Default End game WF AM Wizard build

Im looking for end game build for WF AM Wizard. Ive checked other builds and things people have put on the forums, just looking for more detail into what was actually taken other than the standard "elemental manipulation I", im looking for the highest dps and dc possible. From what ive read lightning/force works best at end game and i know fire/acid better at low levels. Im just curious to see what feats, spells and enhancements you took along the way. I am vip and have WF, just new to caster since both my toons are melee. And ive seen and read some good numbers being put up by squishies and wanted to give it a go. Ty for your help

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=300643

Here is my endgame WF AM Wizard build. You will want GSF:Necro and Enchantment along with Greater Spell Pen. Your DC's will be 40 for your primary Archmage line and 39 for your seconday line if you have maxed INT and a GS INT stick.

Edit. My final build is post #8. My Feat Progression does not work for leveling as I was doing a LR. You will want to look elsewere for that.
    Last edited by DaSawks; 09-22-2011 at 09:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Nice build, im still alittle lost. what is this lineage of elements feat? i rolled a wizard and dont see any feat with lineage in its name

The only thing i did change, i went 18 in con and int and brought up my str and wis to 10. str so i didnt get weighed down and rendered useless and wis for the rolls. Other than that, i like the build.
    Last edited by ericscavanaugh; 09-22-2011 at 10:45 AM.

The enhancements on my build are Pre U10 I believe. You have it correct. Fire and acid at lower levels and then switch to Electrical and Cold at higher levels. To be honest though Necromancy trumps all DPS at endgame/epics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Community Member

By end game, I will assume you're referring to raids/Epics.

From a slightly different take on AM.

Pre U9, I was a max DC enchant AM Wizzy, post U9 I stayed enchant, for about a week or 2
    I think I LR my Wizzy a couple of times, playing around with different schools.

IMO enchant just blows as a secondary focus. The hold time is just very low.

Now, Conjur with the SLA Web is pretty awesome. Get some critters suck in a web, AFK Bio, eat some lunch, spend a few quality moments with your better half <-- ok maybe not that long

The SLA Web only costs 3 SP and the cool down timer is very short. So you can paint the town in
    webs, so to speak, if you don't get all the critters the first time.

So with that in mind,

Primary Focus: Necro, Secondary Focus: Conjur

Max out INT and CON. If you have TR'd or multiple TRs, then spread the love around to
    other stats. All level ups in INT.

Skills: Concentration, Jump, others fit to your needs.

Max out INT through Enchantments, ArchMage V, AM Spell Mastery Necroo I & II, Conjur I
    SLA Grease and Web, Spell Pen I & II, Capstone, Inscribe Armor I.

Some of the other Enchantments can be tailored to your type of build.
    I spent some APs in Toughness and WF CON.

Regarding Elemental path, Electric, Cold, and Acid are better than Fire but on my Wizzy I have
    stayed Fire. For the simple reason of Epic Wiz King farming, fire just works better in there.

Feats: SF & GSF Necro, SF Conjur, Quicken, Heighten, Toughness, Wiz Past Life, Mental Toughness,
    Extend, Maximize, Empower. Spell Pen.
    *some feats could be exchanged for others depending on build.

Gear you will want:
    TOD Rings +1 and +2 Ex INT Ring, +1 and +2 CON Ring and various Belts,
    Torc,
    GS Coin Opp & GS SP / HP,
    Minos Helm until you get Epic gear

+2 Neco (you can get this by several items, Staff of Petitioner, Epic Staff of Inner Sight, or I think it's called Death's Touch IQ / Dreaming Dark.

Epic Diabolist Docent is very nice to have also.
    Y-Pots CON and INT

You will also want to TR your Wizzy at least once.

Hope that helps and doesn't confuse things more.

Thx, yea, that helped out alot looks like ill be rerolling my wizard again. You 2 are awesome! thx for answering a noobs wizard questions 1 more question about the casting, im a convert from WoW and the casting there you had a fields produced that i knew where i was casting, on here no field so i take it its a line of sight? so whatever direction my toon is facing is where the spell will be casted?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericscavanaugh View Post
    Thx, yea, that helped out alot looks like ill be rerolling my wizard again. You 2 are awesome! thx for answering a noobs wizard questions 1 more question about the casting, im a convert from WoW and the casting there you had a fields produced that i knew where i was casting, on here no field so i take it its a line of sight? so whatever direction my toon is facing is where the spell will be casted?
    If you're talking about aoe casting (like Blizzard/Flamestrike from WoW) spells like the clouds, or even fire wall, DDO does it in two ways. If you have someone targeted, it'll center it on them. Otherwise the spell will be where your cursor (middle of the screen - mouse look is helpful for aiming) was when you started casting (if I recall correctly).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMageT View Post
    By end game, I will assume you're referring to raids/Epics.

From a slightly different take on AM.

Pre U9, I was a max DC enchant AM Wizzy, post U9 I stayed enchant, for about a week or 2
    I think I LR my Wizzy a couple of times, playing around with different schools.

IMO enchant just blows as a secondary focus. The hold time is just very low.

Now, Conjur with the SLA Web is pretty awesome. Get some critters suck in a web, AFK Bio, eat some lunch, spend a few quality moments with your better half <-- ok maybe not that long

The SLA Web only costs 3 SP and the cool down timer is very short. So you can paint the town in
    webs, so to speak, if you don't get all the critters the first time.

So with that in mind,

Primary Focus: Necro, Secondary Focus: Conjur

Max out INT and CON. If you have TR'd or multiple TRs, then spread the love around to
    other stats. All level ups in INT.

Skills: Concentration, Jump, others fit to your needs.

Max out INT through Enchantments, ArchMage V, AM Spell Mastery Necroo I & II, Conjur I
    SLA Grease and Web, Spell Pen I & II, Capstone, Inscribe Armor I.

Some of the other Enchantments can be tailored to your type of build.
    I spent some APs in Toughness and WF CON.

Regarding Elemental path, Electric, Cold, and Acid are better than Fire but on my Wizzy I have
    stayed Fire. For the simple reason of Epic Wiz King farming, fire just works better in there.

Feats: SF & GSF Necro, SF Conjur, Quicken, Heighten, Toughness, Wiz Past Life, Mental Toughness,
    Extend, Maximize, Empower. Spell Pen.
    *some feats could be exchanged for others depending on build.

Gear you will want:
    TOD Rings +1 and +2 Ex INT Ring, +1 and +2 CON Ring and various Belts,
    Torc,
    GS Coin Opp & GS SP / HP,
    Minos Helm until you get Epic gear

+2 Neco (you can get this by several items, Staff of Petitioner, Epic Staff of Inner Sight, or I think it's called Death's Touch IQ / Dreaming Dark.

Epic Diabolist Docent is very nice to have also.
    Y-Pots CON and INT

You will also want to TR your Wizzy at least once.

Hope that helps and doesn't confuse things more.

The only reasons your holding time is low are that you either do not have the gears or do not realise the need to use free hypno constantly.
    Last edited by danlan; 09-28-2011 at 05:36 AM.