Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Crystal Cove Items Listed as BTA after upgrade.

So I just made a fresh pair of tier 1 epic brawlers, Than proceeded to upgrade them to tier 2, and the item description still lists it as BTA. I don't have shared bank to test out if it is btc and the info on the tooltip is wrong.

I know it was stated that items being upgraded through the barter box were gonna become bound to character this time around. That change? Anyone with shared banks able to check it out? Cause if its back to being account bound my crystal cove excitement just went up 100 fold.

You are correct in that the bound state of items in Crystal Cove is currently the same as it was when the event was released earlier this year, and remains Bound to Account when upgraded. We are continuing to discuss this, but for now the items are Bound to Account.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

I certainly hope you leave them BtA, especially the lower level items. It would be nice if the level 20 epic items remained BtA too, but definitely the lower level stuff should stay BtA if possible.
    Last edited by Thrudh; 09-28-2011 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are continuing to discuss this, but for now the items are Bound to Account.
    You should discuss that your proposed changes, should only apply to items with min level 20.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 09-28-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Community Member

Default Thank you!

You are correct in that the bound state of items in Crystal Cove is currently the same as it was when the event was released earlier this year, and remains Bound to Account when upgraded. We are continuing to discuss this, but for now the items are Bound to Account.
    Wow, thank you!

I was feeling pretty bitter about that decision and hadn't planned to even log in tonight. Cordovan, you made my day!
    I'm only an occasional player since ShadowFell, please forgive me if I'm not up to speed on anything that's changed since then.

Community Member

TY for listening to the threads and discussing the changes.

I would agree that the epic items need to be bound but would good if the rest of the are unbound that would be awesome.

Please make the mabar items the same... epics bound everything else unbound

Please Please Please

Perhaps this change contributed to the bugged nature of the recent release?

More likely they just had to back out all changes as the fastest way to get back to stable code.

In any event, viva la BTA!

J

That's good that you have not changed it yet. However, having a very short time window to farm for stuff since it might change next time around makes me really happy that I am on vacation starting tommorrow. I can not say how boring nonstop runs of CC is.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Much appreciated. To be clear, I have absolutely no problem with epic items being BTC, minimal concern with lvl20 cove items BTC, but ...major teeth grinding irritation with 4th-16th lvl items being BTC. Thank you for listening to the community and giving further thought and discussion to this issue.
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cordovan View Post
    you Are Correct In That The Bound State Of Items In Crystal Cove Is Currently The Same As It Was When The Event Was Released Earlier This Year, And Remains Bound To Account When Upgraded. We Are Continuing To Discuss This, But For Now The Items Are Bound To Account.
    Yay!!!

Thanks!

However, if I decide to upgrade something now, will it be chnaged to BTC if/when you change your minds?
    Fear the Koala.
    Jial, Wyllywyl, and an ever-changing list of alts.

Argonessenn -Officer of Storm Shadow-
    Olen Anteres

Great news! Thanks for letting us know.

Thank you!
    Dontbleed----Velvetelvis----Bleedout----Whatsina
    Synergia
    Argo

Yea on BTA!

But, if you guys do decide to go BTC, give us a week notice with another 2 day followed by 1 day notice that they will go to BTC. If you guys decide on BTC w/out much warning, many will be upset.

Again thanks for the Cove & fun event times, even if slightly harder... i still find it a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That ship has sailed, came back, sailed again, got raided by pirates, became a pirate ship, got cursed to chase after the Flying Dutchman for three centuries, got exorcised to fight in the American Civil War, then got modernized to fight in both World Wars, participated in the D-Day landing and is a decommissioned museum/restaurant now in Key West, Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

Community Member
    crafting shard lookup: http://www.eth0s.com/cannith/

Bound to character SUCKS, stop doing it. Really everything should be bound to account, including raid completions.

BTC=grind

Community Member

One of the things that made the Cove items superior to the Mabar items was that they were BTA.*

* for those wondering what the other things that made the Cove items superior: diversity of items and lack of Epic Tokens needed.

.... ROFL.

This is probably another bug. Good luck upgrading though!
    I am a lost wandering soul

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999
    Can the monkies who program this game get anything write?

Community Member

Oh, thank god. Time to make some more trinkets I can pass to my new alts... I only had time to complete one Stalwart last time.
    "How can you stun someone vs. Fortitude?"
    "...Punch them in the head?"
    "Oh... right."

Community Member

Thanks this is much appreciated by everyone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast