Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Not sure if mentioned, but it seems Quicken is bugged for some spells, sometimes it goes off, sometime it doesn't. Has anyone other experienced anything similar?
    House of Boii, Thelanis

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by furbyoats View Post
    I have a suggestion, the run arm firee key is in the keymapping...the only problem for me is, basically my entire keybaord is mapped out onto hotbars for my caster. This means I have to use alt (a key i NEVER use) to fire it.

My suggestion: Make "fire rune arm" a feat with a square icon so it can be used on a pre-existing hotbar keymap. would help a t-t-t-t-t-ton.
    It can be put on a hotbar and auto load then fire only with the alt key. That is how I run with it and works so much better IMO that hit alt to charge, hit again to fire...

glad to see this, hope it continues, remembered a lot of dev deed back in AC and always loved it
    Quote Originally Posted by Varis View Post
    Is that a trick question? A nuker should heighten, empower and maximise flushing the toilet
    Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    It will do damage like taking a point-blank meteor swarm in the crotch. You hear me people, stop encouraging Turbine to meteor swarm crotches!

Never Mind...
    Last edited by deathtouch; 09-16-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Show me someone who believes in something, and I will show you a fool : Kerr Avon

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Egats, if that is what they are saying I doubt they have actually found the bug we are talking about since the reports we are giving definetly note that it started in U11. It also would be more then a little disturbing that more then one Turbine employee would say that they didn't see any issues when the bug was first discussed if it was a long standing issue.
    You only think. Trust me...we even have little cool physics boxes to watch (who knew? Not QA! old tech from launch) and it is now dead nuts on. There was a change in U11 to a weapon type that made it even more noticeable, and once you are looking for something, you will see it in other places.

Of course Cyr, I can revert it so you can be right, and I can be wrong if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    It can be put on a hotbar and auto load then fire only with the alt key. That is how I run with it and works so much better IMO that hit alt to charge, hit again to fire...
    That doesn't solve the problem at all. It still means dedicating a key to the rune arm, that no other character I have can then use.

I already use every key in easy reach of WASD. They're mapped to hotbar slots, or used for other important functions. Alt is, for example, my "block" key, since I use Shift as a modifier key.

I'd love to map "F" to a rune arm, but I map that to a hot bar slot for all my other characters. So if I remap rune arm to "F" on an Artificer, I lose that slot on my other characters. If Rune arm were instead an active feat, I could just drop it into the hotbar slot I mapped "F" to.

Community Member

Of course Cyr, I can revert it so you can be right, and I can be wrong if you want.
    LOL, now THAT'S funny

Whew, what a week! Just wanted to check in so you know we are reading, and responding to some of the issues. So, as of right now we are not hot fixing. There will be a patch in a few weeks....<huge snip>

Wow.

There's a lot of goo going on in game atm, but shining a flashlight on it so we can see a glimpse of what's going on behind the curtain is beyond awesome, M.

Very much appreciate taking the time on this.

/Props, for what their worth.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNova View Post
    They use a set mechanic for spawning waves of enemies.
    The same mechanic as in weapon shipment.
    They updated this mechanic for shipment such that things spawn based on remaining hostile enemies rather than time.
    This screwed up the puzzle tiles, which now spawn constantly.
    And presumably any other quests with detailed event scripting may have gotten buggy too. hence his request for people to keep an eye out

and once you are looking for something, you will see it in other places.
    I'm quite familiar with the effect, but ... I really, really, *really* am hoping you're not thinking this is entirely a perception issue.
    Brenna and Tzanna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    That doesn't solve the problem at all. It still means dedicating a key to the rune arm, that no other character I have can then use.

I already use every key in easy reach of WASD. They're mapped to hotbar slots, or used for other important functions. Alt is, for example, my "block" key, since I use Shift as a modifier key.

I'd love to map "F" to a rune arm, but I map that to a hot bar slot for all my other characters. So if I remap rune arm to "F" on an Artificer, I lose that slot on my other characters. If Rune arm were instead an active feat, I could just drop it into the hotbar slot I mapped "F" to.
    I use WASD, moved my pick up /use key to R, and runearm to E.

But i get what you are saying. Noted, and will pass it on. It was something we played with at one point, and most people internally like the pew pew FPS feel of hitting a key instead of clicking a button.

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    A question -

I don't expect an answer, but a "simplified" explanation would be greatly appreciated.

What, on earth, do fast-moving tiles in Delirium have to do with anything else? Can you explain why U11 changes would affect puzzle tiles? That doesn't make any sense to me.
    the 'simplified' answer would warp your feeble mind into a twisting, writhing clutch of maggots exploding with the intensity of trillions of neurons firing conflicting signals amongst themselves.

Do not question Xoriat.
    Soturi . Ghallanda Rerolled
    [7/18/2012 12:22:24 AM] D. H.: i mean, i'm not as experienced as, say, a vegas hooker, but i can confidently say that you're a lot more aggressive than like 90% of the guys i've been with.

Community Member

Another bug: pressing alt (even on non-artificers) interrupts actions with progress bars. I didn't test super thoroughly, but the biggest offender I found is logging off.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtouch View Post
    I hate to be the one asking this question, but how does it manage to go through Mournelands (sp) the test server, and Lamannia and nobody notices these problems and reports them?

But don't get me wrong, I am glad that we have official word that there is problems and they will be fixed

And thanks for the negative rep for asking a question. O.o
    Asking a question that implies that QA is incompetent, in the middle of a thread that breaks from the 3 year tradition of Turbine Silence?

Yeah, I'd expect Neg Rep for something like that.

Major: This is a tremendous step in the right direction. Thank you so much for the communication.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    So there's a discussion about VIP and Artificer and I'm one of those dumb@sses that had to buy it.
    Us dumba$$es that bought it, now have it active on all servers. Well worth the 995 for us altoholics.

You only think. Trust me...we even have little cool physics boxes to watch (who knew? Not QA! old tech from launch) ...

You know, I'd love to see some short vids of tools like that in action. Youtube is our friend. (Or in some cases, our addiction.)
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Franinho View Post
    Not sure if mentioned, but it seems Quicken is bugged for some spells, sometimes it goes off, sometime it doesn't. Has anyone other experienced anything similar?
    Kind of. Using the metamagic toggles on Quicken *does* result in the "correct" sp cost and casting time, but sometimes you get the "wrong" animation (either a fast animation for a normal-speed spell, or a normal-speed animation for a Quickened spell). It seems to be just a graphics bug, as far as I can tell.

edit: oh, and thanks for this thread and for the summary, it is much appreciated!
    Last edited by GotSomeQuestions; 09-16-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    So Kookie, Madfloyd, and I are working on a very deep feedback dive for UI. Expect some surveys shortly, and I encourage you all to participate if you would like the discussion threads have been very good so far, and you're welcome to participate in both posting and the survey.
    Please make sure that these are highly visible.
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Expect some surveys shortly, and I encourage you all to participate if you would like the discussion threads have been very good so far, and you're welcome to participate in both posting and the survey.
    Surveys? Why? You have all the feedback any intelligent person would need right in the forums.

Surveys are done so you can slow things down and backpedal solutions. I know; I've been to enough management courses to get that class.

Question Can players remap the Alt key?

I haven't had time to play since the update. Can players remap the Alt key? I hope so since I use it for other things.

Is this a place where I can list a problem?

If so, the Quicken toggle isn't working properly. This was all a little TL;DR, pardon if this is allready brought up :P
    All the other Metamagic Right Click toggles are working properly, just Quicken...

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast