Community Member balancetraveller's Avatar

Default Vampire Form - Worth it?

For those who have taken it - do you find the boost to Enchantment DC worth of the risk of taking 4x damage from light spells? And any particular quest you'd avoid using Vampire Form at all (Running with the Devils, quests with Pit Fiend end bosses, etc.)?

There are quests where no light damage occurs. In these the boost in ench dcs is welcome. At lvl18 you will run mostly in lich form. If I dont know if light damage occurs wraith/lich/without form will be better choice.
    Last edited by lhidda; 10-02-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lhidda View Post
    There are quests where no light damage occurs. In these the boost in ench dcs is welcome. At lvl18 you will run mostly in lich form. If I dont know if light damage occurs wraith/lich/without form will be better choice.
    yep true, best way to do it is have tons of hp to begin with and use vampire form for hard-core cc if 1 dc doesnt change the fact you fail then head back into lich

Community Member

Do not take vamp form for leveling if you plan to grind content with a lot of clerics casting searing (GH) lights or sunburst kobolds (one sunburst in siegebreaker and you are a vamp toast) Take mental thoughtness feat and use wraith form, then at 18lvl go to Fred to swap mental for something else. At endgame (raids, epics) you will use lich all the time which is more beneficial than vamp.

If you can get that enchantment spell off before getting hit by a searing light. :3
    i've witnessed someone do it in siege breaker+undermine...
    A rogue is basically, "Look at me or die."

Quote Originally Posted by EpiKagEMO View Post
    If you can get that enchantment spell off before getting hit by a searing light. :3
    i've witnessed someone do it in siege breaker+undermine...
    Once you get Lich mode, it's a moot point. Lich mode has just as good CC as vamp if not flat out better, since necro and conjuration are both equally important in end-game.