Default Updating Old Epic Items?

Is it possible to update our old Phiarlan/Sentinels epic items to the new versions through some ritual, or no? I tried a couple things with my Epic Noxious Fang, no dice.
    Let like stacking bonuses scale down tiers; i.e. wearing a +2 dodge/excep. item and a +2 dodge/excep. item currently is only +2; let the 2nd +2 item imitate a +1 item, giving you +3. Allow this for all stacking bonuses (Heal. Amp 30->20->10) Absorption (20->15->10)etc. Lowest tier bonuses (10 Heal Amp, 10 absorb, 1 dodge) do not scale down ever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKaige View Post
    Is it possible to update our old Phiarlan/Sentinels epic items to the new versions through some ritual, or no? I tried a couple things with my Epic Noxious Fang, no dice.
    As has been said several times in other threads today, take it to the Epic Altar in the twelve along with 3 Epic Dungeon Tokens. That will give you a new copy of the item with the upgraded stats, with completely empty slots.

Note that if the item you are upgrading is exclusive (Mirror Cloak, or one of the Wands), you will instead be given an Essence of that item, which goes into your ingredient bag. Place that Essence alone in the Epic Altar in order to complete the upgrade/cleanse.

I did notice that my eAGA was upgraded to 3d10 for free when I logged in, but the Righteousness enhancement wasn't added. So yeah to the altar for that.
    Cannith: Ortarr (leader of Killer Dwarfs) - Purge Bravely - Drunkungfu Master - Ortarrdo Son of Ortarr - *others*

Are the epic item essences bound to character?

Gedian Greymalkin R20/e5[SD5] H N | Erdric Aendricaes FV20/e3[EA4] E LN | Vollmer Itsu P20/e3[US5] H LG | Bale Traeger B20/e2[FS4] H N | ~Thurauk D'Soronath~ A20/e2[MR3] D CG

Quote Originally Posted by baletraeger View Post
    Are the epic item essences bound to character?
    My Mirror Cloak and Winter's Wrath essences were. I would assume that all are, but there could be a bug that one may not be.