Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Survey after in game ticket resolution

I simply propose that DDO institute a survey sent to the players private E-mail address after the closure of any submitted in game ticket.

I see both bad (more) and good (less) from the player base on the in game customer service, and I simply propose you follow suit of WoW and send a survey to players so that they can rate the GM on their performance of the issue.

I honestly do not know what else there is to say about this idea, I will let it speak for itself.

(I do apologize for bringing WoW into it though, it is the only other MMO I played that does send a private E-mail to the players E-mail about their session with the GM that just helped them)

EDIT: As of 1/30/2012: With reply number 97, the petition stands at: 58(give or take one) votes for adding a GM feedback survey, 3 vote NOT for adding a feedback survey. My vote doesn't count.

I will try to keep this tallied on a daily basis (I won't bother changing the date if the numbers do not change though). Thank you all for your participation in this "survey".

Second EDIT: This statement is made after examining the in game service forums, and seeing so very few GM's or CSR's responding to threads posted in them. So in addition to the OP, I want to add the following: [in brackets below]

[ I now want to add to my original post, opening a thread in the in game service forums should also mean a player should be sent a survey, valid for 2 weeks time, to fill out covering the basics of response time, help received, and a comment box at the end. No more than 1 survey per account per month on the forum though to prevent abuse and all that. ]

Turbine has a new online support page. In the upper left is the 'support center tab', click that, and then click submit feedback. New link : http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/splash.asp

Or you can go directly to the new feedback survey with this link: http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/feedback.asp My advice is to never use the <criticism> as your type of feedback, lol, instant round file.
    Last edited by umeannothing; 01-30-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Its not just WoW, our internal helpdesk uses the same type of feedback survey when you submit a ticket to them. Its not a bad idea, the real trick is finding useful questions to put on it.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Its not just WoW, our internal helpdesk uses the same type of feedback survey when you submit a ticket to them. Its not a bad idea, the real trick is finding useful questions to put on it.

Well, it has been awhile since I played WoW, but they USED to refer to the GM by name, and ask how you felt their service in helping you with your problem was, uhhh.....They asked if you were happy with the resolution, they asked about the wait time, if i remember right (could be wronger) it was a 1-10 scale, they asked what they could do better I think, but mostly they focused on how you felt that particular GM helped you to resolve your issue.

I have a feeling, nix that, I know for positive, if this were to happen in this game, you would see far fewer threads about bad GM service, and you may just see more GOOD posts about good GM service.

Edit> Bear in mind, these surveys were sent to the players private email address used to set up their account, and not sent out to the player via in game mail.

Quote Originally Posted by umeannothing View Post
    Well, it has been awhile since I played WoW, but they USED to refer to the GM by name, and ask how you felt their service in helping you with your problem was, uhhh.....They asked if you were happy with the resolution, they asked about the wait time, if i remember right (could be wronger) it was a 1-10 scale, they asked what they could do better I think, but mostly they focused on how you felt that particular GM helped you to resolve your issue.

I have a feeling, nix that, I know for positive, if this were to happen in this game, you would see far fewer threads about bad GM service, and you may just see more GOOD posts about good GM service.

Edit> Bear in mind, these surveys were sent to the players private email address used to set up their account, and not sent out to the player via in game mail.
    IIRC, they also made it so that players could actually fill it out in-game by clicking a little icon that appeared in the top right corner of the screen after the GM closed the ticket.

Basically, the survery covered: Whether or not you got a response, how helpful the response was, how long you had to wait, how many GM's you had to talk to to get the issue resolved, how knowledgeable said GM's were to said problem, and asking you whether or not they treated you as a valued customer or just another pain in the butt. At the end there was a little block allowing you to add feedback and constructive criticism to said ticket and how Blizzard could handle it better in the future.

I agree, with something like this, it'd increase the amount of good customer service received, because it would tell the company who needs more training, who needs to be taught to treat the customer better, etc. I'm all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    Boo hoo. Use your leftover Turbine Points to buy your self a pair and stop crying like a little wuss.
    | Alts: Balthioul, Briathos, Concentio

Quote Originally Posted by Zack77 View Post
    IIRC, they also made it so that players could actually fill it out in-game by clicking a little icon that appeared in the top right corner of the screen after the GM closed the ticket.

Basically, the survery covered: Whether or not you got a response, how helpful the response was, how long you had to wait, how many GM's you had to talk to to get the issue resolved, how knowledgeable said GM's were to said problem, and asking you whether or not they treated you as a valued customer or just another pain in the butt. At the end there was a little block allowing you to add feedback and constructive criticism to said ticket and how Blizzard could handle it better in the future.

I agree, with something like this, it'd increase the amount of good customer service received, because it would tell the company who needs more training, who needs to be taught to treat the customer better, etc. I'm all for it.
    Your right, there was an icon that showed up on screen as well as one in your Email, I had forgotten about that.

You also have the the gist of what the feedback survey had in it as well.

I also do not ever remember opening a ticket on that other game and having it closed without a GM opening a chat with me for a 1 on 1 as well, which was always nice, even if they said too bad so sad.

Thanks for your support!

Community Member

/Sign

Although I've only had good experiences when submitting a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by R0cksteady View Post
    /Sign

Although I've only had good experiences when submitting a ticket.

Thank you very much for your support as well, it sounds like you would be filing a survey with all positives for the GM's that responded to you then, which would be good feedback for them.

That is what this suggestion is all about, not only to fill out bad feedback survey, but good as well, to let the players gripe in the feedback survey, or give kudos where it may be deserved, rather than bringing more complaints to the forums where they generally get no results at all, neither from other players, or from GM's, or any other Turbine representative.

Like my signature says, let the player decide if the service was good or bad.

It is the player spending the money after all.

Community Member

It would be a good idea, as long as they include the open ended comment box at the end.. surveys just don't cover everything. Some gm's may leave you wanting to give some good feedback, some leave you needing to blow off some steam (and if they were rude, they deserve the bad review).

One thing i doubt you'll see much on the forums is threads started over a helpful GM, just not worth the posters time.. Who cares that the gm reset whatever for ya that one time? Now if a GM does something that is screwing someone over, or feels like it, such as not resetting that bugged boss where a party had used storebought potions you'll see a thread on that. Much easier to remember the bad than the good, and forums reflect that.

In any kind of customer service you will always receive more negative responses to survey's than positive ones. That being said statistically speaking if you are receiving 90% negative surveys compared to the number of tickets closed then there is a problem.
    I'd sign this one.
    Cannith - Falconsbane(8 - 3rd life), NeedOil (14), NeedMead, Needfood, hobbitarcher(5)
    Sarlona - Zebidiahh (19.8), Anotherpers(20), Smurgh(16), Falconsbane(14), Needoil(15)
    The first rule of the trashcan guild is expect to die...
    There is no second rule.

Community Member LoveNeverFails's Avatar

I like it. hopefully it'd end all those GMs suck threads out there.

Proud member of Sarlona's The Unrepentant. Gaming without pants since June 5, 2011

/Signed

It would be very nice. Every single ticket i've put i've got the "This problem hadn't presented before, so i don't know what to do" AKA "Sorry, sucks to be you right now". This would be a way to get competent GMs.
    Kaldrick (Wiz PM 20), Aurala (FvS evoker 20), Kyrale (Bard Spellsinger 20) - Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Farayon View Post
    Does anyone else wonder if Turbine are secretly being funded by the government to run psychological tests on us by adding completely absurd, inexplicable changes to the game?

Good companies learn the most from their negative feedback. While it's all well and good to hear about how wonderful the service is, improvement comes from listening to the people who are unhappy.

While some people are unreasonable and some are crackpots... the majority represent your average players.

The thing is, they get LOTS of feedback but rarely give players a response. They may or may not act on the feedback but when very little response is given, it appears that they throw all our comments away and work in their own little bubble.

Yup, good companies constantly strive to improve their customer satisfaction numbers and you never know what those numbers are like if you do not ask for feedback consistently.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Yup, good companies constantly strive to improve their customer satisfaction numbers and you never know what those numbers are like if you do not ask for feedback consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    Good companies learn the most from their negative feedback. While it's all well and good to hear about how wonderful the service is, improvement comes from listening to the people who are unhappy.

While some people are unreasonable and some are crackpots... the majority represent your average players.

The thing is, they get LOTS of feedback but rarely give players a response. They may or may not act on the feedback but when very little response is given, it appears that they throw all our comments away and work in their own little bubble.

I am going to presume these are both yes votes for this suggestion, and add them to the yes please tally.

Thank you very much for your support!

Default The very noticeable silence of.....

The most prolific forum users. How do you users feel on this subject?

I was expecting a large amount of back and forth in this thread as well, and it has been quite noticeably silent from those that are the most vociferous on the forums.

The current tally remains at 9 aye/zero nay.

Thank you again to all those not afraid to voice up on the subject.

/signed

While I'm not too much for trying to ride the managment about stuff since they have been communicating and working on alot of stuff for us some of the GM's they have hired could definatly use a swift kick in the....ahhemmmmm....... i mean some evaluation on their performance. These are the people we have the most contact with on a daily basis and need to properly perform the duties to which they are assigned and not give what is fastly becoming the standard "sucks to be you" response.
    To err is human, to forgive is divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
    Jinger~Docholiday~Fritobandito~Bandshee~Grudock~Seigeengine

Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak View Post
    /signed

While I'm not too much for trying to ride the managment about stuff since they have been communicating and working on alot of stuff for us some of the GM's they have hired could definatly use a swift kick in the....ahhemmmmm....... i mean some evaluation on their performance. These are the people we have the most contact with on a daily basis and need to properly perform the duties to which they are assigned and not give what is fastly becoming the standard "sucks to be you" response.

I agree with you whole heartedly. I am not trying t attack anyone at all, and least of all the Devs, Q&A, or the Mods. They have been doing an amazing job of communicating the last couple of months. This is solely a suggestion based on the in game service, and how to give the player a chance to voice their opinion of the in game help they received.

Community Member

A survey assumes they actually want to improve. I don't think DDO wishes to improve it's QA or its customer service. Therefore, ignorance is bliss.

That said, I am also all for this survey.
    Ghallanda Server Member: ToHitArmorClassZero
    Aaramar - Allimar - Calimaar - 11 others, but I'm usually on those three

I'm not exactly sure how the feedback is going to help, really.

9 out of 10 times I get a response saying they are unable to help with the issue, please file a bug report.

the very few times they can help they've been very...erm...helpful?

But if a survey improves the GM's ability to help in-game, can't argue against it. survey's are always optionals anyways.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Quote Originally Posted by umeannothing View Post
    I simply propose that DDO institute a survey sent to the players private E-mail address after the closure of any submitted in game ticket.

I see both bad (more) and good (less) from the player base on the in game customer service, and I simply propose you follow suit of WoW and send a survey to players so that they can rate the GM on their performance of the issue.

I honestly do not know what else there is to say about this idea, I will let it speak for itself.

(I do apologize for bringing WoW into it though, it is the only other MMO I played that does send a private E-mail to the players E-mail about their session with the GM that just helped them)

EDIT:

That is 9 agreed votes, zero not agreed votes as of 10/25/11. My vote doesn't count.

I will try to keep this tallied on a daily basis. Thank you all for your participation in this "survey".
    This would be good! Seriously any system without this kind of controls will tend towards mediocrity
    Khyber: Pinel ip!140+ / Laerak 120 / Sibeli 80 / Kaeral 100 / Gilmara 60 - Crafter 150/145/145

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast