Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

This is what has been missing for a long time on the DDO forums. Great job, thanks for the hard work and as players we definately appreciate the feedback.
    Charater Names: Jeryle, Jerforged, Gerforged, Raybur, Rayber, Raibur, Marreth, Merreth
    Classes Played: Thief Acrobat, Ftr, Barbarian, Cleric, FVS, Caster, Bard, & Monk
    Member of Synergia

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    So Kookie, Madfloyd, and I are working on a very deep feedback dive for UI. Expect some surveys shortly, and I encourage you all to participate if you would like the discussion threads have been very good so far, and you're welcome to participate in both posting and the survey.
    So that's a NO on the ability to use the previous, much better UI we all know and love? You don't need to dress it up. Just say "No, we have no plans to ever let you use the far superior previous UI ever again. Stop asking. We spent development time on this and you'll love it whether you want to or not, dammit."
    Last edited by rest; 09-16-2011 at 02:34 PM.

I have a suggestion, the run arm firee key is in the keymapping...the only problem for me is, basically my entire keybaord is mapped out onto hotbars for my caster. This means I have to use alt (a key i NEVER use) to fire it.

My suggestion: Make "fire rune arm" a feat with a square icon so it can be used on a pre-existing hotbar keymap. would help a t-t-t-t-t-ton.
    Toastee McRoastybuns - Shinigamii - Theifing Slum - Bakabaka - Salsasnack - Tssst The Dog Whisperer
    MrBlonde - Omakase Omnomnom - Austrian Deathmachine - Consonar Crazy Ivan
    Ascent

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    in case it has not been mentioned already:

something like this, a "what we are working on" post, at the end of every week (or even every month!) would be a HUGE step forward for player/dev relations

please start doing this!!!!!

one of the biggest complaints we players have is a lack of communication.

we assume you arent doing/noticing things because you dont tell us you are
    This.

Thank you SO MUCH for taking a few minutes to bring everybody up to date. This is a great thing to do, it doesn't take much to keep the player base informed and I know many of us appreciate it!

Thanks!
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!
    How do I know that I am better than you are? Because I'm in Thrudh's signature and you're not. That's how.

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

Exclamation Bugged coffin destructables

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but all coffin destructables are currently bugged.

You can see their names, but the destructable is invisible and cannot be targetted. This may prevent Ransack in some quests.

I tested it in Tomb of the Unhallowed and the Orchard of the Macabre explorer area. All of the coffin destructables I found were invisible and untargettable, yet I could still see their names on the UI.

This is native to post-U11. I was destroying them normally in U10 during my TR run.

Always good to see this kind of thing taking place. Glad to know the devs are listening.

They do care *sniff* they really do!
    I am the one without the pants!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Set the bar low. Minimize the risks, and youll always win.

Thanks for the update on all the known issues!

You lost me at the end though....

Go Bolts!

(Toast to a good, injury-free, game!)
    Ghallanda
    Thairos - ETRing Artificer * Khryll - 28 Clonk * Jarkxle - 28 Swashbuckler * Jaherian - 25 Druid

Great, just awesome!
    That's how turbine members shall behave.
    I remember seeing your post about things you would change. Thanks for keeping that promise!!

Community Member

I see exceptional engagement from MajMalphunktion from the start here and throughout this thread, this is exactly the kind of positive intent and community support that we need.

Keep up the great work!
    - Andaril -
    http://thesublimeguild.com
    Thelanis Permadeath
    Long Live Xoriat | East Side | The Madborn

Thank you very much for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    The UI- all the various complaints, discussions and gentile criticism is under discussion.
    Now, let's not bring religion into this!

- unable to remap "Fire Rune Arm" key in Key settings reliably. Example, CAPSLOCK works, "E" does not work.
    Known. Something weird happened here.
    I know its not quite your department, but how about making "fire rune arm" available as a hotbar-able feat? Having to dedicate a whole key to just one character's ability, wasting that key for all other characters, is very unfortunate.

- Cannot use Extend (and possibly other metamagics) on Arti spells which SHOULD allow them. Example, Elemental Weapons should be Extendable.
    Known issue.
    Any chance we can get any timed buffs on our gear show up in our buff bar and inspection windows?

Community Member

Many thanks! One thing I would add to the list (at least I don't remember seeing it), is the odd behavior of spell-specific metas that has been mentioned in a few threads.

TY Major! I hope for this to be in effect more often as it helps the devs and players communicate better for the enjoyment of all.
    Robi's Free to Play Guide
    Khyber... DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA
    I play as: Nagasnake, Olmanjenkins, Tyrogan, Chicobo, Torriin, Kensaito, Koruna, and Goldenac.

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    A question -

I don't expect an answer, but a "simplified" explanation would be greatly appreciated.

What, on earth, do fast-moving tiles in Delirium have to do with anything else? Can you explain why U11 changes would affect puzzle tiles? That doesn't make any sense to me.
    They use a set mechanic for spawning waves of enemies.
    The same mechanic as in weapon shipment.
    They updated this mechanic for shipment such that things spawn based on remaining hostile enemies rather than time.
    This screwed up the puzzle tiles, which now spawn constantly.
    Unfamiliar with DDO's combat mechanics? Check here and here.

Thanks, your effort here is really appreciated.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Smitey View Post
    They are saying that they experienced non-registering attacks from moving players/targets for over a year and that we've only just noticed it...
    Egats, if that is what they are saying I doubt they have actually found the bug we are talking about since the reports we are giving definetly note that it started in U11. It also would be more then a little disturbing that more then one Turbine employee would say that they didn't see any issues when the bug was first discussed if it was a long standing issue.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

On my cleric arti I was doing lordsmarch quests, and got a shield with a graphic I have never seen before. Wanting to see what it looks like I equiped it, which removed the rune arm but not the repeater (greensteel if it matters), thinking it was a graphic bug I re equipped the rune arm and went along. Well I am not getting the AC bonus from it, but its stoneguard proc goes off like crazy, and I cant remove it no matter what I do. Logging or removing the run arm dosent help. And in the equip backpack says occupied.

I dont WANT to cheat but currently I have the choice of go along with it or dont play my character.

Quote Originally Posted by sumnz View Post
    On my cleric arti I was doing lordsmarch quests, and got a shield with a graphic I have never seen before. Wanting to see what it looks like I equiped it, which removed the rune arm but not the repeater (greensteel if it matters), thinking it was a graphic bug I re equipped the rune arm and went along. Well I am not getting the AC bonus from it, but its stoneguard proc goes off like crazy, and I cant remove it no matter what I do. Logging or removing the run arm dosent help. And in the equip backpack says occupied.

I dont WANT to cheat but currently I have the choice of go along with it or dont play my character.
    Go to the nearest tavern and /death.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post

- When a monster switches aggro, the intimidate symbol sometimes pops over their head.
    With a dog?? If so, yes the dog is scary.

Nope, no dog required. This is the same thing that was happening a few patches back after the intimidate changes were rolled out.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Cool Yaaayyy!!

Aweome, Thx fer listening guys. This is the type of thing that will keep people around and active in the game.

Thx
    Glam/Choh/Juggeeranutte Officer of Sarlona's Midnight Guardians

Community Member

Rather thank you for the communication and update, I will instead engage in rampant rumour-mongering. The solution to the melee lag problems will be to nerf TWF AGAIN!

Kobold Still hate you!

Incidentally, the fire rune arm as active feat/ability is a good idea. SO I CAN QUIT USING CAPSLOCK INSTEAD.

I find the whole no sneaking till level 2 for Artificers very sneaky.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast