Thread: Death Aura

Community Member

Default Death Aura

I could have sworn Death Aura lasted longer, but I've been running CC and it seems that it's either getting debuffed (while no other debuffs are happening) or is running out faster than normal. I guess I never paid attention to the time, but extended it shows as 2:30 (maybe 2:36) I could have sworn it was in the 3 minute range.

It just seems to be running out faster than I expected each time. Am I going crazy here or there a debuff happening in CC20-CC25 or am I just having too much fun grinding away in CC, firewall after firewall and just not noticing?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    I could have sworn Death Aura lasted longer, but I've been running CC and it seems that it's either getting debuffed (while no other debuffs are happening) or is running out faster than normal. I guess I never paid attention to the time, but extended it shows as 2:30 (maybe 2:36) I could have sworn it was in the 3 minute range.

It just seems to be running out faster than I expected each time. Am I going crazy here or there a debuff happening in CC20-CC25 or am I just having too much fun grinding away in CC, firewall after firewall and just not noticing?
    its a 20 min quest, so if you count how many times you have to cast DA to see how long its lasting.

Most likely, depending on what you are doing, you are not noticing how fast time is going buy.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post

It runs on the same clock as haste so if death aura is running out and haste isn't, then you have an issue.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

My haste lasts longer than my death aura. I could have sworn they were the same before, but my DA is 2:36 I think. Did it change? Is mine low for some crazy reason? Haste is in the 3:15 extended minute range isn't it?

It might have been this way all along, but the pure mindless droning of CC grinding has just got my internal clock off. Who knows. Just seems shorter, but I guess I'm just imagining things.

At lvl 20 extended haste is 4 mins, death aura is 2 mins 48 sec.

Community Member

Death Aura does not have the same timer as haste. It's very short term and clocks in just around 3 minutes when extended. Regardless, it's worth every sp invested. Just pop it when you need it and don't worry about keeping it up 100% of the time. It'll make a huge difference in your SP longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by gerardIII View Post
    At lvl 20 extended haste is 4 mins, death aura is 2 mins 48 sec.
    Really? Sorry for the mis-info then. I could have sworn it shared a timer. Did it change at some point?
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

OK so it's just me. I know what Death Aura is, when to use it and how useful it is. My question was did it seem like it was not lasting as long as it normally does in CC and I guess post u12 for one reason or another. It must have just been me getting caught up in the grind more so than usual and not realizing it was running out in teh same time as before. Thank you