Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Shard Axe is now available!

The first novel set specifically in the world of Dungeons and Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited is here! The Shard Axe by Marsheila Rockwell can be found at local retailers, online retailers, and for the Kindle and Nook!

Congratulations, Marcy (Sabira on the DDO Forums) for writing such a cool book!

You can read more about The Shard Axe by clicking here!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Will we get a new quest chain from it?
    Eliminate 'ninja' looting from DDO:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=243939
    Bring teleport more inline with PnP:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=403747
    Player made quests can work in DDO:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=352498

Great stuff! The preview chapter looks very well written and full of action, just like DDO.
    Congratulations, Marcy/Sabira.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    - Permadeath Guild -
    No twinking - No spoilers - No farming - Real challenge
    www.mortalvoyage.com

The preview chapter was nicely written - I'll have to check it out.

Can't wait to read it-mine shipped Monday!

Congratulations Marsheila!

Is it intentional that before I am able to access the WotC page, there is a pop-up ad for Neverwinter? At least, it's for the PnP stuff and books and not for the pc game. :/
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Is it intentional that before I am able to access the WotC page, there is a pop-up ad for Neverwinter? At least, it's for the PnP stuff and books and not for the pc game. :/
    Sorry to say USA only.

Time to flex my inner nerd...

I was honored to get a signed copy of this book. Marcy gave it to one of the Turbine folks who went to PAX this year, since I wasn't there in person, and I was super-thrilled to see it on my desk. I had a copy of the book before it was even officially published!

So, I wanted to read it right away, as that's how I roll with cool fantasy novels based on DDO. Problem is, it's a signed copy of the book, in great crisp shape, with a quote on the back from Sigfried Trent of DDOcast. This means that it's an item I want to preserve for posterity...which means if I read it, I'll crack the spine, and suddenly my awesome-looking book looks slightly used.

So, I didn't dare read it early! Instead, I wrapped it in a comic book mylar bag, taped it up, and placed it into my official DDO/DDOcast Box of Saving. It pained me to know that the novel was sitting there, ready to read, but me not willing to read it.

Thankfully, the book's out today! I had preordered it earlier this summer for my Nook, so I'm reading it on that device. I'll probably pick up a paper copy as well, to read and perhaps lend out to convince friends to read it (and play DDO.)

Yes, I'm a geek - and proud of it.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Cool, I will get the nook version, just finished a book and was looking for something new.

I see the plot involves protecting someone on trial for murder, I didn't know they had judges in DDO , don't we all slaughter 1,000's of humanoids every day within the confines of Stormreach
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post

I see the plot involves protecting someone on trial for murder, I didn't know they had judges in DDO , don't we all slaughter 1,000's of humanoids every day within the confines of Stormreach
    Didnt anyone tell you? Stormreach = Texas were everything is innocent until proven... err wait ..... no they killed it... nevermind.

( Only a joke texans )

I'm confused. In the book you can put money in the House K vaults

Lancashire UK - Keeper Refugee, Played since beta

"Sentinel Marshal Sabira d'Deneith has spent the last eight years trying to drown the memories of the mission that cost her partner his life and gave her the nickname "The Shard axe." Until she's recalled from the city of Stormreach"

Recalled out mid quest without taking his soulstone to the shrine.....

Looking forward to reading it when it hits the uk
    Dex - Leader - THΣ ЏΠΣΔЯТΗΣÐ ΔЯСΔΠΔ
    I don't do serious, it no fun

Perfect timing! Just about to finish the Pools trilogy today and need something good to read.

inquireing minds want to know if you could wangle a deal where if we buy the book we get some bonus Tp? just a thought.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

It's a little depressing that on Amzon.co.uk it isn't avaailable on the Kindle....

Oh well...will have to wait..

No room left in the house for actual books
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Big congrats to you Marcy on getting your novel published. I will definitely pick it up and give it a read!

Edit: Ok, this is a super nit, but also a pet peeve of mine. Card sharp.
    Last edited by Montrose; 09-06-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    You may know me as: Gannot, Gonnet, Gunnet, Ginnet, Gaxxat, Gennot, Gannut, Gxnnxt, Horseface, Izzayhay, Pailmaster, Artifactual, Gynnet and/or Barred. What? I like alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Time to flex my inner nerd...

I was honored to get a signed copy of this book. Marcy gave it to one of the Turbine folks who went to PAX this year, since I wasn't there in person, and I was super-thrilled to see it on my desk. I had a copy of the book before it was even officially published!

So, I wanted to read it right away, as that's how I roll with cool fantasy novels based on DDO. Problem is, it's a signed copy of the book, in great crisp shape, with a quote on the back from Sigfried Trent of DDOcast. This means that it's an item I want to preserve for posterity...which means if I read it, I'll crack the spine, and suddenly my awesome-looking book looks slightly used.

So, I didn't dare read it early! Instead, I wrapped it in a comic book mylar bag, taped it up, and placed it into my official DDO/DDOcast Box of Saving. It pained me to know that the novel was sitting there, ready to read, but me not willing to read it.

Thankfully, the book's out today! I had preordered it earlier this summer for my Nook, so I'm reading it on that device. I'll probably pick up a paper copy as well, to read and perhaps lend out to convince friends to read it (and play DDO.)

Yes, I'm a geek - and proud of it.
    Thanks for the shout-out! Sorry I missed seeing you at PAX - maybe I'll make it out to the one on the East Coast when the sequel releases.

And I'm very honored to be part of your Box of Saving, but I hope you at least opened the book far enough to read the inscription. (Though of course I'd be thrilled if everyone bought both a paper copy AND an ebook copy, heh.)

Regards,
    Marcy
    Skein of Shadows (DDO novel), 2012
    The Shard Axe (DDO novel), 2011
    Legacy of Wolves (Eberron novel), 2007
    http://www.marsheilarockwell.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Didnt anyone tell you? Stormreach = Texas were everything is innocent until proven... err wait ..... no they killed it... nevermind.

( Only a joke texans )
    Its ok

*Grabs shotgun and shells*
    To err is human, to forgive is divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
    Jinger~Docholiday~Fritobandito~Bandshee~Grudock~Seigeengine

Thanks, everyone, for the congrats! I hope you enjoy the book - it's intended to appeal to both DDO players and PnP players, so you'll see aspects of both in the novel. Hopefully it enhances your enjoyment of the Eberron we all love, regardless of which type of play you enjoy.

It looks like they're trying to set up a book club for the novel over on the Wizards community forum, so if you're interested in discussing as you read, I'll pop by later and leave a link (or, alternately, I'd be happy to do something similar here, if someone wanted to set it up - I'm sure there's some spell that allows me to be in two places at once, heh).

Regards,
    Marcy
    Skein of Shadows (DDO novel), 2012
    The Shard Axe (DDO novel), 2011
    Legacy of Wolves (Eberron novel), 2007
    http://www.marsheilarockwell.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast