Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Default yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalis View Post
    My Casters always have: Spot & Listen. Spot will allow you to see the enemy, while listen will allow you to tab and select them when they are hiding.
    cool, thanks, didn't know i could do that, though i do recall seeing it happen, hitting tab and 'seeing' npc that wasn't there before, doesn't work with spot... so listen > spot

+1
    true neutral poster... note the grey in my 'rep'
    kool-aid in my coffee! YEAH!
    {save me from myself}

Community Member

Default meh

Quote Originally Posted by icekinslayer View Post
    you obviously undervalue UMD. it is useful on every single toon, without question.
    if i have the skill points as in a wiz, i would, but otherwise... also, you need cha, but...

all the n/a means is you can't train it if you don't do it at level 1... the traps and locks skills are the same, imagine if a rogue didn't train traps and locks at level 1! i haven't tried that, haha oops!

i don't care about umd at all, why would i want to be able to use a cure light wounds wand 1 in every two or 3 tries?
    true neutral poster... note the grey in my 'rep'
    kool-aid in my coffee! YEAH!
    {save me from myself}

Quote Originally Posted by Shakanos View Post
    ... UMD makes you more versatile, and part of picking Wizard over Sorc is having that extra flexability (though most Sorcs take UMD too).
    I think UMD on a Sorcerer is even more natural than on a wizard. Your main casting stat (Charisma) boosts it, and you have access to fewer spells/feats/utility than wizards so added versatility can be a bigger bonus. If I only have 2 skills to level up on my sorc, that is concentration and UMD.

Of course UMD being so useful in general, and wizards having the skill points of a little army of sorcs, wizards usually take it too.

Cogdoc

Community Member

thx, so that what SLA mean, things from other post make sense now ^^, anyway really appreciate all the advices here i gotten here, i put points into concentration, umd, move silently, hide, spot, listen, and some in jump and diplo.

i think as wizards you have o many skill points and you can almost put everything i prefer tumble than listen.

the must are conce-diplo-jump-umd-balance and some spot other things you can put them as you like doesnt matter really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12