Default Abbot tactics, questions...

OK, so I've been in a whole bunch of abbots lately, and lots of fails. Pretty much all are down to Tiles, since Cleric DI makes ice trivial, and asteroids seem easy enough if everyone remembers Inventory/quickslot/alt-z/T.

My tiles idea is just to have my friend come down for the weekend, and once he's flagged we can be sat in the same room and I can use my keyboard to guide me over while looking at his monitor, repeat using other keyboard/monitor. Questions..

Does this count as an exploit? I wouldn't have thought so but wanted to check.

Has anyone else used this method? Is it as simple in practice as it would seem?

Thanks

Community Member balancetraveller's Avatar

An exploit is to gain yourself unjustified advantage in game by taking advantage of bugs, glitches, etc. I don't think what you proposed sound like an exploit at all. There are lots of people playing this game together - roommates, couples, friends sitting side by side in a net cafe - when they are inside the same party they would usually display a good cooperation, but you won't call that exploit either.

Great, thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by grayham View Post
    Does this count as an exploit? I wouldn't have thought so but wanted to check.
    There would be no actual way of tracking it, and you can't exactly forbid people from looking at a different person's screen when they are playing together. The main issue would be any latency between what you see on his screen and the input from your commands being carried out in the game world.