Community Member

Default Trinket for lvl 11 pale master ?

Just got to lvl 11 on my pale master, and now I can use greater false life items. This means my current trinket (Dusk Heart) is outdated, since it only gives +20 hp and the blur effect does not stack with the blur spell.

So, anyone has an idea of a good trinket (up to lvl 11) I can try to find/buy?

Tier 3 upgrade crystal cove caster trinket gives spell points, +1 to necro DC, and +1 to enchanment DC

Community Member

Voice of the Master (+5%XP, +1 skills, +1 saves) is pretty good.

From Delera's.

Geoff.

At level 11 you can't beat the greater cunning trinket from Crystal Cove.

That greater cunning trinket is probably better, but I used a Pearl of Power X at that level.

Community Member

Voice of the master is good for the extra xp.

Kaelth's touch is the best you can get, 5 points of passive DR is hard to beat, and the undead guard is situationally useful. But you will have a hard time finding a group to run necropolis 3. Maybe you can buy the scarabs? Ask around for it, or try your server's marketplace forum.

Bloodrage Symbiont is almost as good as kaelth's, you can farm it from Haywire Foundry, but... it's a pain to farm, and you won't be wearing it at endgame. If youdo farm it, do the adamantine ritual on it ASAP.

The stalwart trinket from crystal cove has 10 HP that stacks with with everything else and a very useful stoneskin proc. It's better than the cunning one, IMO.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

The 50 SP from the Greater Cunning trinket stacks with other sources of SP, gives you Necromancy and Enchantment focus and efficient Maximize, reducing the XP cost for Maximize by 2.

You can carry a scepter of the Magi when you enter the quest for the extra 100 SP, go into form/buff, then switch to spell pen or whatever you normally carry. The scepter basically covers the cost of going into form while the trinket gives you 50 SP on top of that.

If you wear a pearl of power X (which is what I used before the Cove) you only get the 100 sp which is quickly used up and doesn't help with anything else.

The Stalwart trinket is nice for the stacking HP but you really don't need the stoneskin effect since you can cast it yourself. (And unless built for melee, you should be avoiding getting hit as much as possible anyway.) There are other false life items at that level that can give you HP- you can find of craft a health belt of false life. At 11 you can also get the Minos Legens from the Orchard for 20 tapestries which gives you stacking HP.
    Last edited by Galeria; 09-28-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Since the Voice of the Master's experience bonus works on optionals and explorer area experience, I tend to have it equipped at almost all times. The alternative is the Mantle of the Worldshaper for the experience boost, but the Mantle has a bugged reaction to Death Aura.

The Cunning Trinket is great, and the Stalwart Trinket good. Cove starts today, so it may be a good idea to make one. Just note that they are not end game gear, but are excellent levelling items.

Kaelth's Touch is less useful to an arcane due to being able to cast Stoneskin themselves. Kaelth's thus will only help against a small selection of mobs with Adamantine weapons (Stormreaver, some Duergar). Scarab's are unbound, so they can be bought or traded.

Pearl of Power is a trinket you would usually only equip before you shrine or when you enter a quest. Due to the higher cost of the trinket, you may want to just go with a random drop <weapon> of the Magi to get the same 100 SP boost.

Kardin's Eye (Resistance+5) is a very expensive trinket that may be of use to boost your saves.

Most of the other good trinkets are all much higher level.

Community Member

Thanks for the answers guys.

Crystal Cove rewards seem unbeatable. However, I never gone to Crystal Cove.
    Anyone know how much time will I have to spend in there to get those nice greater trinkets? And, can I solo?

Quote Originally Posted by charmor View Post
    Thanks for the answers guys.

Crystal Cove rewards seem unbeatable. However, I never gone to Crystal Cove.
    Anyone know how much time will I have to spend in there to get those nice greater trinkets? And, can I solo?
    I solo (or duo with my son) the cove all the time. I don't think you will have any problems. I always bring along a cleric hireling for cheap healing.

Community Member

Ok. Just to let you guys know, I just bought a few scarabs from AH and made a Kaelth's Touch. Seems nice for DR against neutral mobs, and the undead guard is just a plus.

I'll use this trinket till get something better, such as the Crystal Cove rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by charmor View Post
    Ok. Just to let you guys know, I just bought a few scarabs from AH and made a Kaelth's Touch. Seems nice for DR against neutral mobs, and the undead guard is just a plus.

I'll use this trinket till get something better, such as the Crystal Cove rewards.
    It's nice DR against almost everything. About the only things you'll encounter with evil-typed damage will be gnoll archers in the Sands and creatures of Amrath like devils.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    It's nice DR against almost everything. About the only things you'll encounter with evil-typed damage will be gnoll archers in the Sands and creatures of Amrath like devils.
    Even some of the Amrath stuff is blocked. It's not the creature (for the most part) but their weapons that beat the DR.

Kaelth's really is one of the best trinkets you can get. I wear it pretty much until I can wear the Mabar cloak at cap for the 5/good. Granted, casters can cast Stoneskin but depending on how often you're getting hit that can be impractical.

Also, not that you'll be able to get this at level 11 but for people doing TR's Vibrant Purple Ioun Stone (unsuppressed) is one heck of a leveling item. Archmagi at level 5 along with Spell Pen IX.

Agree with the Kaelth's. There is an oddity with the Gnoll Archers in the Sands. They proc evil damage, but the base damage of the arrows are reduced by Kaelth's. I could provide screenshots later.