Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    All duergar in the game already do have a small chance to drop adamantine ore. (Or gems, or lumps of coal.)
    I've gotten ore from them before, so knew this was correct. But when you say "small" you mean infinitesimal.

Its easily less than 1%, given that when doing ore runs you can easily kill 100 of them several times in a row, repeatedly, and never get ore. Same in Ataraxia, its easy to go through a ton of them in a short time frame and see nothing.

I would suggest double checking its 'as intended' (ie, someone didnt mean to make it 1% and typo'd 0.1%, or what not).

I would also suggest lowering the amount needed in crafting greater construct bane to 45. Why? Because having to do three runs for one item is close enough; having to go back to do a 4th just for part of the ore since 50 was a round number but it comes in groups of 15 is kind of irritating. Throw us a bone please! Its plenty of runs either way, I see lava and mine tracks in my dreams... and Temple of Doom wasn't on tv last night either...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bbqzor View Post
    I would also suggest lowering the amount needed in crafting greater construct bane to 45.
    Ok. You answered my question. It can be used in Cannith crafting.

So then I would agree that it should drop elsewhere.

Learn something every day.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    Ok. You answered my question. It can be used in Cannith crafting.

So then I would agree that it should drop elsewhere.

Learn something every day.
    Its also used in eldritch rituals with the stone of change to add hardness and durability to any item.

Vordax

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    Is there some other place that you can use the ore to craft? To my knowledge there isn't. When I need the ore, I go run the quest and have the dwarf craft what I need. You have to go there anyway, right?
    Erm, adamantine rituals in the stone of change? Construct bane shards in cannith crafting?
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

Toons: Weirdly || Inbound || Samma || Ocular || Annoyed || Stinkpelt of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

All duergar in the game already do have a small chance to drop adamantine ore. (Or gems, or lumps of coal.)
    I've only ever seen coal myself.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    I was going to suggest having the duergar drop Adamantine Ore also, since they currently drop coal (which is useless 99% of the time during the game). Nice to see that it does...must be really really rare.
    Not all that rare or I was incredibly lucky.

I've mostly gotten coal from duergar. I've gotten a gem once, though it seems to take longer to appear than collectable bags. The first time I went into Ataraxia's after the change I didn't see it drop and when I looped back around, I thought, "Where did this coal come from?"

I think increasing the drop rate a tad is a good idea, but also consider occasional chest and breakable drops in Sovereign, Reclamation and Undermine. With the numbers required for the new Cannith recipes, it would be good to have other reliable sources than doing solo ore runs in LoaSP.

It's easy to farm in relic. I see no need to add it anywhere else.
    Omnipresence, Ghallanda
    Trellon // Trelala

Quote Originally Posted by sheepface View Post
    It's easy to farm in relic. I see no need to add it anywhere else.
    Having something farmable from a lower level quest when you want it at higher levels is fine as long as you have some place to farm it that is level appropriate also.

Greater construct bane weapons are not being made only by mid level characters after all.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

/signed I wish they would rework the collectable system more anyway but the adamantine does annoy me
    -Proud driver of Cheffie,Cheffel,Cheffr,Cheoff,Chefb,Chefo and well you get it toons named chef on Kyber -
    The Unofficial Official Hoarder of Kyber "Im not full I just have not grabbed that heroic deeds yet because I need to organize my backpack for it"

Community Member

I've had adamantine ore drop from a killed duerger twice. Once in the Ataraxia wilderness, and once in Relic of a Sovereign Past (I collected 16 ore on the run).

Considering how many duerger I've killed, the drop rate is pretty low ...

Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    Erm, adamantine rituals in the stone of change? Construct bane shards in cannith crafting?
    Read my second post.

And if you would have noticed, I actually asked where else it was use as I didn't know since I don't craft other than GS.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    Another thread discussing this already mentioned that Vault of Night (the raid portion) would be really cool if it dropped 1d3 per person in the end chest.
    Yeah I suggested a little while back that VON5 elite be given an end chest with 1 addy ore per player (and 2x lvl14 loot), and VON5 Epic be given 1d4 addy ore per player. 100% drop rate for both.

Kundarak dwarves love to mine, and where else would they store their adamantine ore - one of the most precious ores - but in the Vault of Night?
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Yeah I suggested a little while back that VON5 elite be given an end chest with 1 addy ore per player (and 2x lvl14 loot), and VON5 Epic be given 1d4 addy ore per player. 100% drop rate for both.

Kundarak dwarves love to mine, and where else would they store their adamantine ore - one of the most precious ores - but in the Vault of Night?
    I agree entirely - call it "leftovers" from the Sword of Shadow or whatever.

Actually, Adamantine Ore is one of the materials that is typically found in the deepest underground passages...those that are referred to as "the Depths of Khyber".

Adamantine Ore and Khyber Dragonshards ought to be most prevalent in "The Lord of Stone" quest in the Twelve. Down where the Daelkyr lurk, such rare minerals are almost commonplace.
    Give a man a fish, and he demands two more tomorrow.
    Teach a man to fish, and he'll leave to find somebody who'll just give him a fish.
    Beat him unconscious with the fish, and it's comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Entelech View Post
    Actually, Adamantine Ore is one of the materials that is typically found in the deepest underground passages...those that are referred to as "the Depths of Khyber".

Adamantine Ore and Khyber Dragonshards ought to be most prevalent in "The Lord of Stone" quest in the Twelve. Down where the Daelkyr lurk, such rare minerals are almost commonplace.
    That makes sense too.

Basically, having it in more places = good.

Black Anvil Mines is a great quest when run at level 12 or so. Soloing it at 20 to get ore? /vomit.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqzor View Post
    I've gotten ore from them before, so knew this was correct. But when you say "small" you mean infinitesimal.
    Yup. I've recently farmed the quest for 195 adamantine ore and never got any ore from a kill.

I suppose by chance to drop, we meant an actual measurable chance and not a quantum fluctuation.

Never seen gems or ore - just coal.

Gems feel about a rate of 2-3%, at the very most 5%. Ore I've never seen in thousands of Duergar kills since the update that added the mining drops. I know some people have gotten lucky, but of course some people have gotten a Shard of the Ring of Spell Storing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    I suppose by chance to drop, we meant an actual measurable chance and not a quantum fluctuation.
    If my sig had room, this would be in it
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast