Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Easy math:
    You are selective so you need more time for building up a party. Too many people just give a shovel on behavior so, take more time for selecting people, weil die Übersetzung der Suchmaschine sehr leicht entdeckt werden kann, wenn du einen Deutschtest verlangst.

Otherwise, just stay out of the quest, close to entrance, convert to raidgroup as soon as somebody joined and ask, ob er dich versteht. If not, kick him/her and blacklist.

Problem gelöst.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    lololol.

I know I should know better than to correct the cube in german grammar.

There is not direct translation of "play nice in here." The message is transported best by "Benehmt euch." or "Seid brav.".

cubes are soooo huggable.
    Schleimer
    Goat, Sammich, Poultry

Community Member

You can get only german speaking people in your LFM when I get only english speaking people in my lfm.
    Eulogy- oh ninety eight

Quote Originally Posted by eulogy098 View Post
    You can get only german speaking people in your LFM when I get only english speaking people in my lfm.
    Oy,oy! To the OP and the quoted poster as well. While having rules for your own LFM is a commonly accepted thing, it is also commonly discouraged to start arguments and differentiate players based on language differences.

I have seen people bashed on english speaking servers for using german in chat. I havent seen this in Wayfinder so far when people spoke english. I would rather keep it that way. Lets not start the exclusivity war for our own languages.

Also more on the point of the OP, lot of players dont read LFMs, and its not exclusive to Wayfinder, you get it everywhere. Maybe they are new, and dont know there can be useful info in there. Maybe they get so happy after seeing an LFM up for the quest they wanted to do for a week now, they click right away without reading. Maybe they are just being lazy. All in all, you better get used to this, at least to a point where it wont bother you anymore, and thats a good start...

Mit frieundliche grusen

Cogdoc

nice necro.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnjsw View Post
    Aside from the fact that anyone posting they wanted an english only group would take a beating; don't select the quest from the list when you create the LFM, put what quest you are running in German in the comments section. If the person can't tell you what quest you are running...
    Nvm, necro, just noticed.
    Sweep Pick or Die!
    Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    But in terms of actual quest ideas, perhaps something where Halflings ride around on Warforged in battle-backpacks with shoulder-mounted repeating crossbows.

In all honesty i dont believe language should be a barier. Ive played with German speaking toons and we hardly say anything. There is no need to if the party follows the lead and all stick together on the same minimap. You may here "stop trap" or "ambush" but thats about it.

I appreciate the fact that you want to quest with fellow German speaking players. I never click on a LFM advertised in German out of respect. But honestly people dont limit your selves. We are all hard core Wayfinder players. Ive been on the server since day1 and have no intention of leaving. My guildies all are hard core Wayfinder players and have no intention of leaving.

I am finding the low population a godsend in ways, because when i do find people to quest with they are usualy of the highest Quality.

What we are actualy doing is forming a core of players and guilds that will be the founders of Wayfinder. Lets all do it as a team and try to make playing for visiting players, whether favour running or planing on staying, as pleasant as possible for them so they may just decide to stay as did i and help to ensure the long term survivability of this server.

Finorst

Guild leader Hunters of Wayfinder
    Last edited by sdrocky; 10-05-2011 at 08:02 PM.

So what you are suggesting is that German speakers shouldn't be allowed on what you call the "english" servers, or at least not LFMs in english, right?

Reminds me of those guys saying that the Chinese should not be able to talk in general chat because it's an English server.

I quickly squelched them after telling them off.

Entshuldigen sie bitte, konen sie mir sagen wo das "Den of the Kobold Brothers" ist?
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Attitudes like this tempt me to do annoying things test people if you wish but i am sure Germans are a minority on said server nothing against Germany or Germans by the way love both
    Last edited by Uska; 10-05-2011 at 09:19 PM.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    nice necro.
    20 days.. Hardly a "Nice" Necro, if a true necro at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    20 days.. Hardly a "Nice" Necro, if a true necro at all.
    Yeah, wanted to say the same, L2N people....

Community Member

I see a little irony here. "keep out of my german-only group!" is in stark contrast to schnell's shroud raid group, in which the USA players were chastised for choosing a time for the raid that wasn't friendly to Europeans. we're on wayfinder - we're not leaving. but the upside is that some of us are good players. Our education system does not require a foreign language for graduation and oftentimes do not offer us the opportunity to take foreign language classes until high school; and for this I apologize profusely. while some players don't read the LFM's others are hoping that you'll accept them despite your harshly worded lfm's because 1) members of your party are on our friends' lists and we know that they are quality players and 2) there are often NO OTHER GROUPS on wayfinder.

When keeper and devourer were merged with Ghallanda, we opened our arms to our european brothers and sisters (who were very far behind the US players [as they didn't receive game updates for a while before the merger]).

in short; don't be so freaking elitist; you're german, not french! :P

but in all honesty, we just want to play too.

-b

tbh id rather take 10 idiots in my party, none understanding the other, but all well working in group and quest w/o a word than getting 5man on board who share my language and therefore think they have to chatter all the time, or -even worse- expect me to give gameplay education :P

not that there would be many out there sharing my very bavarian dialect ^^
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

***Ghallanda Rerolled*** *Yvonnel-1* "Peinlicher" Sylestria-1 Jarlaxle-1 Sammaster-1 Zapp-1
    formerly Dorn / Devourer - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel-1 View Post
    ...not that there would be many out there sharing my very bavarian dialect ^^
    There is nothing to misunderstand about beer and schweinshaxen, and you Bavarians only talk about these things anyway...

Cogdoc

Just my 2cp, but I'm from the USA, along with my wife. We play on Wayfinder, but came originally from Thelanis. There was a lot of drama on our old server, **** we just flat out didn't want to deal with anymore, considering we're paying for a game - a game, with the purpose being to enjoy ourselves! - that we love. DDO is incredible! The world, the stories, the quests and characters and people behind the toons. Everything comes together to make it a game we all love - and if we didn't, why would we be here? Needless to say, we came over to Wayfinder for a fresh start, and w found it. New server, new players, new guilds. Even the veteran players from other servers are new players to us, since we don't know them. We started a guild, got it to lvl 20, and then we found an incredible guild full of incredible players, and were lucky enough to be invited to join them. We've got Americans, Germans, Australians, and even an Asian - albeit, he's German, but hey, he lives in Asia! :P We all get along great! What's the big deal? When I have an lfm up, if someone hits it, and they're of a class I need, I accept them, no matter what language they speak. If the language barrier gets in the way, I watch them, how they play for a few minutes. If they're good at what they do, I keep them around. If they suck, I finish the quest then politely leave the group when quest is done. Simple manners. I'm not saying I'm the best gamer. No one is the best gamer. No one knows everything, or the language issue wouldn't be a problem. But I know the role of whatever toon I'm playing, and I know the quests I'm doing well enough that I could group with 5 other people I couldn't understand whatsoever and still be successful in my job.

Real point is, the lfm thing, that's how I do it. I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. It's my group, it's my choice. If someone wants to make their group with their own rules, that's their choice. Stop complaining at them. If the group says 'german only', then that's the group leader's decision. You don't have to like it. And if you don't, in fact, Turbine gave you a great tool to get around it. The 'lfm window'. Make your own group with your own rules, and leave the other group alone. Duh. I pay for VIP status because I love this game, and want to enjoy it. I'm not the only one. I'm not going to waste my time playing with people I don't enjoy playing with. My squelch list is insanely long in game, filled 90% by ninja-inviters, 6% by people who say casters shouldn't be required to carry haste as a standard spell, and 4% by elitists who won't let me join their group because I don't speak German. But the way I see it, their loss, because I'm a good enough gamer to have been helpful to their group. But also, not one single person ruins my day, because I find my own groups that I do enjoy. If I can't find one, I make one. If I can't make one, I use hirelings. If I can't do that, well... I have books to read! :P

Anywho, do what you want, do whatever makes you happy. But if all you have time to do is be so angry at someone else for running their group the way they want to, then you should go find a reality television show to vent your frustration on. Leave group leaders alone if you don't agree with them. Common courtesy.

~ Llantis Al'Durran the Thief
    ~ Superiority Complex of Wayfinder

Community Member

Yesterday i watched a tutorial in german, could translate some words to english, but my software is in spanish... but I made what I wanted.... can I group with you? LOL , just kidding

I've just logged in Wayfinder once and it was just curiosity, didn't join any group. But I think that sometimes the language is a barrier, I see it in the server I play. Some people just don't understand english (or maybe they're shy because can't speak it as native people XD "could be") But you are in group with them and there's a moment when you lose contact with them, they don't answer to you so you're not sure if they understand what we'll do, until you start the quest, then you find out if the player was paying attention, but just not answering, or if he/she didn't understood a thing, or knows the quest but just don't speak. In the best case you can end the quest with a nice result, but I think it could be a little desperating, not only for the people that doesn't receive an answer from the one who doesn't speak, but the other one who doesn't understand or barely catch a thing.

I once was kicked out from a group, we were going to do The Pit, the leader were one of those guys who just doesn't talk. We were ready to enter quest when he dismissed me without any reason apparently, LFM was just a common one with the name of the quest and lvls and we were a balanced party just needed one more.

I sent him a tell asking why did he do that and he just said: Too many people"... For the Pit??? we were 5 I know the quest and what it has to be done... then I found out that most of the people in the group were portuguese speakers. :P

But when I see a LFM in another language or looking for people who can speak another language different than mine... I just don't join

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    There are no groups to join on this server anyway, the place is almost dead. I would have thought you would take anyone you could get.

This server seams like some rich kid's personal playground to me.

dead? mh heard of timezones? may be a connection there.

Default Sharing is Caring

Listen Germany, you have to learn how to share please. I entered Wayfinder not knowing it was a german speaking server and I am sure that most of the other 50,000 English speaking players here did the same thing. The only indication that this is a German server is (DE), and 99.9% of the English speaking patrons do not recognize that as pertaining to your prestigious Germanic server.

You can probobly spot and English speaking character from just his name alone, just like I can spot a German player based on his or her name....so ignore us. And whats the deal with you guys putting Von in almost every character that you Germans generate. If there were an emote to slap people silly, I would use it on all you Vons.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast