Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    I know for sure in the Explorer area and the Quests; Smiting Weapons, Void Strike, Destruction and a few others cause the WF MOB's to vanish with no animation. I assume it's the same in the raid. Can't say I have noticed...sort of busy.
    This is a different thing. Monsters disappearing after killed by actual effects or spells that hit them, i.e. not leaving bodies behind. There is also an issue where monsters die "on their own" when they are approx below 25-30%.
    Endure... In enduring, grow strong...
    -- Dak'kon, of the People

Sarezar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarezar View Post
    This is happening anywhere I've been in, so not just House C quests, but I have only seen it happening on my lvl 20 characters. For example, I am soloing any quest (any level, any area, any difficulty) with my monk, happily attacking a stunned monster, then around 25% HP, they die with an effect like the dark aura/smoke that shows on monsters killed with instant-kill spells (finger of death, wail of the banshee, power word kill, circle of death)...
    Sounds like Void strike vorpal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by drobbins View Post
    As of last night it has not ... it is VERY frustrating. I was all excited about assassinating post U-11 (DC of 44!) and then this happens. Aaarrgh. There must have been 2, maybe even 3 epics I haven't led the kill count in .... come on Turbine, you are killing me!

I joke, but yes, please, fix this; I've been forced to play my casters, and nobody wants that.
    Pretty sure Mal said that the issue is fixed, but not implemented, keep yer pants on the wait is almost over =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

Quote Originally Posted by darksol23 View Post
    Our guild noticed this as well... It seemed to be the new WF don't have all the special effects (e.g. smiting, divine's destruction) death animations implemented properly. They just disappear.
    Used to see this with the Rock Elementals in Undermine all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

Since there are many Devs here, i will post this quote this from another thread: (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=343077)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I did some testing and it seems item effects that can proc when attacking do not work with ranged even when they should according to the item description.

I equipped my repeater mechanic with Fabricator's Bracers and Parasitic Breastplate with Paranoia. Both Cannith Combat Infusion and Paranoia descriptions state that they work with ranged or melee attacks, but no matter how I tried they didn't proc at all when shooting with a repeater. When I switched to melee they worked normally, it didn't take very long for them both to proc.

Also Greater Vulkoor's Cunning set bonus does not work with ranged attacks, nothing happens on a roll of 20. But that does not specifically mention that it should work with ranged, so I don't know if it's WAI or not.
    This has been bug reported and posted on the forums since Lamannia, and it's still not in the known issues.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    I would love more info on this. What house C content? All of it? Preraid? Is anyone else seeing this?
    Go into the new content (quests and explorer area) and use a smiter. When it procs the constructs / warforged just disappear, as if their death animation is failing to show.

I was using a hvy repeating crossbow of smiting solo and saw it very frequently.

With other players (all using smiters) we all remarked how disconcerting it was when the mobs just disappear.
    Jesus saves but only Buddha makes incremental backups.

Community Member

I will confirm that Mobs in quests, explorer, and raids often lack death animations and just vanish when they die. It is most recreatable with smiter/insta-kill effects.

Also, Cannons occasionally glitch invisible for some players not all. A couple of nights ago My rogue in MA could not see the two southmost cannons. I saw the force blasts flying out from them, but no cannons on my screen. Two other players in the raid reported they could see them fine and killed them. Everyone else was too busy with titans.

I have hear reports of this happening with cannons in other quests.

I do know that charmed hats will appear and float in the air after disabling a dead cannon as well in most of the content.

DX9 distant landscape is ghostly. mountains look like icebergs. wai? they redraw when you get closer to them. dx10 seems fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member

I would like to highlight an earlier post I saw....

We have a Stormglory Tempest Airship on Ghallandra, and since the update you cannont get the below decks hookpoints to appear. You can buy items to extend the various buffs at each hookpoint nor can you even get the shop window up to buy the items. It does show the time remaining on the shrine/buff/crew memeber though.

Will also in game bug report it when I get back on later today..... That is IF I can get around the bug that makes it near impossible to do an in game bug report

It's starting to feel like something has gone terribly horribly wrong. Did turbine update it's compiler? Or maybe it's .net framework? It's like some thing system wide has broke.

Maybe it's time to restore the game from a pre-U11 backup? Everyday that goes by seems to be bringing to light some new thing... I'm getting worried
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by B.Ogre View Post
    It's starting to feel like something has gone terribly horribly wrong. Did turbine update it's compiler? Or maybe it's .net framework? It's like some thing system wide has broke.

Maybe it's time to restore the game from a pre-U11 backup? Everyday that goes by seems to be bringing to light some new thing... I'm getting worried

Hmm, they did that jsut after DDO-EU came out, around the time of DA, I seem to remember something to that affect. I would be all for it, although all the Arti's out there likely wouldn't be

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by B.Ogre View Post
    So am I. The game has become nearly unplayable for me on my melee's, so I started a caster just to have something to do while I await the fix...unfortunately my lowly level 4 caster is having the same issues (not facing target? -- uh, he's right in front of me and I'm taking damage!!).

I've been playing since mid December of 2010, and honestly, if this game were this glitchy when I started, I wouldn't have played more than a day. Every truly new player that has come to the game in the last week is probably either already gone, or will be gone shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by dTarkanan View Post
    Sounds like Void strike vorpal to me.
    Don't have that. It's a Monkster with no special attacks.
    Endure... In enduring, grow strong...
    -- Dak'kon, of the People

Sarezar

Bump.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Bump.
    Didn't his job duties change so this wasn't going to be happening any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I'm not sure to be honest. It was mostly just wishful thinking on my part

Community Member

I don't know, the title under his name still says DDO QA.

I too am wishing to see this again. I can remember the pitchforks and torches on march in these forums, and as soon as MajMal posted in <whatever thread name here> all of a sudden everyone was extremely appreciative and calm, just by getting a post with a tiny snippet of information that explained 1/100th of whatever was on the menu at the time.

Wishful thinking on my part as well to think Whatever entity thinks it is a good idea to slap duct tape over the mouth of the one person that busted his ARSE to keep communication open with the players would have a moment of lucidity and give it back to the players AND MajMal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Well he should have whipped Squeak or Kookie to take over at worst case.
    Unless all the QA Kobolds have been put in a cage and are not allowed to communicate without an overseer holding a tight leash.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Well he should have whipped Squeak or Kookie to take over at worst case.
    Unless all the QA Kobolds have been put in a cage and are not allowed to communicate without an overseer holding a tight leash.
    Actually, you aren't far off. Last I recall from QA, one of them was posting even though his boss did not want him to waste time on the forums.

Community Member

Actually, you aren't far off. Last I recall from QA, one of them was posting even though his boss did not want him to waste time on the forums.
    I remember that post actually, I think was a couple years back though.

If I remember correctly, someone was saying it was part of his job to be posting on the forums, and he flat out set them straight "It most certainly is NOT my job" I believe was how he started the post refuting it.

Yeah, it was MajMal that made that post.

And if I remember correctly, it was the post that gave him god like status on the forums.

I kneel in supplication to the god of Malphunktion. Why art though ignoring my pleas oh lord of the Kobolds?

What must I do to please thee? Oh please allow me to bask in the glory that is your words once again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast