Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

i love BTA gear, my toons do too, many a female elf are happy to hear this ^_^

Community Member mikesharpshooter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    HEre's my vote for keeping things BTA. Thanks very much!
    +1
    all bta
    some of us have real life too

Community Member

You've got a good thing going, don't mess with it. Making them BTC will just mean less people available for actual misisons making this event annoying sometimes and people getting burned out because they ran the quest 400 times.

Exclamation Ain't Broke; Don't Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    You are correct in that the bound state of items in Crystal Cove is currently the same as it was when the event was released earlier this year, and remains Bound to Account when upgraded. We are continuing to discuss this, but for now the items are Bound to Account.
    Honestly, what is there to discuss? Your PLAYERS are quite happy with the situation as is: nice twink gear you can get without too much grind. Why do you insist on continually ‘fixing’ things that are not broke? Especially when there is plenty of broke that you should be fixing – like the 10 day delay on the event without an extension.

Frankly the constant flip-flop really undermines your competency. If you really wanted to fix them, the onus was on your to tell us that they were not WAI when it initially went live; you choose not to. Now live with that decision and move onto something that actually is broken.

Question

Its great that items remain still BTA, i bought shared bank just because of CC, i had no real reason to buy it besides that.
    Worse case scenario items could become BTC only after a cristal is sloted to them, or did i read that already..

Community Member arctic.vampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    You are correct in that the bound state of items in Crystal Cove is currently the same as it was when the event was released earlier this year, and remains Bound to Account when upgraded. We are continuing to discuss this, but for now the items are Bound to Account.

Can it be changed where the hats are BTA also instead of being BTC ?

Thumbs up Thanks!

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the CC items being bound to account. I have...aherm....quite a few characters. Even BTA, trying to find the time to organize, prioritize and grind out the items I want makes my brain melt a little, but it's all in good fun. BTC? Beyond making a couple items, it really wouldn't be worth the conniptions, even though I love the event.

As an example, during Mabar, I ran around and had plenty of fun but I only made a handful of items because they're BTC. I gave away quite a few motes, then squirreled away the rest. Now I have a BTC cloak on what has become a bank mule with about a dozen characters made after the event that could have used it during leveling. I even grudgingly vendored an outgrown item for the space.

Versus the last iteration of Crystal Cove; I made I don't know how many items of all levels which have seen a whole lot of use on multiple characters. I spent more time than I'd intended and a whole lot of TP on things like bank space, compasses (for those desperate moments), hat dyes and a couple BTA leveling hats for any new characters. And I had a blast the whole time.

I guess I just can't see a good reason for the items to be BTC, especially at lower levels. BTC particularly punishes those of us who...er...are enamored of the character customization possibilities...and affects my future purchasing decisions, like buying space versus just making space. If there's really a logical reason that BTC is better for the game and you guys decide to go that way, well, I'll sigh and live with it but I'm not sure what it could be.

Signed,
    An Altoholic
    ~~~~{Rampant Altoholic based in Cannith and multiplying...}~~~~

~~~~{Former UI skin author of Cosmos, currently waiting for a new art asset release}~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by FeralKittie View Post
    Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the CC items being bound to account. I have...aherm....quite a few characters. Even BTA, trying to find the time to organize, prioritize and grind out the items I want makes my brain melt a little, but it's all in good fun. BTC? Beyond making a couple items, it really wouldn't be worth the conniptions, even though I love the event.

As an example, during Mabar, I ran around and had plenty of fun but I only made a handful of items because they're BTC. I gave away quite a few motes, then squirreled away the rest. Now I have a BTC cloak on what has become a bank mule with about a dozen characters made after the event that could have used it during leveling. I even grudgingly vendored an outgrown item for the space.

Versus the last iteration of Crystal Cove; I made I don't know how many items of all levels which have seen a whole lot of use on multiple characters. I spent more time than I'd intended and a whole lot of TP on things like bank space, compasses (for those desperate moments), hat dyes and a couple BTA leveling hats for any new characters. And I had a blast the whole time.

I guess I just can't see a good reason for the items to be BTC, especially at lower levels. BTC particularly punishes those of us who...er...are enamored of the character customization possibilities...and affects my future purchasing decisions, like buying space versus just making space. If there's really a logical reason that BTC is better for the game and you guys decide to go that way, well, I'll sigh and live with it but I'm not sure what it could be.

Signed,
    An Altoholic
    Well stated, couldn't agree more. And +1 - would give +10 if I could.

Sirgleno
    Dystopia Starchucker
    Castaspella Practiced Spellcaster
    Ought Machinist

BtA is a great thing.
    I already spend 2 days lurking arround CC and have alot of fun.
    I'll still get atleast 3 of those rings just because i dont want to kick it through the Bank every day but i dont feel forced to make several rings.
    If idont feel forced i have much more fun.
    I'd probably avoid the event completely if i HAD to grind it for every character of mine (8...guilty of beeing an altaholic). <.<

You see.. you dont need to force us into grind... look at all the happy players grinding hours on those pirates even with BtA stuffz. If you start to use THE FORCE! ill go get to my RL and sulk. :P

Thumbs up Throwing in my 2 doubloons...

Keep them BtA. I'm having fun making items for my other toons. I'd never be able to do this for each toon I run. I wish all named items were BtA - like Amrath drops. BtC makes it impossible for me to share equips that may drop for one toon with a toon that could use it.

As for sharing with others in the quest - I often do this even when my alts could use the item.
    My 3rd Life Monk, 2nd Life Monk builds. My pre-MoTU Light Monk build.
    Other Monks: Martens, TeenyTiny, Metaru, Rockan, Horcrux.
    My old Intimitank Build. 3rd life and haven't updated.

Only way there should be any BTC is if you have a tier 3 Epic item, and slot it with a an augment crystal. Then, and only then, should the items be BTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by FeralKittie View Post

*snip*

Signed,
    An Altoholic
    I have 11 alts on one server, equipping them with BTC stuff would boggle the mind and really would not be worth it. So +1 for fairly adequately describing how I feel about the situation.

To the devs and the marketing team, BTA sells shared bank.... BTA sells extra shared bank space. BTA helps sell character slots (in that if more were BTC I just wouldn't feel the desire to roll new alts; my time being thinly spread between the ones I have already.) BTA helps sell VIP because they have instant access to Shared Bank. I know I'm not saying anything you don't already know but sometimes it feels like you've forgotten about it.

Anyways, Thanks for leaving things BTA, even if just for the time being.
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

I have 12 alts. The BtA status of Cove items is wonderful.

BtC versions at 4,8,12,16 and 20 for each character would totally overflow my bank space, of which I have maximized. Seriously, all of my toons have at least 1 if not 2 purchased bank slots and my shared space is maxed.

The idea of having to keep 5 copies of each item I want on each toon for future TRing is just discouraging.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123