Community Member

Default PD guild/group suitable for a Euro dude?

I've played the game for a couple years now, in a number of ways - I have naturally evolved from an avid slow-approach explorer, an RPer, a newbie mentor and a guild leader to (most recently) a zerger and a raid/epic farming junkie. I enjoyed all of these playstyles, they were fun while they lasted but I'm kind of burning out now. I still enjoy the game and would like to stick with it, to stay in touch with friends and because I haven't found any other MMORPG that would suit me. I've also been a pen & paper D&D player on and off for the last 15 or so years so I've been contemplating PD as perhaps being the next logical step and also the only playstyle I haven't tried yet.

Now, I am going to do some research when I have a bit of time, as far as PD guilds go, but I thought I'd throw in a couple bits about myself and some questions to see if anyone can think of a guild or a PD group that might be suitable for me:

- I'm in the UK and can play most GMT+0/BST evenings, let's say 7pm to midnight, including weekends. However, I would only be able to dedicate a couple hours a week to PD play. Probably not more than one or two evenings and only one character to start with.
    - I know the majority of quests inside out, does it actually make any sense for me to try PD? I mean will I have fun if I have to pretend I don't know what's around the next corner all the time?
    - I don't really do heavy RP, in DDO anyway. I do enjoy some light RP like character background and similar, but as a P&P player who has experienced the freedom that the "real thing" provides, I see trying to role play in a computer game as mostly pointless. I'm much more interested in the tactics aspect of PD.
    - I speak fluent English and I do use voice chat when needed but I'm not a native speaker and I'm not very chatty either. Sometimes I don't feel like using VC at all.
    - I understand that PD requires one's attention at all times and the survival of others often depends on you yadda yadda but I'd hate to end up playing with people who fret about minor mistakes or take the whole thing way too seriously. I like to have a beer while playing every now and then and I do need to go afk occasionally.

That's it I think. Server doesn't matter. And as far as specific PD rules go, I don't really care so much about what particular things are allowed or not as long as I have fun.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Community Member

I'm in Mortal Voyage on Argo, and they seem to have a mix of players from all over - including some from Europe. Generally there is a few folks online most of the time, more during peak US hours and all over the weekend.

The rules on MV is quite strict, and you can find out more at
    http://mortalvoyage.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    ...- I have naturally evolved from an avid slow-approach explorer, an RPer, a newbie mentor and a guild leader to (most recently) a zerger and a raid/epic farming junkie. ...
    That's called devolution...

Mortal Voyage has the largest and most active non-U.S. population. Off-hours probably won't ever equal U.S. prime time, but we try to encourage 24/7 activity. Weekends are great because we kind of all get to mix it up with folks we don't see as often.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

I think most of the PD guilds have good activity. I know the Extreme Explorers primary guild night is on Wednesday, but we are on most hours of the day. If the ruleset and server do not matter to you at this point, I would recommend trying out some of the different guilds and meeting some of their players.

Welcome to Permadeath!

I am an American living in Korea. So what time would it be in Britain now? These types of questions give me a headache. I think if you play at 8 p.m. your time, that's about 3 p.m. EST, and that means it's about 5 a.m. here. But if you could get on at 9 p.m. and play for a couple of hours on your Thursday night, that would work for me.

Couple hours a week? Maybe you'd be willing to try a new static group I am thinking of starting. If you don't care much about the ruleset, then you don't care if it's super-hardcore, and therefore we'd be ready to roll soon!

Idea for a new static: no prestige classes, bravery bonus all the time, elite or hard is up to the group, every quest is once-and-done, and then all other rules of The Core apply.

Send a tell if you're interested. I have character slots, know how to have fun, and am available on Khyber
    The Core HC Permadeath Guild
    HC stands for Hard Core
    on Khyber
    thecorehc.home.comcast.net

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duncani_Daho View Post
    I am an American living in Korea. So what time would it be in Britain now? These types of questions give me a headache. I think if you play at 8 p.m. your time, that's about 3 p.m. EST, and that means it's about 5 a.m. here. But if you could get on at 9 p.m. and play for a couple of hours on your Thursday night, that would work for me.
    Indeed, it's dawn / morning for you when I play if you live in Korea. Sadly, Thursday night is the one night when I'm usually not available. I'll think about it though and let you know if I figure something out. Thanks for the offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

Feel Free to try out PD Halls of Valhalla we dont require any major commitment and have a great bunch of experienced players, check out our ruleset in the link on my sig!!!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 63, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc Epic TR 2nd Life Level 9, Repentnarc 16, Gatlingnarc 15, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS