Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That's so weird... Seriously, PM Tolero or Cordovan directly.

Sarlona is nowhere near that.. by the time I get done with a bathroom break after a Crystal Cove, we're down to 1800 pieces remaining. We can't be more than 3000 pieces per run.

For the sake of your server, do something more direct than making a forum post. Maybe even an in-game ticket, stating you know other servers have less than a tenth of your quota.

to clear up some of the confusion: it's different # requirement for the first time a server opens the dungeon. Every other server had to do the 50,000 to start, the difference was the other servers had so many people anticipating the event that we had twice as many instances of the explorer area than wayfinder has people in the explorer area. Not to mention the other methods of getting pieces.

Quite simply, i'm bumping this so the devs notice and hopefully take pity on the wayfinders.
    ~Sarlona~
    Malpyre ~ Malyoko ~ Malsyn ~ Malyficent ~ Malkyrie ~ Malexi
    ~Orien~
    Malfyre

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

A Dev should probably log on to wayfinder and donate 40k pieces for the first unlock.
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

bump
    ~Qarnivore.of.Synergia~

So they lowered our quota to 15k now. Which took this server a full 17 hours to get to. So once a day u get a Cove. And its too bad for you, if your at work or sleeping when it opens...
    ~Qarnivore.of.Synergia~

Community Member

might as well start complaining about maban event now then.

I feel your pain, guys.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Thanks to everyone (and the dev/mod) that helped wayfinder finally get their first cove done.

15000 map parts for the second run means it will probably be 2-3 days before another run happens so congratulations all 15 or so ppl that actually got to participate!

It is doubtful with such a hill to climb that most ppl will bother grinding a second one as many are disheartened! and know that to upgrade items will generally take 5 or so runs and there will not be enough time left of the event for that to happen.

If the helpful person that lowered the map parts needed gets another chance to look at how long its taking us to get these grinds done, could they please lower the needed map parts to around 5k per run so we can get about 1 run per day!
    -Stealth RULEZ- A compilation -Favor 101- "How-to" unlock the game -Boycott the changes- combat changes stink
    You say you want your $$ back, i d g a f about the $$. I want my GAME back..

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwaters View Post
    Thanks to everyone (and the dev/mod) that helped wayfinder finally get their first cove done.

15000 map parts for the second run means it will probably be 2-3 days before another run happens so congratulations all 15 or so ppl that actually got to participate!

It is doubtful with such a hill to climb that most ppl will bother grinding a second one as many are disheartened! and know that to upgrade items will generally take 5 or so runs and there will not be enough time left of the event for that to happen.

If the helpful person that lowered the map parts needed gets another chance to look at how long its taking us to get these grinds done, could they please lower the needed map parts to around 5k per run so we can get about 1 run per day!
    /signed ...

I am soooo tired. All day trying to get these map pieces to be able to run the cove once .... I dont know if I wanna do that again.

Thanks to those that helped and participated.

Cheers

This is how I am doing it, the poor drop rate of map pieces and my crappy self healing ability has opened up a new way to get map pieces, I average about 500 per hour, if only 100 of your people do this on your server its 5000 per hour easily.

step 1) get some pirates grog (you can trade doublons for this, or just a few TP, after running CC you can sell gems for doublons to get some more grog if needed)

Step 2) Drink grog!

Step 3) Walk the butchers path, again and again and again.

A quck run through shouldnt take more then 2 mins netting about 20 - 30 map pieces

Step 4) Profit!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zebidos View Post
    I average about 500 per hour
    A quck run through shouldnt take more then 2 mins.
    Wow, there's grind. Then there is masochism. I truly wouldn't wish that on anyone :P

It's probably easier to get the stuff you need on another server then chuck everything on one toon and transfer it to Wayfinder lol!
    Sarlona: Facerollnuds(23Sor) - Bonknuds(17Clr/3Mnk) - Rushnuds(20FvS) - Tasteslike(20Sor)
    Squishynuds(13Wiz) - and 100 other mules/gimps :P
    [Solo Guild - Team Nuds] Feel free to blacklist/friend/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by NUDS View Post
    Wow, there's grind. Then there is masochism. I truly wouldn't wish that on anyone :P

It's probably easier to get the stuff you need on another server then chuck everything on one toon and transfer it to Wayfinder lol!
    Some may call it masochism, but kobold must die. period.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    <Enter German superority comment here>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIRd4lC04l8

I feel your pain. The devs should tweak the Wayfinder Cove so you guys can run it al least every hour.
    Last edited by Jiirix; 09-29-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    Clever & Smart Agent - Pure Drow Mechanic: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...arper-Mechanic
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

Thanx for those that keep supporting this thread - and fyi we HAVE been using grog and running butchers... ALL day some of us... and barely made 5k.. anyone entering the cove looks around, sees its nigh impossible and leaves.

- even on the last 1000 we couldnt get 2 full groups of 6 lvl16-20s. i think less than 20 ppl got to join the event itself.. on our whole server!!

in short we ARE grinding, and WANT to earn our way, but 15k map pieces is unrealistic.. on wayfinder it should be set WAY lower.
    -Stealth RULEZ- A compilation -Favor 101- "How-to" unlock the game -Boycott the changes- combat changes stink
    You say you want your $$ back, i d g a f about the $$. I want my GAME back..

Perhaps you should get all 20 Players to send a ticket (both in german and english). While it may be WAI, it's just an other set-back for wayfinder. Haltet die Ohren steif
    Clever & Smart Agent - Pure Drow Mechanic: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...arper-Mechanic
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zebidos View Post
    if only 100 of your people do this on your server
    lol wayfinder only has 100 people total

Devs, do something. There are koblolds dieing in Wayfinder's Crystal Cove. Let the heros in!

Community Member

This was a problem mentioned during the last cove event, except in a different way. Those of us who play in non-peak times had much more grind to do open the cove during those hours. They should have seen this coming on wayfinder with how the turn-ins work.

There should be a maximum time-frame for the event to open on itself, but during peak-times it should be possible to open quicker with turn ins. Atleast wayfinder and those don't play at peak times can still have fun w/o hours of grinding each time.

Quote Originally Posted by FastTaco View Post
    This was a problem mentioned during the last cove event, except in a different way. Those of us who play in non-peak times had much more grind to do open the cove during those hours. They should have seen this coming on wayfinder with how the turn-ins work.

There should be a maximum time-frame for the event to open on itself, but during peak-times it should be possible to open quicker with turn ins. Atleast wayfinder and those don't play at peak times can still have fun w/o hours of grinding each time.
    Yep, open it every hour (or two) regardless how many turns ins wayfinder has.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast