Thumbs down Why is casting Cleric spells in the Crystal Cove so slow?

Hiyas all.

I though it was my imagination but I asked a few other clerics and they seem to agree that it feels slower casting spells in the CC.
    My last run I was casting Raise Dead because Resurrection felt like it was taking 10 seconds for the animation to complete. It was painful to watch.
    ... and its not lag as some have said. I know spell lag and this isnt it.
    I've been playing my cleric for long enough to know how long it takes to cast spells.
    BladeBarrier is also affected.

So, Turbine, what is your reasoning behind this?
    Are you trying to annoy the **** out of every cleric in this game every way you know how until no one is playing a healer and they will buy pots from the DDO Store?

On my other characters I am having lots of fun in the CC, but being a cleric in this game at the moment just sucks arse.

Not happy at all.
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitehawk74 View Post
    Hiyas all.

I though it was my imagination but I asked a few other clerics and they seem to agree that it feels slower casting spells in the CC.
    My last run I was casting Raise Dead because Resurrection felt like it was taking 10 seconds for the animation to complete. It was painful to watch.
    ... and its not lag as some have said. I know spell lag and this isnt it.
    I've been playing my cleric for long enough to know how long it takes to cast spells.
    BladeBarrier is also affected.

So, Turbine, what is your reasoning behind this?
    Are you trying to annoy the **** out of every cleric in this game every way you know how until no one is playing a healer and they will buy pots from the DDO Store?

On my other characters I am having lots of fun in the CC, but being a cleric in this game at the moment just sucks arse.

Not happy at all.
    I ran the cove a lot yesterday on my low level cleric in Kyhber and did not notice the lag in spell casting time. I did have a lot of lag overall though that sucked.

it the overall animation time it takes to cast a spell.
    it feels like slo-motion.
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

there was a bug with quicken about where you had to toggle it off and on to get it to work a while back. dunno if that is still about, never had it personally

Community Member

Seemed like casting blade barrier on my arti is taking a little longer than normal, and i get interupted more (no quicken). Haven't tried it on my cleric, not much into trying to heal something where all the melees get hit so hard.

The quicken bug is still with us, the cove seems to be especially bad. I'm having to toggle quicken on and off multiple times in the cove. It's killed me a couple of times where I was trying to toss a mass heal.

its not a bug. i dont usually have quicken on in the CC but I put it on to see the difference and it is slower than normal.
    basically it feels like the animation is taking one and a half times longer to finish than when outside the CC.

It has to do with the meta magic U11 changes and the quicken bug?
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue