Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mission Impossible: Crystal Cove!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get 50k treasure map pieces to open the Crystal Cove.

Wayfinder is a very sparsely populated server. At this point, 3:30pm EST, we have been able to accumulate 2,243 map pieces in the 6 hours or so the event has been open. I currently see 13, of the 180 total, online members in Smuggler's Run. At this rate, itll take about 6 days for the Crystal Cove to open, here on Wayfinder.

My guildmates and I saw this coming when we entered the event when it 1st launched some 9 days ago. But given the severity of the problem the bugs presented, we didnt think it would be wise to post as devs were frantically looking to fix said issues. But now we are in the clear(for now), so i though we could now draw some attention to this.

Honestly, Wayfinder may never see the inside of the Crystal Cove, as it stands right now. So if we can get a little help here devs, we would be so very appreciative.

Thanks in advance...
    ~Qarnivore.of.Synergia~

Makes sense. If keying the amount of map pieces required to the server population is too much (or too revealing of Turbine's population figures ), then just reducing the Wayfinder requirement to like 1k sounds reasonable.
    Fear the Koala.
    Jial, Wyllywyl, and an ever-changing list of alts.

bump
    ~Qarnivore.of.Synergia~

Community Member

bump

Please contact the Walmart hotline if you are unable to receive your Crystal Cove Epics.
    Feel free to contradict yourself!

<Enter German superority comment here>

.. have fun boys!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by claydogg73 View Post
    I currently see 13, of the 180 total, online members in Smuggler's Run.
    Um, did you know that Smuggler's Rest isn't where you go for map pieces to unlock Crystal Cove?

You only stay in on the pirate island long enough to get a compass and a grog... then head elsewhere.

Ya, not sure i fully understand what your trying to say. The point im making is: at this rate, this server wont see the Crystal cove doors opening for many days.
    ~Qarnivore.of.Synergia~

Community Member

Ya, not sure i fully understand what your trying to say.
    The right way to open the Crystal Cove door is to drink a grog and fight kobolds/goblins in low-level dungeons such as Butcher's Path.
    The wrong way to open the Crystal Cove door is to run around the pirate island killing minotaur pirates.

If you do it the wrong way, the progress is slower than if you were doing it right.

Grog + Kobold Assault is a fast easy way to aquire map pieces.
    Ghallanda - Kydara, Duplolas, Maullie, Mechandolf, Steelca Jones

actually, Butcher's Path is the best: 100 kobolds guaranteed for your killing as fast as you can run through. Netted me ~50 pieces in 4min.

Default Increase the drop rate

Ya, not sure i fully understand what your trying to say. The point im making is: at this rate, this server wont see the Crystal cove doors opening for many days.
    The drop rate for map pieces on the pirate island is very low; therefore, it takes a tremendously long time to meet the quota, as you have realized. I think the point that Angelus is making is that there are other places where the drop rate is much higher. For example, you might try the Butcher's Path in the Harbor.

Of course, if Wayfinder doesn't have many people playing on it, you will probably never get the 50k that is needed.

Bedauert, aber mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Ya im not trying to get an increase in the drop rate, trying to get a decrease in the quota. If your on Wayfinder and u come to talk to Euphonia, and you see 47,199 left...its draining. You almost wanna say whats the point? And this needle is moving very slowly. I understand all the get more map pieces from outside quest, but it still begs the question. How long will it take to open doors to this event at this rate? Very long, far as i can see...B
    ~Qarnivore.of.Synergia~

Community Member

The quota being that high is impossible for a small population server there for it needs to be dropped so then people on this server can get upgrades and gear aswell. Otherwise there is really no point in going into crystal cove in my books. if the quota goes down lower for wayfinder they will have a chance to go and get upgrades on gear for their toons
    Last edited by Multivitamin; 09-28-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

/signed .... 50,000 pieces to open the cove once will not work on Wayfinder. Please adjust the numbers here and help a small population out.

Have you submitted a bug report? That may get it to someone's attention that could do something about it.

Never had any luck getting timely responses to a bug report. Though this would be more effective route. As a matter of fact, i posted a bug report some 10 days ago regarding something else, and just today got my response(btw no actual action on said report, just a letter stating its been read...lol). So im not very bullish on bug report atm.
    ~Qarnivore.of.Synergia~

50,000 map pieces? Wasn't it like 5,000 map pieces, and that has been dropped to 3,000? Or am I thinking of something else? I had an hour this morning after the servers came back up, and that was enough time to farm a bunch of map pieces so I could contribute, then jump into the event one time and do some farming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heronous View Post
    The clam can not be ransacked.

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

It's always been 50,000 map pieces to open the cove for 1 hour. But this is an insane number for WAYFINDER with the population we got herte. There are just not enough people on this server to collect that many map pieces to open it.

We might get lucky and manage to open it up once or twice in the next week or 10 days ... and that can't be it.

Update: 12 hours in and we have 44,883 to go for our FIRST event on wayfinder -

Please devs have a heart!!!!!!!!

5000 pieces is much more reasonable for this server - 2 hours in the cove event per day!
    -Stealth RULEZ- A compilation -Favor 101- "How-to" unlock the game -Boycott the changes- combat changes stink
    You say you want your $$ back, i d g a f about the $$. I want my GAME back..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast