Thread: Pet keymapping

Hybrid View

Default Pet keymapping

Hi,

Anyone know the mystery of the hireling bars for pets? I was unable to successfully keymap my pet's attack, trip and intim actions as I would normal hireling functions.

Something is either wrong with the pet bar (buggy) or I'm missing something. The closest I could get was mapping button #1 on the pet bar, but no others would accept a mapping command.

Ideas?

/shameless self-bump

This may be either a really good question or a really bad one...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

It might have something to do with summoning an actual hireling. I discovered you don't really need one on an arty likely till something like lvl 10. (yes, even a fleshy) But had used one on in the same gaming session that I tried to figure out this problem.
    Last edited by Khumbaaba; 09-14-2011 at 11:43 AM.

I couldn't find anything either - so I will bump your thread for you.....
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

looking for the same info

looks like there is a number 4 in roman letters next to my pets face in his bar, but couldnt key map it using hireling bar 4

Community Member

Same here...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brolios View Post
    looking for the same info

looks like there is a number 4 in roman letters next to my pets face in his bar, but couldnt key map it using hireling bar 4
    I had the same issue, but it self resolves. When you change/add a key map for your pet bar, it doesn't show up or function. I changed from defend me to active and the key mapping showed up and works great. It seems that you have to use another command on the bar to make the key mapping take effect. I hope this helps....

So which bar is it? Hireling bar 1?

So... you're saying:
    Change a bind on your pet bar, but attempting to use it will fail.
    If you were to actually SELECT a different "stance" for your pet, the pet bindings will then take effect
    Wisdom is a liquor store. Tastes so sweet, just wait till you wake up in the morning.

Confirmed.

Hireling bar 1 is your pet's bar, at least it is if he's the first thing you send out.

In order for your bindings to "take effect" you must change the stance of your pet. Then you will SEE your bound key on the icon
    Wisdom is a liquor store. Tastes so sweet, just wait till you wake up in the morning.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueFox View Post
    Confirmed.

Hireling bar 1 is your pet's bar, at least it is if he's the first thing you send out.

In order for your bindings to "take effect" you must change the stance of your pet. Then you will SEE your bound key on the icon
    Glad it worked for you. I wasn't sure, since it was just me fumbling around trying to make it work. It seems we have a confirmed work-around!

I like that there are enough geniuses (or monkeys?) in this game to try all the possible solutions and make it work. Hope the devs have this on the patch list.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

oh yeah, going to stand by and back to normal makes the keybinding apear and work, on a hireling bar 1

thanks

Thanks for coming up with a work around guys. Now only if a Dev would chime in saying they read this thread...

Community Member

Talking found a solution

ok i didn't understand the previously stated answer so i worked out my own. for my hires i bound all 10 slots of his bar to my number pad on the right side of the keyboard, I just went and bound my pets keys as ctrl+ 1-0 on the same number pad and they all function as normal. hope it helps