Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    The optional appears to be unchanged as far as difficulty.

Me and another guy did elite last night and got skunked on main and optional chests, but we had a blast doing it!
    Jeez, didja forget my name already? You're acting like I'm your significant other
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyMilk View Post
    ...tactics required...
    Swing sword, kill monsters, winning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    Jeez, didja forget my name already? You're acting like I'm your significant other
    You probably shouldn't have bought me that matching T-shirt...

Tried this on Hard last night in a PUG and the changes are great! The quest is now exciting.
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaer View Post
    You can CC them. This is elite - not to hard really. As the DearLeader so bluntly put it....maybe it is just you.

That's one sadistic mosh pit!
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Quote Originally Posted by badbob117 View Post
    Kudos to the devs for revamping this quest. Just ran it with my buddy to see the changes and WOW. What a rush!. Was 15 minutes of non stop slaughtering fun.

Update 11 turned this quest from a bore snooze fest into a outright war! Looking forward to running it with full party of 6 for the scaling factor. Should be a blast.

We knew there was some changes but did not expect what was waiting for us. Very nice to see more then one chest there as well !

Good work Turbine. This is a change i think everyone will enjoy!
    Agreed this quest was a blast!
    WTT Large Bone for Underwater Action.
    Hellbound Angels - Hellspewn, Hellsscion, Hellstryke, Hellsmonster, Hellsnsanity, Cowboyup, Wiskie, Theralt

Default try this !

If you guys want to play some tricks on some friends who have not run it since post u11, ask them to jump in your WS group for a quick elite run and do not say anything about changes.
    Born to play, Forced to work !

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I think there was a bug noted about normal not scaling properly. The word was known, but can't fix before u11 launch. So it should be handled soon.

As far as the changes, I like them. The 3 chests on elite all have a chance to drop the items/ingredients. So elite is the way to run if you are hunting for ingredients.

I'm looking forward to running this.
    Omnipresence, Ghallanda
    Trellon // Trelala

Community Member

I LOVE the new weapon shipment! Nonstop slugfest of epic proportions. Owners of Torcs and Conopp's rejoice!

Thanks for all the positive feedback about Weapons Shipment - and I know this isn't the only thread about it. It's very important for us to address the issues that this community has been complaining about.

We are keeping an eye on all the feedback about the changes, and tracking what new recurring complaints pop up.

I can clarify one point of confusion: Weapons Shipment is one of the pieces of content in U11 that has party-size based monster numbers scaling. There are more monsters if your party is bigger, and to different extents depending on difficulty setting.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    Thanks for all the positive feedback about Weapons Shipment - and I know this isn't the only thread about it. It's very important for us to address the issues that this community has been complaining about.

We are keeping an eye on all the feedback about the changes, and tracking what new recurring complaints pop up.

I can clarify one point of confusion: Weapons Shipment is one of the pieces of content in U11 that has party-size based monster numbers scaling. There are more monsters if your party is bigger, and to different extents depending on difficulty setting.
    Is this affected by Summons? Because if so, I will summon something, anything, to get moar mobs. That was a killfest.

Just soloed it on elite on my FvS, was a bit long (I used as little sp as possible, wish I had a torc ...). Took about 30 minutes, but was easy.

Ended up with zero sp when boss spawned, had killed about 80 monsters.

3 people joined me to loot (actually they joined me while I was afk auto attacking boss ...) and we pulled nothing from the 3 chests (no bauble, no arrowhed, no boot ingredients).

I could see this being very easy to duo as scaling seems to have a huge impact.

Edit :
    Oh and it was fun to solo and I really look forward to run it with a full group on elite. I never got my bauble after 30 ran and couldn't bother to run it again, but I'm going to run it now, and that's great ! Kudo on this one turbine, best change I've seen on u11 so far.
    Last edited by nivarch; 09-15-2011 at 03:25 AM.

Thumbs up

Man... I will now have a lot of fun farming this quest for a Mysterious Bauble on my casters!
    Took me forever (and a large amount of coffee) to get it for my Cleric (read: 35 runs).

+1 Whoever was in charge of the "remake" at Turbine!!!

Thumbs up

OMG i need to go run this! I completely forgot about the changes. I quit running it all the time because I would have to fight falling asleep.

Kids, it's Amrath...it isn't Korthos Island. It's supposed to be hard.

Thanks Turbine for putting some oomph into this quest!
    Toastee McRoastybuns - Shinigamii - Theifing Slum - Bakabaka - Salsasnack - Tssst The Dog Whisperer
    MrBlonde - Omakase Omnomnom - Austrian Deathmachine - Consonar Crazy Ivan
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by furbyoats View Post
    OMG i need to go run this! I completely forgot about the changes. I quit running it all the time because I would have to fight falling asleep.

Kids, it's Amrath...it isn't Korthos Island. It's supposed to be hard.

Thanks Turbine for putting some oomph into this quest!
    You will be disappointed if you solo it... it's ridiculously easy on elite with the scaling. If you want a challenge, invite 5 gimpy pugs.
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno346 View Post
    You will be disappointed if you solo it... it's ridiculously easy on elite with the scaling. If you want a challenge, invite 5 gimpy pugs.
    The scaling isn't particularly impressive on elite. 158 kills solo, 167 or so with 2 people, etc. Hardly an issue. If anything, unless the extra people are completely incompetent or afk it will become WAY easier with more people, since then each person is only reasponsible for 50 kills each or so.

PS: Feedback for devs, I love the change BECAUSE you added extra chests to go with the extra difficulty. You should consider adding extra warded chests to evon6 and other high complaint changes
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post
    The scaling isn't particularly impressive on elite. 158 kills solo, 167 or so with 2 people, etc. Hardly an issue. If anything, unless the extra people are completely incompetent or afk it will become WAY easier with more people, since then each person is only reasponsible for 50 kills each or so.

PS: Feedback for devs, I love the change BECAUSE you added extra chests to go with the extra difficulty. You should consider adding extra warded chests to evon6 and other high complaint changes
    Just soloed elite. 90 kills, about 16 minutes. Not too difficult but definitely a hell of a lot more fun than it was before .

Still no bauble lol.
    Toastee McRoastybuns - Shinigamii - Theifing Slum - Bakabaka - Salsasnack - Tssst The Dog Whisperer
    MrBlonde - Omakase Omnomnom - Austrian Deathmachine - Consonar Crazy Ivan
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post

Oh yeah I was inferring that the pugs would all be dead/afk . And yes, the change is great! I just thought it would be very difficult from all the comments on the forums.
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

I duoed this on normal with a guildy both on our lvl 20 pure clerics and each of us with a single ConOpp item no torc and we ran of SP near the end.

The next run 3 more guildies joined one of them a lvl 20 TR favored soul and many more enemies spawned and they didn't wait until we had killed 1 before the next spawned (at least it felt like that). I think they scale too many at once on normal.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post

6-player Elite is insane. In a good way.

15 minutes, 335 kills, and that included probably 7 or 8 minutes letting the Titan solo Gorgith-Tor as we were all OOM.

Only two issues I had:

1) On my low-to-medium end computer, the lag was unplayable whenever 50+ mobs were active. I had several issues - a total framerate collapse, my screen was showing things a couple of seconds after they happened, and spells were not casting.

2) On being hit procs - Torc and Demon Consort Bracers in particular - are beyond obnoxiously overpowered in a quest where everything hits for ~15.

Can I suggest halving the number of mobs on Elite, but giving them all +4 to saves, double HP, and double outgoing damage. That should address both.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast