Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    This is the mobs lacking death animations AFAIK, which I'm pretty sure is a known issue. If something instakills them, like Wail or Smiting or whatever, some types just disappear.
    This - a LOT of people are using smiters in the new content, so anytime you're seeing a mob disappear with part of their health bar remaining, it most likely got smited. Smote. Whatever.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Community Member

Please add crafted handwraps to your list. Still all kinds of buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    I would love more info on this. What house C content? All of it? Preraid? Is anyone else seeing this?
    I've noticed the mobs vanishing thing in House C - it could indeed just be that someone in the party is using smiting. My monk with his smiting handwraps chews through the mobs in there, and when a construct gets hit with that nat20, it just vanishes. I think I read somewhere that the mobs in there were missing their death animations - could it just be this?

I've not seen any die when no-one is attacking them mind you. So if that's happening, obviously its a larger issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

I am sorry if this is said elsewhere, but if you have a hireling in one of the new quest or wilderness you can not recall out because "your not allowed to have a hireling in a raid group", while in a normal group.

great thread by the way.

Whew, what a week! etc...

Go Pats!

Major Malphunktion
    My faith in you has been restored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

I use WASD, moved my pick up /use key to R, and runearm to E.

But i get what you are saying. Noted, and will pass it on. It was something we played with at one point, and most people internally like the pew pew FPS feel of hitting a key instead of clicking a button.
    What about making each keymap specific to each character? I would freaking love that.
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

Nope it has been on live for all this time. Mostly with moving targets, or the player moving.
    Gah, the moving targets thing was my bane! Assassinate! -swish- I said... Assassinate! -swish- Wha? My swords went right through him! ... I eventually learned to assassinate in front of them... very very annoying.

If that has been fixed... zounds, much love.

Community Member

Moobs in House C go poof if you vorpal/smite/destruct them. just like some mobs do in shroud pt1 on various instakill effects

May I add a few things ? THANKS :-D

Either: Artificers in general or Repeaters or Arty Pets...or some combo of that Is causing a huge amount
    of lag in dungeons. I can run with a full group, no arties...very little lag.
    Same group with 1 arty...lag. More than 1 arty...unplayable lag.

might be the runearm animation..the pet...all them bolts but it is something.
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

can you add log in screen shows 1/0 updates and shows loading but never loads anything then sends you to game. This is happeneing to me ever since mondays maintenance happened.
    Life is just a candle and a dream
    Must give it flame :Rush

Community Member

It will be in as soon as it can be. But yes, it is not in on live right now.
    Awesome, then I'm not crazy! Bwahahahaha!
    Graceana, 28 rogue (TRing like crazy) ~ Xiya, 12 ranger/8 fighter ~ Shinshi, 28 monk ~ Ayaxi, 20 rogue (TRing) ~ Saravi, 28 cleric ~ Talvi, 20 druid
    Zinzie, 18 sorcerer/2 paladin ~ Kishori, 20 bard ~ Sanziana, 20 ranger ~ Faunia, 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter/8 epic ~ Viven, 16 bard/4 fighter/8 epic
    Cliodna, 18 wizard/2 rogue (TRing) ~ Serenwyn, 15 bard/3 fighter/2 rogue ~ Duisteri, 12 monk/5 wizard/3 rogue/4 epic
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Community Member

I would love more info on this. What house C content? All of it? Preraid? Is anyone else seeing this?

Hmm, as far as the disapearing mobs when they die. You know theyr'e jsut gone, no death animation or sound effect. I haven't noticed it in the new House C raids, but have noticed it inthe House C explorer areas as well as all the regular quests. I noticed it on all my classes Barb, Bard, Cleric, FvS, Wizzy, Sorcy.... So it seeme it doesn't matter how they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryenji View Post
    I've seen "vanishing mobs", but it has always been at the time of their death, not vanishing with hp left. It's just like they're missing death animations. The only instance i remember it happening for sure were with polar rays killing them and in the explorer areas, although I'm fairly sure it's happening elsewhere as well.
    I always get this in DQ1 when you can one shot the mobs in there (for example, flagging on casual). I especially see it against the trogs in their wing. If I use something like Cone of Cold, the mobs will typically disappear. Sometimes I'll get a strange lag burst, but usually not. I think this would be a great place to test it since I always see this there (not just at the portal, but also with the mobs that charge down the hallway at you before you reach the portal and the caster there).

Community Member

Has anyone mentioned that the slay living and solid fog potions from the crystal cove (back in Feb) are all now broken - unless you are a rogue

I know for sure in the Explorer area and the Quests; Smiting Weapons, Void Strike, Destruction and a few others cause the WF MOB's to vanish with no animation. I assume it's the same in the raid. Can't say I have noticed...sort of busy.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

We ran the House C explorer area last weekend and my guild and I were seeing this as well. Mobs would just spontaneously disappear, usually at 5% health, sometimes when they were even higher. Saw one that was close to 50% that I went to go beat on it and it went bye bye before it was even close to death.

Saw it less in quests, in fact I don't actually recall seeing it in quests at all, mostly just the explorer areas.

Our guild noticed this as well... It seemed to be the new WF don't have all the special effects (e.g. smiting, divine's destruction) death animations implemented properly. They just disappear.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Velexia View Post
    Gah, the moving targets thing was my bane! Assassinate! -swish- I said... Assassinate! -swish- Wha? My swords went right through him! ... I eventually learned to assassinate in front of them... very very annoying.

If that has been fixed... zounds, much love.
    As of last night it has not ... it is VERY frustrating. I was all excited about assassinating post U-11 (DC of 44!) and then this happens. Aaarrgh. There must have been 2, maybe even 3 epics I haven't led the kill count in .... come on Turbine, you are killing me!

I joke, but yes, please, fix this; I've been forced to play my casters, and nobody wants that.

To lazy to read back through entire thread to see if someone has listed this one, but getting a issue where casting animations are sometimes casting at the speed of unquickened when quicken is set to (always on) for the spell but the spell goes off in the middle of the animation, example start to cast symbol of death it does the super slow hand motions but 50% of the way through the animation the symbol appears but still continues to finish the super slow animation leaving me to be eaten by many mobs .
    Also noticed when casting buffs that are set to quicken (always off) they cast at the faster speed like quicken was on and interupt the next buff from going off since that previous buff still hasnt been cast just the quickened speed it was cast at made it look like it had finished already and you could hit the next buff leaving me walking into battle half buffed and yet again being eaten by many mobs
    This isnt 100% of the time and im not sure what the cause is but randomly happens on entering a quest/quest area when buffing/offensively casting. Can get it to stop sometimes by switching weapons and turning off the quicken always on/off afew times. Turning on/off the normal quicken meta on a hot bar yields no results.
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

This is happening anywhere I've been in, so not just House C quests, but I have only seen it happening on my lvl 20 characters. For example, I am soloing any quest (any level, any area, any difficulty) with my monk, happily attacking a stunned monster, then around 25% HP, they die with an effect like the dark aura/smoke that shows on monsters killed with instant-kill spells (finger of death, wail of the banshee, power word kill, circle of death). It's not very frequent but it always has the same effect, as if someone cast power word kill on the monster, only I am soloing with my monk and she doesn't wear any items that instant-kill enemies.

Also seen this with my Wizard, targeting a monster, ready to instant-kill it, seeing that the melees are taking it down quite fast (so deciding not to spend the spell points), only to see it die instantly. At first, I thought the healers used some instant kill spells but after a lot of repetition of the same thing, I paid notice that the healers were not casting anything - and I was the only caster in the group, so it definitely wasn't me.

Maybe we get free Quickened, Silent, Still death spells! :O
    Endure... In enduring, grow strong...
    -- Dak'kon, of the People

Sarezar

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast