Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ran Deeps 3 times w/ a full grp on normal and hard and no one got the rune arm.

Through the whole group everyone's insisting that the drop rates are no different on normal, hard or elite, while I continually told them that elite has a much better drop rate and I highly doubt Turbine would be letting people get the rune arms after a dinky normal run.

It doesnt take much experience for even a lvl 7 character to solo Deeps on normal, I'm not sure why they would get the rune arm which has superior Potency III and is ML 7 while doing that.

I then soloed it on elite and got the rune arm on the first try.

Community Member UpperClassTwit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falryn View Post
    @UpperClassTwit I was singing that as I clicked the link!
    Where have all the rune arms gone?
    Long time passing.
    Long time ago.
    Where have all the artis gone?
    To Delera's, every one.

Oh where will they go and run?
    Redemption's the...only one.

Smile

I'm collecting them ahead of time for when I'm *hopefully* able to unlock artificier in U12. This is my experience so far:

WW 1st elite run : runearm check!
    STK 2nd elite run : runearm check!
    Catacombs 2nd elite run : runearm check!
    Tangleroot 2 elite runs skunk, 1 normal : runearm check!

On a side note, DDO wiki needs updated with any new named runearms, I hear there are two more in Gianthold Tor named (i think) Chill of Winter and Arching Sky in the other two dragon chests that are not listed on wiki.

Wiki doesn't list one for Sharn Syndicate or 3BC... does anyone know if there actually is one for those packs?
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

You are able to obtain a rune arm in the Subterrane in Garamol's chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I'm collecting them ahead of time for when I'm *hopefully* able to unlock artificier in U12. This is my experience so far:

On a side note, DDO wiki needs updated with any new named runearms, I hear there are two more in Gianthold Tor named (i think) Chill of Winter and Arching Sky in the other two dragon chests that are not listed on wiki.

Wiki doesn't list one for Sharn Syndicate or 3BC... does anyone know if there actually is one for those packs?
    I am trying to collect the better rune arms so I can use em outright when I hit the right levels.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by G1deon View Post
    Played on lamania and got all the lower lvl arms quickly. I thought getting an arm on live would be no problem. Boy was I wrong. I am now lvl 6, have completed water works, Shan d kor, and tangleroot all twice and the only rune arm I have is from redemption.

Have seen everyone in the party get one but me. Is my name charlie brown or is this common?
    I got:

redemption: 1st try (quest reward)
    water works: 1st try (quest reward)
    stk: 0 for 1
    tangleroot: 1st try (quest reward)
    delera: 1st try (quest reward)
    wiz king: 8th try (chest)
    cult of the six: 0 for 1
    attack on stormreach: 1st try (quest reward)
    giant hold tor: 1st try (white dragon chest)
    garamol in subteranean: 0 for 1

All while running my artificer.
    Last edited by 7-day_Trial_Monkey; 09-18-2011 at 02:41 PM.

I ran em all twice just to try for an arm-w/o success. Drop rate appears bugged. Some of my friends are getting them every time while others are never getting them.

Ran STK elite and WW elite today (on a higher level character that will be TRd to Arti when its available via favour like its supposed to be), STK didn't drop it, WW did, first time.

Its not a guaranteed drop, but I'd say that was a reasonable rate, and I can't believe I was really that lucky. Guildies have reported them dropping too, whether they are on artificers or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Smile

Well.... I don't have alot of high level alts, also all the ones I have are first lifers without raid gear (raiding isn't my thing). I understand that in MMO's they have to keep you grinding for gear to keep you playing... at least that's the way it mostly works... I just can't stand that... don't have the patience to do a quest/series of quests 20+ times with nothing to show for it. At least Shroud you are gaining ingredients thus making progress.

So...

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    However, I have noticed that the Titan Rune arm did not drop for the raid party I ran with yesterday, nor have I even seen the Lucid Dreams Rune arm that allegedly drops in Mindsunder. This is after 10-14 runs post u-11, and to-date, I have not seen one rune arm drop for anyone in that quest.
    You have far more patience than I. On a happier note I'm an altaholic so even tho I don't grind for gear I guess you could say I grind for alt progress and improvement. The TR process seems to have been designed with me in mind.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Default I think there is a problem with Rune Arm drops

Well, I just finished tangleroot for the 3rd time and no rune arm. All attempts have been on my drow artificer. I have seen just about everyone who when with me get one and none of them artificers. I just cannot believe i could be that unlucky.

Now that I think about it all of the rune arms I got on Lamania were with non artificer classes. I farmed them before they released the class with a copied alt.

I am going to run these again on another class and see what happens. I am wondering of those who posted, how many of you who have arms are artificers? Some of you are not who have gotten arms and all who have posted no luck are artificers.

So question, How many of you are getting rune arms with your artificers vs. non artificer classes. I will post my results

ww x2 - no rune arm
    stk x2 - no rune arm
    tr x3 - no rune arm

Now I will run them on my monk.

The garamol one seemed to drop quite consistently, also seen it several times in the end-reward list of the carnival chain after numerous times completing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    All on my cleric or bard, hope to unlock arty in U12.

Quote Originally Posted by G1deon View Post
    Well, I just finished tangleroot for the 3rd time and no rune arm. All attempts have been on my drow artificer. I have seen just about everyone who when with me get one and none of them artificers. I just cannot believe i could be that unlucky.

Now that I think about it all of the rune arms I got on Lamania were with non artificer classes. I farmed them before they released the class with a copied alt.

I am going to run these again on another class and see what happens. I am wondering of those who posted, how many of you who have arms are artificers? Some of you are not who have gotten arms and all who have posted no luck are artificers.

So question, How many of you are getting rune arms with your artificers vs. non artificer classes. I will post my results

ww x2 - no rune arm
    stk x2 - no rune arm
    tr x3 - no rune arm

Now I will run them on my monk.
    That's why I farmed the garamol-yielded Tira's Splendor and Reign of Madness' Glorious Obscenity Rune Arms before I TR'ed into an artificer (yes, I finally got around to TR'ing, and so far, it's pretty good. Little repetitive, but at least the robot dog and machine guns make it worth the while).
    Last edited by Ziindarax; 09-18-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

I finally got another rune arm. I just could not bear passing up the exp. On my artificer so I decided to run shantokor again. Ran on normal for the bonus(hard and elite already complete). Flicker was in the end reward list. This was my 3rd completion of STK.

The good news, I was able to get a rune arm. The bad, rune arms don't always drop. A guildy told me they had to run STK 5 times before getting flicker on their artificer. Maybe we both had a string of bad luck. At least we got one. So, hang in there if you fall into the unlucky side of life.

I think I will move on to Deleras and sorrow dusk. I am happy I got my flicker, the best low level arm in my opinion.

Community Member

My luck:

redemption: 1st try (quest reward)
    water works: 0 for 1
    stk: 0 for 1
    tangleroot: 1st try (quest chain reward), it showed up but I was running to get my visor, and I took the visor, maybe I'll do it again for the arm
    delera: 1st try (quest reward), but I was doing it for the Voice, and I took the Voice, did the chain again and got it again (and took it)

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

If you run The Tide Turns, you'll definitely get that RuneArm by the 3rd run (may get it on earlier runs). Plus it's the lowest level RA with an level 2 Imbue!

I did get the WW one (first run). TR gave me no love (one run).
    Ghallanda
    Thairos - ETRing Artificer * Khryll - 28 Clonk * Jarkxle - 28 Swashbuckler * Jaherian - 25 Druid

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daggertooth View Post
    Ran Deeps 3 times w/ a full grp on normal and hard and no one got the rune arm.

Through the whole group everyone's insisting that the drop rates are no different on normal, hard or elite, while I continually told them that elite has a much better drop rate and I highly doubt Turbine would be letting people get the rune arms after a dinky normal run.

It doesnt take much experience for even a lvl 7 character to solo Deeps on normal, I'm not sure why they would get the rune arm which has superior Potency III and is ML 7 while doing that.

I then soloed it on elite and got the rune arm on the first try.
    Soloed Deeps on normal one time, got the Pea-shooter. History: Ran WW 4 times to get Flamewarden, Tangleroot 3 times. Deleras, 1st try. That's it for me.... so far. (I thought I would never get that 1st one from WW)

Didnt read all the thread but I found bta runearms for end rewards of both Catacombs and Threnal quest chains...
    "This is the nature of things truly worth having: what is most valuable about them is hidden away and concealed, while what is visible on the surface appears beneath contempt." Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by UpperClassTwit View Post

Long time passing.
    I was watching Shrek II recently, so ... a slightly different take.

~O Where have all the rune arms gone?
    And where are all the mods?
    Where's the craft-wise dwarven smith
    To fight the dropping odds?

Isn't there a craft-er upon an anvil black?
    Late at night I toss and I turn
    And dream of what I lack.

I need a rune arm!
    I'm holding out for a rune arm
    'Til the end of the night.
    And it's gotta be strong
    And it's gotta be fast
    And it's gotta match my key binds!
    <match my key biiIiinds ...> O~
    Last edited by SableShadow; 09-19-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

So far 100% pull rate from ww, stk, TR, sentinel. Sometime you're lucky sometimes you're not (back before bta items it took 8 tries before my cleric got is TR wiz II trinket...).
    Pirotesse (battle-trap), Clausius (old style paly), Cadhu (swat fighter), Abysinthe (cleric), Sephiria (sorc), Dragunova (archer), Mauhin (wiz), Muhrahin(wf juggernauth), Azred(tempest), Birebash(sniper cleric), Bashibouzouk (barb), Salud(battle bard), Sniperovitch (repeater), Iraelle(battle cleric)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast