Default What to take from DQ reward as a caster?

Did my 40th DQ just now on my cleric, still hoping for a Torc. Naturally, a Torc dropped for me in the chest.

Now I have no idea what to take from Zawabi's list, which incidentally does contain a Torc.

I plan to TR through a pale master, sorc, and evocation FVS eventually.

Choices: Chaosblade, Staff of Arcane Power, Bramble-Casters, Cloak of the Zephyr, Lion-Headed Belt Buckle, Demon Scale Armor, Marilith Chain, Pouch of Jerky, Sandstorm Glasses.

Is any of that useful for a caster for twink gear or upgrading into epic?

Lion Headed Belt Buckle would be my choice, esp for a caster who doesn't mind mixing it up like a Pale Master or evoker FVS. The shaken effect rocks.

Leveling a TR, the dual +4 stats is a nice consolidator too. You want CON 6 and exceptional + 2 etc. at 20, but if you're TRing you can put that belt on when it comes available and wear it to 20.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Did my 40th DQ just now on my cleric, still hoping for a Torc. Naturally, a Torc dropped for me in the chest.

Now I have no idea what to take from Zawabi's list, which incidentally does contain a Torc.

Choices: Chaosblade, Staff of Arcane Power, Bramble-Casters, Cloak of the Zephyr, Lion-Headed Belt Buckle, Demon Scale Armor, Marilith Chain, Pouch of Jerky, Sandstorm Glasses.

Would say belt. +2 DC is nice if youre specced in wis, and grats, torc dropped for me in my 20th chest .
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rocking_Dead View Post
    It's simply a matter of catering to a larger audience.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post

Belt Buckle. and gratz Gosterfl :P

Bramble casters are pretty nice for leveling, and so is the jerky. If you ever plan to make that torc epic, Id suggest taking the second torc for TRing.

Bramble casters hands down.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inspire View Post
    If you ever plan to make that torc epic, Id suggest taking the second torc for TRing.
    This is a great suggestion. +1

I love my Torc and I love my Bramblecasters. The guard is nice, but it's the 10 DR vs. pew pew that sells it for me. I slap those on and hang out in archer-ville any time I need to get back some SP. That DR will obviously be less helpful when you're sitting at 20 on your FvS life, but you'll have a whole lot of time where you'll enjoy the DR before you get there.

And even on a FvS, there are times when that guard damage is a nice bonus to have.

If you plan to TR, the Belt Buckle is very nice. If you ever plan on making it epic, it's even nicer. I prefer the Epic Belt Buckle (slotted GFL) to any ToD belt on my Sorc (future planned lives Clonk, FvS, and potentially back to 18/2 wiz/rogue).

Bramble Casters are another excellent choice, but will not be as useful when you can keep Stoneskin on yourself, or when you have the permanent FvS DR. If you intend on staying Cleric for a while, or for levelling purposes, however, they're still a great item to have.

A second Torc if you ever intend on making one Epic, but just note that an Epic Torc isn't that much of an improvement over the non-Epic. I intend to epic my Cleric's Torc, but she's on her final life. I am not going to bother on my TR'ing caster.

Staff of Arcane Power is a convenience item, but can be a very handy one for anyone with UMD or any Arcane or Bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrn View Post
    Would say belt. +2 DC is nice if youre specced in wis, and grats, torc dropped for me in my 20th chest .
    Lol - same thing here - dropped in 20th Chest.

I took the Staff of Arcane power, only because I had pretty much everything else (Bramble Casters and Bracers being the most notable)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Belt buckle for sure. Every DC caster should be wearing this.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Belt Buckle is pretty sweet. Good slot consolidation, fear immunity, and the shaken is nice when it works. It also epics up to be extremely choice.

However, I'm also a big fan of demon scale armor, on the epic front. Best spell defense armor in the game, without anything else coming even remotely close (and evasion friendly).
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Bramble-Casters are a great way to save from taking Damage from Archers 10DR goes a long way

However, with the change to Staffs now using the higher Caster level between Item or Your Caster Level to determine DC the Staff Of Arcane Power gets a boost. Since you are planning on TRng to a Caster being able to use this item, which is effectively a Rechargable Wand with many casting choices that will grow with you as you level does make this a tasty item to be holding.

The way archers have been buffed since U11 the Bramble-Casters are looking better and better to me. Combined with the Torc that's a lot of free SP.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

congrats on your pull! I saw your LFM up last night and told the wife if we joined it I'd probablly pull the torc and then have to feel bad (I'm only on run 11 looking for one). Hope it dosen't take me til 40

I took the belt, btw. It was close with the bracers, but the belt seems more generally useful.