Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default adq2 solo epic, no pots, post u11, first try again

Well, this was pretty sweet. In another thread, a certain poster commented about how this would be impossible now with the wings nerf. obviously that person was wrong, and it was actually trivial still. she has a lot more hp now, but that doesnt matter, just makes it take longer. wings nerf was somewhat annoying during the part where i have to kite efreets thru bbs, but didnt really matter, as 707 hp is a lot for this raid.
    i got telekinesis'd four times during the opening part where she's on the ledge, but i winged back on all four times.
    and wings was not used at all during war.
    a tribe called zerg, cannith: healings, oozesniffer, krushinator, oxidize, kwanzaabot, eltonjohnbot
    Solo: tod normal, vod elite, adq2 epic, vod normal at level 18. all with no pots.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344390 my build

Nice one!

[Unplanned|Unintended|Unequipped].Revenants.Khyber

Default Hey Healings...

This is just an awesome. My Fvs is just so gimp compered to this. Would you mins sharing how you build your too+n.

Grats, glad I inspired you (and unplanned)

Quote Originally Posted by samdsherman View Post
    trivial still
    if soloing epic raids is/was trivial for fvs.. Maybe wings aren't the main reason.

*cough* divine punishment is crazy overpowered *cough*

Now here's my new statement for you to try to proove wrong:
    It would be impossible to do it without divine punishment.

Just SS at the end with your spell page up.

So good to see the fortification changes from U11 are keeping the casters in check . . . oh wait . . .

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    So good to see the fortification changes from U11 are keeping the casters in check . . . oh wait . . .

Congrats.
    yea lol.. Melee MUST rely on fvs to lower fortifcation.. But what does a fvs need with melee? clearly nothing in this raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    yea lol.. Melee MUST rely on fvs to lower fortifcation.. But what does a fvs need with melee? clearly nothing in this raid.
    We need melees so my clerics can chug pots trying deperately in vain to keep their worthless sub-500 ****-DPS areses alive only to have the quicken-bug kick in and kill us all not that I'm in any way bitter about that bug . . .

Next time I'll just grab 11 other divines and shield-block.

Community Member

Grats, glad I inspired you (and unplanned)

if soloing epic raids is/was trivial for fvs.. Maybe wings aren't the main reason.

*cough* divine punishment is crazy overpowered *cough*

Now here's my new statement for you to try to proove wrong:
    It would be impossible to do it without divine punishment.

Just SS at the end with your spell page up.
    Take a look at his spell point pool at those screenshots. It's almost full.

Taking away divine punishment wouldn't make the harder for this build, it would only make it take longer.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

But what does a fvs need with melee?
    Melee provide one more raid loot drop opportunity--which the fvs can perhaps roll on. And if they are very obedient, the melee may also provide a source of temporary inventory storage space for an over-taxed loot-rich fvs. Lastly, to give an otherwise bored fvs something additional to do, the melee might provide a healing target if the fvs is so inclined.
    INFERUS SUS Sorcs (Socky, Sockie, Socklin), Rogues (Sockpuppet, Sockum), Clerics (Sockington, Sockase), FVS (Sockle), Intim (Tubesocks), Bards (Sockdolenger, Sockish), Rangers (Sockin, Sockel), Wizzy (Sockut), Kensai (Sockt), Monk (Sockfist), Arty (Sockficer, Sockcraft)

Id like to know DR breakdown for what you got on melee hits / ranged hits when blocking

can lift mine to 37/25(22 maybe cant recall was it with div power or not)

also, nice job
    leader of Stijene
    Sarlona - Brko - Kalopsia - Gataka - Gms

Community Member

I would not try this without divine punishment because it would take a reaaaaaaally long time, but kmnh is right, its still doable by spamming searing light, nimbus of light, and cometfall (only cometfall would work during war).
    divine punishment is very op, obviously, but its main purpose is speeding up encounters. the only encounter i've tried so far where i couldnt just replace it with searing light and many hours of boring nonsense is nythirios, and maybe shroud part 2, though that can probably be done with melee with a good pull.
    my dr is as follows:
    10 fvs
    15 levik's
    6 cavalry plate
    N blocking (dunno how that works but i was too lazy to use divine power)
    M 2x conc opp (dunno proc rate)

melees are actually fine still, they speed up the quests, but the problem is they could just be a fvs instead and it would be even better.
    Last edited by samdsherman; 09-29-2011 at 05:22 AM.
    a tribe called zerg, cannith: healings, oozesniffer, krushinator, oxidize, kwanzaabot, eltonjohnbot
    Solo: tod normal, vod elite, adq2 epic, vod normal at level 18. all with no pots.

Gratz

Now that someone proved that wings weren't a problem, what are they going to nerf next?

I would pay attention sam, maybe they'll just ban you next time
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Community Member

build posted in spell caster forum

also i don't think they actually need to nerf this. the right way to fix the game would be increase melee dps by a lot, but leave fvs the way they are. that way when a melee joins the party it might be worth paying attention and healing them instead of just booting them for a fvs that does the same dps while healing self/heavily multiboxing.
    also i havent bought the new pack yet but im told it's impossible to solo due to some dumb stuff, like a guy thats immune to blade barrier and divine punishment. that is a way to nerf this also, but i dont think its the right way. imo the fact that i can solo raids instead of getting bored with the game is awesome, and im going to try to solo the new raids as well, but if its just blatantly impossible i think thats really dumb, especially since me soloing raids doesnt really hurt anyone else or help me, its just for fun.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    Now that someone proved that wings weren't a problem, what are they going to nerf next?
    Just remove their silly overpowered ability to heal barbarians, and then we'll be able to get along on friendly terms again.*

OP, awesome and inspiring achievement.

*: Once we run out of barbarians.

Max Gratz on a nice achievement!
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by pHo3nix View Post
    This is Turbine, they'll just raise the mob to-hits and Fortification

Holy cr*p. Gratz!

One question - How the heck did you end up with an almost full SP bar? Just from Torc/Conc. Opp. procs?? I've not played a FvS before, so I assume you have enough HP/DR to survive her melee?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    Holy cr*p. Gratz!

One question - How the heck did you end up with an almost full SP bar? Just from Torc/Conc. Opp. procs?? I've not played a FvS before, so I assume you have enough HP/DR to survive her melee?
    She swings crazy fast so you usually have loads of opportunities to proc your conc-op. On top of that i suspect he's just turtling, keeping the DP stacked and i suspect using free capstone heal to top of his HP. IE/ not a lot of SP spending

Community Member

Nice work Ooze .
    Last edited by Darknark; 09-29-2011 at 04:04 PM.
    Gordy - A Tribe Called Zerg - Cannith
    Agordmil - Agordmils - Byoh - Crocodylia - Schrödingers - MooseAlert - Zufallig - Mooselicker
    Solo ToD (Arcane) no pots & My build

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    Holy cr*p. Gratz!

Fairly easy in that raid actually with all the archers and the queens attack. Shield blocking and divine punishment are most definitely the way to solo most raids.. like i said when wings were nerfed....its not the wings that are a problem here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast