Thread: Druid

Question Druid

I just read a post that said they are going to be adding Druids soon? Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrasch View Post
    soon
    In game development this term is usually used rather loosely.

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

Check the date on that post, they said the same thing 4 years ago.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    In game development this term is usually used rather loosely.
    I declare this "DDO Understatement of the Year"!
    Fear the Koala.
    Jial, Wyllywyl, and an ever-changing list of alts.

I just read a post that said they are going to be adding Druids soon? Is that true?
    It came up during the state of the game that we were closer to having them and there was another snag iirc that prevented them from coming out this year. We have been told they were coming since 2005, however, so keep that in mind.

I do expect to see them sometime next year based on the comments during the state of the game but that has proven to be more than subject to change over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Community Member

I've been wanting them to add druids since launch.. not to mention psionics, and re-instating bow power attack... my elven barbarian archer became a total wash when they ninja removed it... but I digress.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blyte View Post
    I've been wanting them to add druids since launch.. not to mention psionics, and re-instating bow power attack... my elven barbarian archer became a total wash when they ninja removed it... but I digress.
    Power attack was NEVER intended to work for Bows. Good luck getting them to unfix that bug.

As for Druids. Don't hold your breath.

Community Member

I would rather they not add druids.
    I would rather they not add psionics.

Instead, I would rather they finish implementing the 20+ prestige enhancement lines that are currently missing from the game. I would rather they polish the current game and add new flavor by spicing up old classes and races than jam in another new class.

However, it's a business and they focus on what people want. In general folks shout for more classes, more races, and more content. The poor folks at Turbine are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Case and point? People whine about FREE bonus experience this week...

Since 2006 it has been Soon.

"Soon" can be used also when you talk about the Roman Empire, for example

"When Commodus became emperor in AD 180, the age of the good emperors came to an end, and SOON the Roman Empire experienced far worse leadership. A century of turmoil began that caused a collapse of political institutions, a weakening of the army, and economic disaster."
    Goat, Sammich, Poultry

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by richieelias27 View Post
    Power attack was NEVER intended to work for Bows. Good luck getting them to unfix that bug.

As for Druids. Don't hold your breath.
    Where is your source declaring it as a bug, iirc it was actually listed once as a class feature, ranger only, just like bow strength used to be. This was way way back when the cap was 10.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blyte View Post
    Where is your source declaring it as a bug, iirc it was actually listed once as a class feature, ranger only, just like bow strength used to be. This was way way back when the cap was 10.
    Ah, that is a different situation. I thought you were saying Power attack working for all bows at all times. Not the specific Ranger incantation. If I recall that was just a short experiment that they then dropped for who knows why (pretty sure it wasnt there at launch?).

Drinking the One-Eared Bugbear out of ale.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatterfart View Post
    .... I would rather they finish implementing the 20+ prestige enhancement lines that are currently missing from the game. I would rather they polish the current game and add new flavor by spicing up old classes and races than jam in another new class.
    A Dr. on TV said to have inner peace we should always finish things we start & we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked around my house to find things I'd started & hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay,a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun scriptins, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now.
    Sned this to all who need inner peas. An telum u luvum.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatterfart View Post
    However, it's a business and they focus on what people want. In general folks shout for more classes, more races, and more content. The poor folks at Turbine are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    Jokes aside....
    I agree. Either way, we're all a bunch of picky buggers, and trying to please all their fanbase at once (especially the cranky ones) must be impossible.

Have some greenis.

Quote Originally Posted by stretchcore View Post
    A Dr. on TV said to have inner peace we should always finish things we start & we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked around my house to find things I'd started & hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay,a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun scriptins, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now.
    Sned this to all who need inner peas. An telum u luvum.
    You just made my day! Awesome!
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Community Member krackythehoodedone's Avatar

Hmmm is it April 1st?

That is national making idiots out of us day

Just don't do any breath holding cos ur lungs aint big enough

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by richieelias27 View Post
    Ah, that is a different situation. I thought you were saying Power attack working for all bows at all times. Not the specific Ranger incantation. If I recall that was just a short experiment that they then dropped for who knows why (pretty sure it wasnt there at launch?).
    Yes, it was short lived.

But I had jumped all over it, and had played my..

Elven ranger barb up to 7 only to get ninja nerfed

This was also back when barb critical rage worked on ranged weapons as well... He was gonna be an abomination with a silver bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodic View Post
    Since 2006 it has been Soon.
    THIS!!!

I believe the Druid is Turbine's carrot they keep dangling in front of the donkey/player to keep us here.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SaisMatters View Post
    THIS!!!

I believe the Druid is Turbine's carrot they keep dangling in front of the donkey/player to keep us here.
    Sad to say this... but it's pretty much the only reason I keep coming back... Hoping beyond hope for the impossible dream. I tried playing a cleric who wears only darkleaf breastplates and sneak/jumping next to all the tree's... but it just isnt the same.

Shhhhh baby...
    It's ok.
    You make us do this to you.
    But we still love you, you know that, right?
    Shh baby come back to me.
    Next update.
    We promise.
    Last edited by richieelias27; 09-30-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Community Member

Thread Y U No Just Post Once!
    Last edited by richieelias27; 09-30-2011 at 07:09 PM.