Community Member

Default CC Event no xp gain????

I am posting because i entered the cc event (cr 20) with people who were level 20, 18 and me 15. We run it 2 times but got no xp from it....Did they change something or is it a bug? If someone else noticed the same issue and knows what is happening please send some feedback will much appreciate it..

Community Member Simplesimon1979's Avatar

Got to run it once today. Went in on 25 with my lvl 17, 2 20s, a 16 and a 19. I got 8000 xp. Did you collect your 100 in time

were you in explorer area or cove area. Cove area I imagine would be like a quest and since you are a lvl 15 with lvl 20's xp penalty would net you 0xp
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Community Member

Yes of course 100 were collected way before time ended

Community Member

You were too far below level of the highest level player. If you want XP I believe you need to be either 16 or 17 if you want to run with 20s (I thought it was 17, my guildie says 16).

A 16 will not get XP with a 20 in the party.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Quote Originally Posted by XL_Jockey View Post
    You were too far below level of the highest level player. If you want XP I believe you need to be either 16 or 17 if you want to run with 20s (I thought it was 17, my guildie says 16).
    If you are exactly 4 levels below the highest-level character in the party, you receive a -50% penalty. If you are 5 levels below, you receive a -75% penalty. If you are 6 levels below, you receive a -99% penalty. If you are 7 or more levels below, you receive no XP regardless of bonuses.
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    incorrect
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    A 16 will get -50% with lvl 20s in party.
    A 15 gets even less, if any, can't remember right now.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

From what I recall from last time the cove was here, its xp penalties for power-leveling are special. A level 16 takes no penalty, but a 15 gets no xp at all, if a level 20 is in the instance.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    If you are exactly 4 levels below the highest-level character in the party, you receive a -50% penalty. If you are 5 levels below, you receive a -75% penalty. If you are 6 levels below, you receive a -99% penalty. If you are 7 or more levels below, you receive no XP regardless of bonuses.
    Not true for Cove. I was bluebarring a level last time and ended up taking it so that I could get XP from the event, and I did not. Not sure why it doesn't follow the normal rules, but that's the way it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiamfryn View Post
    I am posting because i entered the cc event (cr 20) with people who were level 20 and me 15. We run it 2 times but I got no xp from it....If someone else knows what is happening please send some feedback will much appreciate it..
    Its called powerleveling ANY QUEST if you are have 4 levels of separtation you will get 0xp.

Quote Originally Posted by XL_Jockey View Post
    It is L17 to take no penalty to XP. L16 can get XP but it may be reduced (50% IIRC). L15 is SOL.

Others have posted on standard XP penalties. I don't think those apply to Crystal Cove.

Also, check your log and not just your display. I recall there being a display bug where it said you got no XP but if you checked your log you actually did. I don't think that was ever fixed and after the first few times most people just ignored it.
    Last edited by Therigar; 09-19-2011 at 12:16 PM.