Thread: DDO Wiki?

Default DDO Wiki?

Not sure where to put this so its here, but is anyone else having trouble with DDO Wiki web site. It seems to be not loading for me.

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Me too
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

I'm having the same problem. The server responds to pings and traces, but none of the pages display any content.

Default Sweet

Thought i was going crazy there for a minut.....oh wait i'm already there }:P

The sleeper has awakened

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Just tried, didn't open.

Can't remember who keeps it up, but if YOU do - could you PM them as they may not be aware.

Yea servers returning null..

As to whos in charge: Xevo and Borror are the top guys atm.

Community Member

It appears to be back up now. Guess we'll see if anyone even acknowledges this little hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by SataN6 View Post
    It appears to be back up now. Guess we'll see if anyone even acknowledges this little hiccup.
    and if they "acknowledge this little hiccup", how about thanking them for their time and effort
    keeping available a resource that most of the community just uses.

I have no idea where this sense of entitlement comes from but it is revolting to me.
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)

Agreed a big thank you to who ever the mystrious people or robots are that take care of the wiki.

The sleeper has awakened

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by herzkos View Post
    and if they "acknowledge this little hiccup", how about thanking them for their time and effort
    keeping available a resource that most of the community just uses.

I have no idea where this sense of entitlement comes from but it is revolting to me.
    I honestly have no idea where you are coming from.

I expect very little from the people at Turbine other than communication, which they are often horrible at. This particular occasion, the problem was very minor and (apparently) easily fixed in a timely fashion. In the past, we have gone hours without any sort of notification that they were even aware of the problems.

I update the Wiki whenever I find useful information to contribute for the betterment of the community. All that I expect in return is that information to be available for everyone as close to 100% of the time as possible.

If I have any sense of entitlement, it would be that we, as members of the DDO community, are entitled to clear communication from Turbine in a timely fashion. Maybe you disagree with me? I'd rather not follow the trend and assume I know what you were thinking without asking first.

Community Member

I expect very little from the people at Turbine other than communication, which they are often horrible at. This particular occasion, the problem was very minor and (apparently) easily fixed in a timely fashion. In the past, we have gone hours without any sort of notification that they were even aware of the problems.

I update the Wiki whenever I find useful information to contribute for the betterment of the community. All that I expect in return is that information to be available for everyone as close to 100% of the time as possible.

If I have any sense of entitlement, it would be that we, as members of the DDO community, are entitled to clear communication from Turbine in a timely fashion. Maybe you disagree with me? I'd rather not follow the trend and assume I know what you were thinking without asking first.
    DDOWiki is not managed nor created by Turbine - it is community created and user contributions are what keeps it up to date. In this case (I hope you'll pardon that I am assuming I know exactly what you were thinking), your expectations and any sense of entitlement that you have is entirely misplaced.
    Last edited by WolfHealr; 09-24-2011 at 01:12 AM.
    General mischief maker and trap spring... I mean... disarmer. No really! I swear I had no idea that trap was there!

It's like YOU created a web site about DDO... except these guys knocked it out of the park, making it better than what the folks at Turbine have done.

It's so good, you think someone must be getting paid to run it, huh?

Likely because you have no idea where DDOWiki comes from.

Hint: it's not Turbine.
    Heatherx Rgr12/Arti6/Rog2 (PL: 3 Wiz; 1 FvS; 2 Sor; 1 Clr; 1 Arti; 1 Rog)
    Toryen Warchanter 22 ~ Treslyn Cleric 24 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 23 ~ Khenshii Monk 20

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

sir, I apologize most profusely for assuming that you knew who runs the wiki. I'll never assume again that
    you'll determine the correct party prior to posting a negative comment.
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)