Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    - When a monster switches aggro, the intimidate symbol sometimes pops over their head.
    This is a feature, not a bug!

Please keep this in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by badbob117 View Post
    It really is frustrating on my bard who swaps out charisma items all the time for Fascinating. and uses bunny hat for scrolls.

It seems the more times i swap out my epic shimmering pendant. the worse it gets. It has gotten to the point where i have to log out after almost every mission if i am doing lots of fascinating and scroll healing. The lag is not so bad for normal content but in epic and the rare mission it can spell disaster. Raids are out of the question for the time being, especially ones where the party relies on the bard for putting stuff to sleep. That lil bit of lag combined with normal raid lag is overwhelming in U11. It can get pretty awful sometimes.

I do not use masters touch ever because of previous problems with it in the past. I have banked my bunny hat because i seem to lag way more with it on when i equip a scroll now after the update. And am maybe looking for a way to reduce the lag by just making the epic shimmering pendant my perm necklace. It will cost epic tokens i do not have though for freeing up a item by slotting something into the necklace.

Do you have any suggestions to maybe help all us players out who are suffering this umd lag, other then never swapping our items? It seems my bard is most effected. Do the devs have any tricks up their sleeves to help us umd users out a bit with this?

And thank you for this generous feedback post. It is awesome to see dev and player communications on the rise
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...75&postcount=6

it's not the best solution, but it's one that works
    ~Illarvan~ Rog 4| ~Madabar~ Src 25 | Leader of HaM | Raphaela Clr 23 | ~Cerebal~ FvS 25
    ~Minxe~
    Barb 23 | ~Thevillage~ Art 23 | Dulcia Pal 23 | Saucie Rgr 23 | Knomdam Monk 23 | ~Floozy~ Ftr 20 | Taruz Wiz 20 | Malinder Rog 20
    We are recruiting!

Rage timer for barbs seems to be wrong. my level 19 TR horc barb gets about 3minutes to a rage, it used to be about 6. Another guildie also noticed the same thing on his level 20 TR horc barb.

Brawns spirits description is incorrect on the intimidate skill.

Also another guildie upgraded one of his epic items and lost what was slotted on it, is this WAI?
    ~Illarvan~ Rog 4| ~Madabar~ Src 25 | Leader of HaM | Raphaela Clr 23 | ~Cerebal~ FvS 25
    ~Minxe~
    Barb 23 | ~Thevillage~ Art 23 | Dulcia Pal 23 | Saucie Rgr 23 | Knomdam Monk 23 | ~Floozy~ Ftr 20 | Taruz Wiz 20 | Malinder Rog 20
    We are recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Darquain View Post
    This is a feature, not a bug!

Please keep this in the game!
    Hell no! I mean, it's a good mechanic if the way to the guy on top of the hate list is blocked or he's out of reach but switching aggro at random for no apparent reason is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Illarvan View Post
    Also another guildie upgraded one of his epic items and lost what was slotted on it, is this WAI?
    It is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Did Einstein solo eLoB without pots or what?
    Guild: Captain's Crew
    Characters: Kyorli , Xunrae , Halisstra , Nyarly

Quote Originally Posted by brzytki View Post
    It is.
    Well thats just crappy
    ~Minxe~
    We are recruiting!

2014 DDO Players Council

I love it when you guys post this stuff. It means I'm not insane and can delude myself into thinking it's the bugs that kill me

Really do appreciate the feedback, especially the lost attacks and map problems. I miss being able to rag the person stuck at the beginning of the map
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

Community Member

I second the applause to this post. It's a bummer to hear that the map dot problem wont see a solution untill U12, but I can stand the wait as long as i know it's going to get fixed eventually.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Rage timer for barbs seems to be wrong. my level 19 TR horc barb gets about 3minutes to a rage, it used to be about 6. Another guildie also noticed the same thing on his level 20 TR horc barb.
    They corrected the Barb Past Life to give you an additional rage instead of incorrectly adding STR and length to your current rages.

Not sure if that is what you are describing.

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Relea...te_11_Official
    Past Life: Berserker's Fury has been updated. The description is now, "You recall more about your past life as a barbarian. You gain +20 hit points, have +2 to your Intimidate skill and can enter a barbarian rage one additional time per rest, and enter a basic rage once per rest even if you do not have any other rage abilities. (Activate this barbarian ability to enter a bloodthirsty frenzy, granting you a +4 bonus to Strength and Constitution, a +2 Morale bonus to Will saves, and a -2 penalty to AC. When the rage ends, however, you will lose the hit points granted to you by increased Constitution and become fatigued. Your rage will last for 30 seconds.) This feat grants access to Racial and Class Toughness enhancements."
    Past Life: Berserker's Fury no longer modifies existing rage feats.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    They corrected the Barb Past Life to give you an additional rage instead of incorrectly adding STR and length to your current rages.

Not sure if that is what you are describing.

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Relea...te_11_Official
    Nope this is with normal rage, however I still have the past life rage feat, ill try and re do my enhancements and see if that fixes it
    ~Minxe~
    We are recruiting!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Nope this is with normal rage, however I still have the past life rage feat, ill try and re do my enhancements and see if that fixes it
    My understanding is that the past life feat used to add duration and more STR/CON to your normal rage, and now just gives you an additional use of normal rage instead.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    My understanding is that the past life feat used to add duration and more STR/CON to your normal rage, and now just gives you an additional use of normal rage instead.
    It did that for a bit, then it changed and my rage timer dropped from something like 8 minutes to 6minutes, then in U11 it changed again to just under 3 minutes.
    That's how I understand it as well, however I still have that basic rage that lasts 30 seconds. Hopefully resetting the enhancements will fix it.
    Last edited by Illarvan; 09-20-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    ~Minxe~
    We are recruiting!

Wink

• Melee delays damage on first few attacks

Attack latency- We have a fix! I’ve seen it with my own eyes. This has actually been in the game for about 18 months, hence why it looked the same to everyone here. Expect to deal more damage than you are used to. Hey a side benefit! Time to play my Paladin again...

cannot smash breakables on 1st try, ever, with melee. It requires at least 2, sometimes 3-4 swings before it breaks. Missiles seem to work 1st try, for the most part.
    Fixed.

Major Malphunktion
    Err....^^ This for emphasis, i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed this issue was longer back than just U11, but it seems the 3 sections i've quoted from you are all related. And the one about being able to break breakables is NOT fixed. I have had this problem for about the time frame you suggest, and still have it to an even worse extent, possibly related to the melee damage delay, which I see also in game. Hopefully noone is actually thinking this is fixed yet because it definitely is not.

Also I saw no mention of the "vanishing" mobs in all of the new House C content. I and others in my guild have noticed that fighting mobs, ANY class of mobs, in the Manufactory or the quests, they will just randomly vanish with about 1/4 to 1/3 of their HP's left. Sometimes they reappear a short ways away, sometimes not. But never with any kind of animation indicating that this is an in game skill, spell, or other ability they are using. Possibly also related to the melee damage delay? And/Or lag in the House C content in general? Although honestly in most of my play in the House C content so far I havent noticed very much of the traditional signs of lag when we've been playing. <I.E. Warping, part of the party starts doing the "Running Man" pauses of everything in the client for a few seconds up to a min>

You believe....poorly. Sadly, if you want to blame anything, blame mushrooms.

How's that for cryptic?

This is great!!!

Community Member

When you say you have a fix for the attack latency, do you mean you have a fix and it will be implemented soonish, or that you have a fix and it already has been implemented? I'm assuming the former, because I've seen no improvement. Thanks ahead of time for the answer, MM!

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Karbalis View Post
    Err....^^ This for emphasis, i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed this issue was longer back than just U11, but it seems the 3 sections i've quoted from you are all related. And the one about being able to break breakables is NOT fixed. I have had this problem for about the time frame you suggest, and still have it to an even worse extent, possibly related to the melee damage delay, which I see also in game. Hopefully noone is actually thinking this is fixed yet because it definitely is not.

Also I saw no mention of the "vanishing" mobs in all of the new House C content. I and others in my guild have noticed that fighting mobs, ANY class of mobs, in the Manufactory or the quests, they will just randomly vanish with about 1/4 to 1/3 of their HP's left. Sometimes they reappear a short ways away, sometimes not. But never with any kind of animation indicating that this is an in game skill, spell, or other ability they are using. Possibly also related to the melee damage delay? And/Or lag in the House C content in general? Although honestly in most of my play in the House C content so far I havent noticed very much of the traditional signs of lag when we've been playing. <I.E. Warping, part of the party starts doing the "Running Man" pauses of everything in the client for a few seconds up to a min>
    I would love more info on this. What house C content? All of it? Preraid? Is anyone else seeing this?

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    When you say you have a fix for the attack latency, do you mean you have a fix and it will be implemented soonish, or that you have a fix and it already has been implemented? I'm assuming the former, because I've seen no improvement. Thanks ahead of time for the answer, MM!
    It will be in as soon as it can be. But yes, it is not in on live right now.

I've seen "vanishing mobs", but it has always been at the time of their death, not vanishing with hp left. It's just like they're missing death animations. The only instance i remember it happening for sure were with polar rays killing them and in the explorer areas, although I'm fairly sure it's happening elsewhere as well.
    Krelith, Sobeka, Osteon, Zintaro, Krescendo, Kelgrom

Hubby and I were killing time and baddies in the House C explorer zone and many times hubby would swing at baddies and they'd just disappear. We were assuming since he's weilding a smiting dwarven axe and they seemed to disapear on 20's that he was smiting them and they were going "poof."
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

I would love more info on this. What house C content? All of it? Preraid? Is anyone else seeing this?
    This is the mobs lacking death animations AFAIK, which I'm pretty sure is a known issue. If something instakills them, like Wail or Smiting or whatever, some types just disappear.

Yes I have seen it at least 6-7 times just in the last hour
    It happens in the explorer area and all of the quests..I have not noticed it in the raids

mobs that are under attack and mobs that are not being attacked go poof

at first I thought it was the caster giving them the finger but when I went in solo on my rogue
    it continued to happen

"Come on folks its easy" Tico 20 Cleric, Montico Arti, Longlife 18/2 Ranger/monk, Jaaomae wc 20, Teeco Cleric

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast