Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Add Adamantine Ore to Other Quests

Not overpowered.

Just add some random drops of adamantine ore to other quests as a collectible, like replace some of the Coalescence gems with ore. Wouldn't it be nice to get something useful out of that quest instead of low-plat gems?

Well... It makes the grind for ore less boring, and since i'm against boring things (to me ) then...

/signed!

Roberin (TR1 H-Elf Mnk8/Ftr12) - Lawnmoweird (TR4 Hum Mnk 20*) - Brokarg (TR1 Human 16brd/2ftr/2rog) - Lawnmowerman (TR1 H-Elf Mnk2/Ftr18*) Aibhilin (TR1 Human Wiz PM20) Lawnmowiper (WF Art 20) - Selanin (Drow 2mnk/12pal/6ftr) Elissea (H-Elf Rog 20*) * In progress

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    Not overpowered.

Just add some random drops of adamantine ore to other quests as a collectible, like replace some of the Coalescence gems with ore. Wouldn't it be nice to get something useful out of that quest instead of low-plat gems?
    /signed only because I really hate that quest.
    Coldflame | Toord and many horrible experiments.
    True Join Date: Circa mid 2007. Still a noob. My simple forum rules: http://pastebin.com/ftE2V1GG

Yea, I was thinking about this the other day. I'd like more ore, and am not excited by the prospect of grinding out relic for it.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Relic is a 10 min (at most) run, and the ore will never ransack. Of course that's just farming the quest for the ore only.

I think of all the places to add it, it should be in Ataraxia. You have the Duergar there, would be nice to see something other than another friggin lump of coal.

/signed
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Good suggestion. Having but a single source for the ore is not realistic. One would think that Ataraxia's Haven would be loaded with the stuff given the number of Dwarfs running about and that deep mineshaft everyone loves to explore. That may even be a reason to go there. Aside from taking the waters, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    I think of all the places to add it, it should be in Ataraxia. You have the Duergar there, would be nice to see something other than another friggin lump of coal.
    Awww. You beat me by a minute!
    Last edited by sebastianosmith; 09-28-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Community Member

/signed

i think it should be a random drop collectable from any slain duergar, but maybe just a 5% or 10% drop chance. i dont understand at all why they still only have the ore drop in 1 quest in the entire game.

Another thread discussing this already mentioned that Vault of Night (the raid portion) would be really cool if it dropped 1d3 per person in the end chest.

/signed.. all tho its a rare metal .....
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    /signed.. all tho its a rare metal .....
    So is the Blood of Dragons. Rare, that is, not a metal. But you can get it from more than one quest :P Or Large Devils Scales. Or Demon's Blood.. you get my picture.

/signed

I think that all crafting materials should be on the normal loot tables as part of the essense drops. I also think that metal types should be able to be deconned for their 'ore' if it exists in game.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    /signed

It's logical. Make adamantine ore drop in Ataraxia, and wherever there are duergar. Made to Order, Lord of Stone, etc.

A lot of people seem to hate Relic of Sovereign Past, which I find surprising. I think it is a hoot. If Turbine adds adamantine ore to Chamber of Coalescence, I will still farm it from Relic.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

All duergar in the game already do have a small chance to drop adamantine ore. (Or gems, or lumps of coal.)

Community Member

I was going to suggest having the duergar drop Adamantine Ore also, since they currently drop coal (which is useless 99% of the time during the game). Nice to see that it does...must be really really rare.

I'd also include a chance of the ore dropping from certain Earth Elementals.

To me, Undermine and Lord of Stone seem like two quests that should have a chance of Adamantine Ore dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    All duergar in the game already do have a small chance to drop adamantine ore. (Or gems, or lumps of coal.)
    Really? I see lots of lumps of coal from them, but never noticed anything else. Will have to pay more attention next time.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Really? I see lots of lumps of coal from them, but never noticed anything else. Will have to pay more attention next time.
    I've noticed the occasional gem. But it's pretty rare for the gems to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Is it possible the drop rate is to low, or otherwise not functioning correctly?

Seen a few gems drop from Duergar, but not very often, never seen Adamantine Ore drop.

Is there some other place that you can use the ore to craft? To my knowledge there isn't. When I need the ore, I go run the quest and have the dwarf craft what I need. You have to go there anyway, right?
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Community Member

Easy dev idea: You know how coal drops from Duegar? Let them drop iron ore once in a while as well! How cool?

Edit: Wait, it does this already? Why haven't I seen this ever? Let's increase the rate then!
    Last edited by countfitz; 09-28-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast