of the Petitioner

Kind of need something for second ring slot...
    Opinions? Comments? Suggestions? All are welcome!
    "They should have an odor bonus to AC."
    "No, an insect bonus. You move wierdly due to insects in your pants, +2 AC."

Get a tod ring with +1 exc wisdom, and put +2 exc wisdom on it.
    Not sure why you want the epic buccaneer ring... Id replace it with a tod ring with +1/+2 exc con. Keep the buccaneer only for umd swaps.
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno346 View Post
    Get a tod ring with +1 exc wisdom, and put +2 exc wisdom on it.
    Not sure why you want the epic buccaneer ring... Id replace it with a tod ring with +1/+2 exc con. Keep the buccaneer only for umd swaps.
    Agreed, mostly.

I'm partial to Rakhir's Ring, with matching belt, for better crits. You can put your +2 Wis on it, and put +1 Wis in any empty Epic slot.

Consider getting Greater Arcane Lore, too. Epic Green Blade would give that plus some Spell Pen. Or Skiver. You can swap in your shield when you want to turtle up.

Also, Petitioner's Staff gives you +2 on your Enchant and Necro DCs, but what about Evocation? Regalia of the Phoenix, or Epic Robe of Fire or something can get that. Implosion FTW! (And Soundburst, and your BBs against high Reflex mobs.)

One problem with this I can see: You're not using epic helm of the Mroranon for the +7 wis.

As a casting cleric maxing wisdom should be your priority, and you can get +7 cha elsewhere.

Sure the abishai bonus set is nice, but you can get the 3 piece bonus with something else, while nothing can replace +7 wis.

Also, the Cove items apart from the plate (and even then, the full plate of the ringleader is situationally better sometimes) are hardly best in slot.

Get an epic green blade or skiver for greater arcane lore, get a HoX shield for the blocking DR when turtling up and an epic warding shield/other casting weapon otherwise

Get ToD rings for both ring slots (the rakhir set is nice for divines, you can get major arcan lore with it).
    Last edited by jaegarnel; 10-05-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Um...why the epic buccaneer ring?

Ok - Green slot on non-armor.
    +7 dex for your reflex saves
    +2 Luck bonus to saves, completely replacing the Head of Good Fortune (especially if you slot Heavy Fort into that Green slot)
    +5 AC if you care about that

And also those swimming bonuses.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.