Default Shroud Flagging: How to Screw It Up.

So you got to Meridia and picked up the "Vale of Twilight" chain from the NPC by the mailbox.

Then you spend god knows how long getting your five Shavarath Stone of <Whatever>, and have returned to Meridia to finish this quest.

What's that? You didn't have the stones in your actual inventory (as opposed to inside a bag in inventory) and went to the Eldritch Chamber and made your Shavarath Signet Stone without advancing the quest?

Guess what? You're screwed. Unfortunately it wasn't me that this happened to.

Make absolutely sure that your quest chain advances before making the signet stone!

This has been your friendly neighborhood metalhead's warning of the day. Please comply... Or we'll grind you into food for the rest of us!

I put in a bug report for this already. As I believe you should be forbidden from making the signet stone before the chain advances, and got a pm from Cotoci saying they received it. Let this serve as a warning for everyone.

unlike a depressingly large number of flagging quests, the vale of twilight quests are actually not that bad to do, and tend to have pretty good rewards. having to repeat them every now and then is not a terrible fate.

Community Member

I ve done the quests countless times not even picking up the stones had full cakes from previous TRs, worked perfectly, got flagged.

I think the problem was that he didnt take all his rewards.
    ~~~ R E V E N A N T S ~~~
    Ayspam Life #27/27(Completionist Sorc), Aycare Life #10/10(Evoker FvS), Ayplink Life #22/22(Completionist to be decided), Aygo Life #14/14(Helvesbarian)

Community Member

That's strange.

Usually you are not allowed to enter the chamber before advancing the chain to the point where you have to make the experimental prototype.

At that moment, you can make both of course, the item to advance the quest and the signet stone to flag for shroud....

Might I suggest that you(or the person with problems) check all your ingreds bags and inventory for stuff that looks similar like the usual greensteel ingredients, but is not one of those? (the blue background or whatever color they have)

*edit* too bad ddowiki doesn't have nice pics for them, but i mean these: Chunk of Shavarath Dirt, Gnoll Whittled Branch, Polished White Marble Stone, Spider Spun Thread and Special Energy Cell

*edit2* oh and as stated above by ayspam, taking the end rewards from the quest is a must. So check upstairs at the tavern if some were forgotten
    Last edited by boomeranky; 09-06-2011 at 06:16 PM.

As Jaid314 stated it's not entirely terrible when this happens. Most will want more than a single shroud item and you require a stone for each. Additionally unless you have a lot of plat or a benefactor you will need to run the quests a few times to get the ingredients you will need for your blank.

The worst part of this is it prevents your entry to the shroud until you rerun the quests.
    Ghallanda - Kydara, Duplolas, Maullie, Mechandolf, Steelca Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    unlike a depressingly large number of flagging quests, the vale of twilight quests are actually not that bad to do, and tend to have pretty good rewards. having to repeat them every now and then is not a terrible fate.
    Having to do them over is mandatory on a first/only toon. That said, he should be able to do the Shroud and run flagging quests for blank ingredients while on timer and isn't. Hopefully he'll log soon and we'll keep trying.

Check to make sure that all end rewards are collected.

I can't say I have ever seen your problem, or ever even heard of someone not being able to get in, as long as they have completed their stone, and have all their end rewards.

Very interesting indeed.

muffinshrouded.
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

I've seen this happen before, when the person did not make the prerequisite item* with the ingredients the chick outside the altar room gives you. If you make that item and give it to her, it should get you back on the chain.

Just must complete the tutorial to continue to advance.

*Not the signet stone, the thing you make and give to her before you make the stone.
    Horcarella, Leader of Under Estimated <25 ftr/TR>; Dramamama <25 monk/TR>; Greenadine <25 rogue/TR>; Greenwidow <20 wiz/TR>; Lagspikes <12 ftr/6 rgr/2 mnk> and various/sundry first lifers.

Community Member

For me the situation is now exactly like described in the first post. Did the quests, made the signet stone, and now Valairea wont give me the ingredients for her task...
    Dont know what to do now...

Edit: Well, maybe Im just an idiot. Problem solved...my fault.
    Last edited by flotterjohnny; 10-20-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ayspam View Post
    I ve done the quests countless times not even picking up the stones had full cakes from previous TRs, worked perfectly, got flagged.

I think the problem was that he didnt take all his rewards.
    As have I. The stones always go in the bag, and instead of making a new stone I take one of the 80 i have out of the bag to advance the quest.

Not taking end rewards is always the problem in my experience.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)