Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

I've played some pretty laggy online games before, DDO was no different when I started playing. It wasn't a factor then though, just the odd bit of lag here and there.

The last 3 months however have been utterly f'n ridiculous. At times I've just closed DDO and gone to another MMO the lag has been so horrendous.

I honestly can say DDO has gone from being one of the most lag free MMOs (for me at least) to being the absolute worst in the space of 3-6 months. Something needs to change, upgrade the servers, optimize the game code, change the ISP....comething. Turbine, you're going to be losing players over this. If there's one thing that outright kills games, it's lag when it gets to the point that it becomes unplayable. It's almost at that level.....

As a subscriber, let me just say I feel cheated when I keep seeing new adventure packs, new content, things added to the DDO store when I see NOTHING being done to sort the lag issues.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrtt View Post
    I've played some pretty laggy online games before, DDO was no different when I started playing. It wasn't a factor then though, just the odd bit of lag here and there.

The last 3 months however have been utterly f'n ridiculous. At times I've just closed DDO and gone to another MMO the lag has been so horrendous.

I honestly can say DDO has gone from being one of the most lag free MMOs (for me at least) to being the absolute worst in the space of 3-6 months. Something needs to change, upgrade the servers, optimize the game code, change the ISP....comething. Turbine, you're going to be losing players over this. If there's one thing that outright kills games, it's lag when it gets to the point that it becomes unplayable. It's almost at that level.....

As a subscriber, let me just say I feel cheated when I keep seeing new adventure packs, new content, things added to the DDO store when I see NOTHING being done to sort the lag issues.
    Yep, and I can add when I see new WAY to powerful new classes being added, while the poor old original ones are still wating for PRE's, ToD rings etc....

Understanding the business side of getting out NEW STUFF to keep the masses from A.D.D.ing to hte next game is one thing.. The complete and total ignorance by the powers that be... IE: The ones budgeting the time and resources to projects, of the mess that DDO has become in the last 5 or 6 months..... Well......

It seems from the outside there is some interest in this lag issue, or whatever it's called technically.... But highly doubtful anything will be done before U-12... And sadly for the 100's of other gameplay bugs, let alone the long missing bugged feats/PRE's etc.... Good luck.... They're too busy F'in around with stupid worthless Art-dogs....

Community Member

im just ****ed off that I gave them another 15$ after a few months hiatus (cause I was mad about 100 other things that were screwed up) to find out that the game is F$%^&D !! NOT HAPPY TURBINE !! If this isnt fixed VERY SOON I will be donating every month to a DIFFERENT GAME !! And there are ALOT of sexy lookin games coming out VERY soon.

Seriously, are you gonna sell pots that removes lag from the store or what and all of this is just a marketing stuff? Why can't you fix that lag ??
    Grunolda - Grunilda - Grunelda - Grunzilla-
    --Loot--CANNITH

Community Member

lol the funny thing is that mabar isnt with la
    the only thing that we should see is that
    ddo = to events that new people are able to do epic stuffs really easy
    and veterans can´t do raids cause they are veterans
    sounds funny that, cause a lot of veterans are vip or people that bought all the game packs and dont give enought money to turbine and warner, like new players does
    this is sick
    we should be able to play ddo even we are veterans
    but its impossible to do
    u do the event or dont do anything.

Community Member

Aaaaannnnnddddd.... just tried playing DDO. I feel like I'm back on a C64 playing that Mickey Mouse in Space game where you can only choose to move N/S/E/W.
    Holy smokes that is some serious lag. I thought it was bad before.
    Apparently we shouldn't have complained because as a reward we've been given Mabar.
    Greebles, Kyarane, Shandria, Grinhold, Alacya, Manufactured: Cannith

Community Member

Yay, mabar preview= +20cr lag monster(and it's already pretty high)

Community Member

Default /signed

The lag is horrible to the point of making the game unplayable. Just tried to run the spectral dragon in maybar which they have advertisements for everywhere and couldn't even move or swing my weapons and just sat there and got killed. So I then become frustrated in my attempt to get some undead slaying handwraps and go start a new character figuring at least I'll be able to solo Korthos without too much trouble. How wrong I was. I died to a skeleton in the very first quest because my weapon swings wouldn't register. lol. Moving on to another game for the night because the lag is too much.

+1
    Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elghinn dal lil alust.

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front."

Community Member

Many days Ive logged off due to lag, this isnt playable... The service is very bad even for a f2p game.

Partyon/Wuming/Cureon/Octaveone/MrMajestic

Community Member

YAY!!! i am a beta tester!!
    Under Void we Congregate,brethren of Kaos

Fudoshin - sensee - Vibus - junglist - rushtea - jeenun

Exclamation yes, please fix

i only play on cannith so i cant really compare to other servers. if lag is this bad on every server the DEVS NEED TO STEP UP AND FIX IT OR ELSE PEOPLE WILL STOP PLAYING, THEN WHAT YA GONNA DO????
    "it is better to let others think you a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark twain

Community Member

The 8pm dragon run last night went well. Spells actually occurred when you clicked them. Stuff died. It was good. It was PK raid night, so eADQ, eVoN and ToD all were noticeably lag-free. The trip down to (and the first half of) LoB was laggy, but the dragon dropped then. After that it was amazingly good.

What happened?

Community Member

It had seemed better for a few days, then last night seemed worse again. Major things I've noticed:

Network and FPS remain consistent. I consistently stay at around 85-100ms, FPS varies by zone, but stays consistent per zone. Dungeons I'm normally getting somewhere a bit above 100 FPS. When these lag problems first started I did some tracing and noticed that up until I hit Sprints network ms was considerably lower, but even 85-100ms should be well within an issue free range.

I very much believe the issue is server side and a load balancing issue, simply because it seems like 2 main end results. AI actions that make it appear that the AI was programmed to simulate drug induced insanity, and positioning issues and reconciliation that further that feeling.

Hirelings stand around doing nothing when they are set to follow you. Hirelings charging off past multiple mobs pulling half a dungeon down on you if they aren't stopped because they agroed on a mob nowhere near you which isn't yet aware of your presence. Mobs running right through you to stand behind you attacking thin air.

Catch up events, where you move only to get jumped back instantly with a mob suddenly appearing in front of you (obviously the client allowed you to move through a point where the server had a mob). Or several melee swings that don't appear to hit or miss, and then you get a fast string of floating text.

There have been evenings recently where the game has again been a joy to play but also nights that I have just logged off because I want to fight mobs, not latency.

So um yeah, the events are over and the lagfest is still here! yay!
    Phayth Divine
    Legendary Cleric of Cannith
    Darkphayth - Wiz * Unchained - first 20 Horc on any server * Grudgewrath - Barb * Phaythaholic - just Because *

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567