Mabar is approaching! Time to get your Disruption and Holy/Holy/Holy items ready.
In the past, when the Mabar "bits" turn-in got close to Spectral Dragon time, I would start flooding the general chat channel with details about how the whole Spectral Dragon challenge works. There's a lot of information that is critical to success, and I used the /alias command to quickly distribute that information.
I am planning to update my /aliases for the coming event. But before I do, I'd like to get some community feedback first:
- I've only run the Spectral Dragon at CR 1-8 and CR 9-14. Are there any critical differences from these two lower level Spectral Dragon instances compared to CR 15-19, and CR 20?
- The lever that floods the altars with light - keep the light on all the time? Or, only when the Dragon is in the respective room? I have heard that flipping the light on all the time causes crippling lag, and also provokes Gargoyle spawns. Can anyone weigh in on this with some experience, or empirical evidence?
- I plan to highlight that coordination, balancing the teams on each alter, and communication is key. And to open GENERAL CHAT! (Some remove this, or discard it all together). Are there any other recommendations for coordination and communication? Group with your altar room? Raid group to include as many instance members as possible? What is the ideal configuration for communicating between 16-24 of your random closest friends?
- Does anyone remember the Dragon's weaknesses? Vulnerable to any particular elements? Or, does Greater Dragon Bane reign supreme? Any particularly helpful tactics when casting or meleeing the dragon?
- Any tips for dealing with the Gargoyles? I don't believe that they are particularly suseptible to any specific elements. Are they easily charmed, disco balled, fascinated?
Can you suggest any other specific, critical tips that you hope to The Host that everyone in your instance will know?
Thanks for the feedback. I'll likely post my /alias spams in this thread, too, in case anyone would like use them to do the same on their server.