Default Doozy of a Shroud

I ran Shroud on normal last with a pug, and I could have sworn that Harry was on steroids. His health bar shortened ever so slowly and he was throwing fireballs around like I have never seen before.
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

I thought "Harry" was Horoth's nickname?

I guess phonetically there is some similarity between the first couple syllables of "Arraetrikos" and "Harry", but I'd have sworn I never heard "Harry" mentioned in DDO before The Tower of Despair came out.

Community Member

I've seen Arraetrikos abbreviated to Arry, 'Arry, and Harry. Never seen that nickname used for Horoth.

Community Member LoveNeverFails's Avatar

i was always under the impression Harry = arretrikos. or whatever his names is...

Proud member of Sarlona's The Unrepentant. Gaming without pants since June 5, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbadoc View Post
    I thought "Harry" was Horoth's nickname?

I guess phonetically there is some similarity between the first couple syllables of "Arraetrikos" and "Harry", but I'd have sworn I never heard "Harry" mentioned in DDO before The Tower of Despair came out.
    its cause when the shroud first came out the annoucer dude sounded like a harry potter wannabe and get saying 'arry this and 'arry that!

sulumendes (wow i just totally butchered that!) got shortened to sulu for obvious reasons, then when harry caught on, a lot of people were calling sulu sally. ( for when harry met sally for those who have forgotten the movie)

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    its cause when the shroud first came out the annoucer dude sounded like a harry potter wannabe and get saying 'arry this and 'arry that!

sulumendes (wow i just totally butchered that!) got shortened to sulu for obvious reasons, then when harry caught on, a lot of people were calling sulu sally. ( for when harry met sally for those who have forgotten the movie)

hob
    Ah, okay. I always hear Suulomades called "Sully". I personally call him "The Big Grey Chicken". People don't talk about Arraetrikos much, it seems; they just go in and kill him while talking about build options or football or whatever. Come to think of it, The Shroud feels like standing in the grocery store checkout line; everyone knows what to expect, so everyone just makes small talk while waiting for it to be over so they can go home with some ingredients.

Maybe the prevalence of nicknames varies server to server.

Sometimes "Harry" does get really pi$$ed off and goes Midevil. I only have about 100 Shroud runs and have seen this only a hand full of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".