Community Member balancetraveller's Avatar

Default Wand and Scroll Mastery - on Clickies and Pots?

"Grants a 25% increase to the effectiveness of your wands, scrolls, and other items that cast spells."

So someone has proved it that this should work on clickies (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=213614 ) - can we get a confirmation that it works on pots as well?

If this works exactly as how it is worded, we should expect to get more efficiency out of our mana pots / RSS / Bauble etc. as well... is this true?
    Last edited by balancetraveller; 10-03-2011 at 01:48 AM.

ah ok wizard's spell mastery etc is to increase the dc of your wands and scrolls nothing else and its not working with any of sp items ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolath View Post
    i am not sure about bauble and pots as what this skill of artificer doing is to increase the casting lvl of the item.and bauble and pots etc have a stable amount of sp (100-500) and dont depend on casting lvl of the item
    but i think abbot's gloves and spell storing ring work fine with it.
    No I am not talking about the Artificer thing that increases the caster level... I am talking about the Wizard enhancement that increase the numbers directly.

When we drink a major pot, it basically casts Major Mnemonic Enhancer (+105 ~ 600 SP). With the description of this enhancement I am wondering if I will get (+105 ~ 600) * 1.25 SP instead.

yep sorry i already edit my first post when i notice that you was talking about that.

but its not working on majors or sp items.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolath View Post
    ah ok wizard's spell mastery etc is to increase the dc of your wands and scrolls nothing else and its not working with any of sp items ofcourse.
    Eh, no I am not talking anything about DC... I don't think you got my question =/

It works on healing scrolls AFAIK, so would be good if someone with the enhancement could confirm whether it works on healing pots, SP pots, and SP clickies.

now you will make me to log and change enchantments but really i dont think it works

Community Member

It doesn't work on anything but pots (not sp) wands and scrolls. (and not even 100% of all those)

The text is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy1guy View Post
    It doesn't work on anything but pots (not sp) wands and scrolls. (and not even 100% of all those)

The text is wrong.
    That's unfortunate But thanks for the info, was just about to hop onto a new toon to test this myself, saved me a great bunch of time =)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy1guy View Post

The text is wrong.
    Actually Wand and Scroll Mastery works on Wands, Scrolls, Clickies (they're spell trigger like Wands) ... Potions are not affected at all.

That said, it will not increase the potency of SP regen effects from say the Ring of Spell Storing or the Mysterious Bauble.

Fun note; The Artificer Bonus to Wondrous item CL does increase the SP gained from the Ring of Spell Storing, not much of a boon but hey...
    [REDACTED]

Community Member

It does not work on clickies.

The dc or damage of offensive ones will never go up.

The duration on any will never go up. (or that 30 second haste clicky would last longer, or the aid would give a couple more pts. ect ect ect.)

Does not work.

The way its worded makes it sound like it will but the text is wrong.

Unless by work you mean it won't change the dc, damage, or duration.. Then yeah sure. it 'works'.