Community Member

Default kronzek's cruelty

has anyone ever seen this scimitar drop?

Default Yes

I had everything to make and epic but the base item. I ended up farming for 2 nights and got one after probably about 60 runs or so. The best thing to do if you want it for the epic version get some friends or put a LFM up for help.

This is what you do:

Everyone on a lvl 20 and solo a Big Top instance on there ow n (everyone break party, go in, and join group again)

Everyone run to the optional and see if he is there. Let everyone know you got the named and you all leave your instance except the one with the named.

You go in loot the chest and you got your up to 6 chances. Doing it solo like I did will be very painful....trust me

Yes, but not recently.

Helped a friend of mine get his pair back in update 7 or so (when Small Problem seal drops were finally fixed).
    Saw one pulled in an Epic run where we killed him in update 10.
    Helped another friend try to farm it, without any luck in update 11.

It's a lot slower to farm now since you can't do the "invis and jump" tricks to reach him, and he is not there very often.

Yes, saw about 4 of them drop the first time I had ever run the optional to get it.
    Omnipresence, Ghallanda
    Trellon // Trelala

They should do the end-rewards in the same way as they did with Sentinels. Every 3rd Big Top completion you get to pick from named loot.

IMO Kron'zek should always spawn on Epic. Likewise the Mask of Comedy optional.

The drop rate isn't bad on Elite, but even at 20 you'll want a hireling to feed to the first wheel of death (unless you are trapskilled or have evasion), and a way to raise them.

Just go into the quest on Elite, solo to Kron'zek (check the wiki for where he spawns, and remember not to touch the wheel but to make the hireling do it), and if he's there, kill him. (He has only 1000 or so HP and is a joke). Then ask guildies to join you in the instance.

Usually, if six people open the chest on Elite, a scimitar will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    I can't agree more with this. The number of times i have run to that stupid encounter on elite is rediculous only to have it not spawn. That was bad enough with being able to jump to those locations now its far worse.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The elite Rune Wheels can hit for up to 400 if you fail all the saves.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

The drop rate isn't bad on Elite, but even at 20 you'll want a hireling to feed to the first wheel of death (unless you are trapskilled or have evasion), and a way to raise them.

Just go into the quest on Elite, solo to Kron'zek (check the wiki for where he spawns, and remember not to touch the wheel but to make the hireling do it), and if he's there, kill him. (He has only 1000 or so HP and is a joke). Then ask guildies to join you in the instance.

Usually, if six people open the chest on Elite, a scimitar will drop.
    good to know, I helped a guildy try to get his one night we popped that chest 15 or so times at least with no luck

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

i lucked out and snagged one as i was leveling up thru that area.

still need a dang mask of comedy, tho

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Community Member

If anyone is still farming for the base Kron'zek's Cruelty here are some tips which helped me get TWO :

1. Run with many friends as possible. Everyone or a couple of you enter different instances to check if Kron'zek's spawned.

2. Normal or Elite makes no difference as I finally got two bases, once in each difficulty

3. Clear the ENTIRE rune wheel area of mobs. When I did clear, I notice Kron'zek spawns compared to not clearing the area of mobs.

The above should not be difficult with a capped toon, preferably an evasion or high HP toon on elite.

Good luck !
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron.
    We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sofianna View Post
    3. Clear the ENTIRE rune wheel area of mobs. When I did clear, I notice Kron'zek spawns compared to not clearing the area of mobs.
    That is absolutely not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Community Member

Talking

Relax .... I'm merely saying the boss spawns more often if you do clear compared to just run and leave majority mobs behind after doing wheels.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron.
    We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sofianna View Post
    Relax .... I'm merely saying the boss spawns more often if you do clear compared to just run and leave majority mobs behind after doing wheels.
    I understood that. I'm saying it's not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.