Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by neverconsentual View Post
    60% displacement
    300% movement speed from things like expeditious retreat and shadow walk
    Stop posting on the forums and go back to leveling your lvl 3 sorcerer.

Community Member

If they all group up nicely. a good one/two aoe set would wipe them all out.

"calls down the lightning and fire from the sky upon those with a... stick to hit stuff."

Now don't make me say the word that kills you too...

Community Member

Could a Barbarian beat 300 sorcs in any arena in one round?

I think you have your answer sir
    Thelanis - Active Toons -> Gyversix, Lootforge, Reyvhin, Darkmeat, Yukka, Raypac

Leader of Solid

300 barbs in one room? Isn't that critical mass for cloudkill? Most would probably die without the Sorc's help.

If they were all outdoors tho, and there were a stiff breeze, the sorc wouldn't have the benefit of the massive noxious cloud hanging over them...
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.

If half the barbs were dwarves, and the other half were dwarven thrower spec'ed, The barbs would own 300 wizards each :P

This thread does not have enough drama please insult each other more! Thank you!
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

I think so

60% displacement
    100% fort
    aoe instakill (shock ball with metamagic feats on) on less than 2 second cooldown
    the blink air savants get at third prestige

around 500 base hp
    can heal self at the pace a pally can lay on hands

he could win without having to heal himself once, and maybe without getting hit once. He could probably win without even moving from his spawn and inch

i guess its realistic but you could also do something were the twelve disables some uses of magic in arena or something if you wanted the lore to be correct and pvp balanced
    I'd believe it... Assuming they were around level 4.

Tharne's.
    Sprint Boost.
    Natural 10% striding+30% item+35% sprint boost. (Don't worry, you're 40% is still cute).
    Pale Lav.

One on one: A well played barb could kill a poorly played caster. A well played caster=god mode (unless a well played AA is thrown in >.>)

3-300 on one: Dead sorc is dead.
    Snarfity snarfly snarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    This thread does not have enough drama please insult each other more! Thank you!
    You could always create a 2nd forum personna: 'War.Dogsof', and send him in to stir things up for you.

Oh yeah, and as uber as casters are in this game, my money's still on the 300 barbs in this one. That's going to be like what 150,000 hp with 300 saves for everything you do and its not going to take a lot of hits to whipe out your sorc's hps.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

considering I can kill most casters 1 on 1 on my barb, who doesnt even have a spell absorption item, doubtful a caster could stand against 10 barbs let alone 300.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    considering I can kill most casters 1 on 1 on my barb, who doesnt even have a spell absorption item, doubtful a caster could stand against 10 barbs let alone 300.
    Barbarians are indeed the most underestimated pvp'ers ingame. A well played barb can in fact defeat a well played sorcerer, and sure if the barb has spell absorption item.
    Sorcerers aren't god mode, only Tukaw builds can be real good pvp'ers, for different reasons

AA vs Sorc: AA wins
    Sorc vs Sorc: The first to icy prison/earthgrab/heat death wins.
    Sorc vs Insightful reflex Wiz/monk: Wiz/monk wins

Sorcerers also die because of stupid spells like Trap the soul, a spell frenzied chain lightning from a lightning spec wizard, a kukan-do monk.
    Main reason u see in any of this: insufficient saves/HP/DC.
    Nuking is all they really got.
    So 300 barbarians vs 1 sorcerer? I think almost any 2 lvl 20 barbarians would be sufficient, or maybe one.

Quote Originally Posted by powerclan View Post
    Barbarians are indeed the most underestimated pvp'ers ingame. A well played barb can in fact defeat a well played sorcerer, and sure if the barb has spell absorption item.
    Sorcerers aren't god mode, only Tukaw builds can be real good pvp'ers, for different reasons

AA vs Sorc: AA wins
    Sorc vs Sorc: The first to icy prison/earthgrab/heat death wins.
    Sorc vs Insightful reflex Wiz/monk: Wiz/monk wins

Sorcerers also die because of stupid spells like Trap the soul, a spell frenzied chain lightning from a lightning spec wizard, a kukan-do monk.
    Main reason u see in any of this: insufficient saves/HP/DC.
    Nuking is all they really got.
    So 300 barbarians vs 1 sorcerer? I think almost any 2 lvl 20 barbarians would be sufficient, or maybe one.
    don't forget the sorc/monk vs wiz monk in this case which ever has the ioun stone wins, so if sorc/monk has an ioun stone its auto win :0

Community Member

If all the barbarians were Occult Slayers and used Mind over Magic and Vanquish Magic, I think the barbarians would have a pretty fair shot at killing the Sorcerer with minimum casualties.

Of course, I;m sure the Devs will mess up the Occult Slayer when it's created so it becomes useless.

Community Member

this is impossible every barb will take throwing dagger hit you for 2 damage (it is xtreamly low) and u are dead so gl

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottmike0 View Post
    don't forget the sorc/monk vs wiz monk in this case which ever has the ioun stone wins, so if sorc/monk has an ioun stone its auto win :0
    No, because if you do not make Tukaw (16 sorc/2 paladin/2 monk (or was it 2 rogue?)) the saves of the sorc will be insufficient to save the DC of a wizard.
    Besides, a pale lavender ioun stone is the most OVERestimated item ever. It can be stripped easily, but is very nice to prtect you versus casters who jump down stun/dance. Or versus clerics or FvS who do not have a meteor swarm clicky.
    I have a pale lavender ioun stone on my FvS/monk, it is nice, but overestimated by some.

Of course, you can frighten people with it who do not know it are spell LEVELS ...

Exclamation

Oh my god, just let this thread die

I hate to admit it, but this is the first PvP thread I've seen that actually seems useful to post in. That being said...

There's a lot of assumptions we would have to make. Some of them can be automatic, others manual. If you factor in lag, the sorcerer stands a 0% chance of winning. However, if you factor in only the acceptable or better lag, then he might stand a chance...

There's not much in the way of instant kill spells a sorcerer could use that are useful anyways...circle of death has both fort and will saves, saves that a barbarian are great against when raged. Then there's FoD, which just has a fort save. Even if you had trap the soul components, the will save is a bit of a issue. Wail of the Banshee could be a great way to get rid of a bunch of barbarians, but you would need a insanely high dc for it to be valuable, plus the risk is high.

Though truth be told, I think instant-kill spells are not the answer...nuke AoE spells are. While players can use deathward, FoM, protection from elements, resist energy, and other protections and resistances, no player that I can think of can make themselves totally immune to any element, even the elemental savants themselves. That being said, if it were me, and if i had time, id just set up firewalls first, acid rain, maybe a few glyphs and other traps as well. Then, when they're in range, just start spamming spells like crazy; ball lightning, chain lightning, and other spells that hit long, and spread. After that, when they start getting a bit close, prismatic spray and a few other short-but-not-quite spells would be used to try to keep some of them at bay. When it gets really close, wail, circle of death, and many other spells can be used.

One important thing is to never lose your escape path; if you do, its game over for the sorcerer. Sure, invisibility might help, if it ACTUALLY worked in PvP, but odds are, if the barbarians can bypass your displacement, they can see you invisible, so it 'probably' will not work, especially since the characters are all level 20. Assuming that the barbarians cannot use your dimensional door, you can use that as well if you need to escape and are not by the entrance. Keeping your distance from all barbarians is pretty much mandatory, as is moving, especially if the barbarians are throwing things at you as well as meleeing.

Overall, could 300 level 20 barbarians be toppled by one level 20 sorcerer? In theory, yes, but in reality, theres a 98.6% chance of failure.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Community Member

I think your theory about 300 barbs being stupid enough to run around through a bunch of nasty aoe spells until they die is a wonderful example of why a lot of people would like a little attention to pvp in this game.

In pvm, what you described would happen is perfectly legit. I'd agree with you that 1 sorc could wipe out 300 dumby ai barbs without getting a scratch.

In pvp though, people would just do what smart pvm players do. When they saw aoe effects they'd either just run around them or start chucking throwing weapons at the guy camping in the middle of them. Unless of course they had evasion and high saves, then they might play a littly more risky around aoe effects.

It's a shame they can't even do minor work on the portion of the game that let's you play against intelligent opponents rather then just generic attempts at making pvm more difficult like beefing blade damage in shroud or inflating mob hp.

Did a sorc kill you repeatedly in the pvp? There there it's gonna be okay...

I think so

60% displacement
    100% fort
    aoe instakill (shock ball with metamagic feats on) on less than 2 second cooldown

around 500 base hp

he could win without having to heal himself once, and maybe without getting hit once. He could probably win without even moving from his spawn and inch

i guess its realistic but you could also do something were the twelve disables some uses of magic in arena or something if you wanted the lore to be correct and pvp balanced
    A well played, well built, well geared Sorcerer could slaugter an enormous number of mediocre Barbarians given appropriate terrain.

A well played, well built, well geared Barbarian could slaughter an enormous number medicore Sorcerers given appropriate terrain.

Fundamentally, either side will win by getting in the first shot. The Sorcerer will generally have an easier time getting in the first shot, but that's really not any different from high level play in Pen and Paper D&D. Whoever gets in the first "hit" wins.

In fact, in Pen and Paper that's still true for casters starting even at relatively low levels. In Pathfinder, even more so.

I think so

60% displacement
    100% fort

around 500 base hp

I don't even know what to say... Do you know anything about stacking in this game? And even if that was possible... All I say is True Seeing and Lighting Strike Throwing Weapon.
    .:EREBUS:.
    Goldheals - Heartphillia Dragonskin - Sawr - Kasterbot
    THELANIS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast