Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default So since everyone is so upset by the fact they'll have to buy Artificer or wait

I think Turbine should push back the release of the Artificer until U12 so the VIP can earn it from favor on day one... Then will everyone be happy?

No, everyone will not be happy with that and I don't think there are many who want this option.

There are probably fewer who want another thread on the subject.

Server:Argo Guild: Digger's Union : Sheperd- 20th lvl Cleric : Deathsheperd- 14 Rogue : Hobfire Copperleaf- 2 Rogue / 9 Wiz
    Subscriber & VIP from April '08 - Nov '11

Quote Originally Posted by smallstones View Post
    I think Turbine should push back the release of the Artificer until U12 so the VIP can earn it from favor on day one... Then will everyone be happy?
    Nope. It's not possible to make everyone happy. That might just make different ppl unhappy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Community Member

Nerf Happiness

I honestly have been waiting for that decision. It is the easiest way out for them to be honest. Since they can not make everyone happy I suspect they will make everyone equally unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    I honestly have been waiting for that decision. It is the easiest way out for them to be honest. Since they can not make everyone happy I suspect they will make everyone equally unhappy.
    Why can't they?

No, really, why can't they? Is there some reason Turbine couldn't simply change to favor-to-unlock requirement to be something attainable in U11? That's all it would take. You can buy Artificer in U11 with Turbine Points or unlock it with X favor, with X being something that people can actually achieve in game currently. That seems pretty simple to me, and the V.I.P. players that have been bringing this issue up would be fine with it, since it's no different than Favored Souls.

So, easy fix if Turbine is willing to do it and make everyone "ok, MOST everyone; there is ALWAYS going to be someone ticked off about something" happy. Whether they will do it is another discussion entirely.

Default So since everyone is so upset by the fact they'll have to buy Artificer or wait

It is not "everyone" that is upset, in truth it is just a very vocal minority.

*is wearing the happy t-shirt*

Looking forward to trying out artificers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dysmetria View Post
    This is probley close to the truth.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness
    Happiness is way OP.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Default Yeah, I'm not to worried about Artificers...

Fear the Koala.
    Jial, Wyllywyl, and an ever-changing list of alts.

That would be silly of them.

They have plenty of options to choose from that don't delay Artis, and don't violate what they promised VIPs.

* Make it free-to-VIP in U11. Perhaps as a preview, then make it favor-unlockable in U12.

* Add an achievable favor-unlock in U11. Perhaps remove it in U12 when the House C becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysmetria View Post
    Quantify that. You can't obviously. You also do not belong to a large guild of communicating individuals who have playing the game since beta (this large guild of longtime players are disgusted).

You continually make assertions as fact, when it's simply poor speculation on your part.

You need to really stop associating your opinion with imaginary data.
    Last edited by Hokiewa; 09-03-2011 at 11:24 PM.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Community Member

Nope.... The same people would still be unhappy.... And a bunch more will be unhappy as well. I think they should push it back because ti appears to still be a buggy mess.

But that's just my far inferior opion.

Welcome to thread 1343543453 on this subject
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    Quantify that. You can't obviously. You also do not belong to a large guild of communicating individuals who have playing the game since beta (this large guild of longtime players are disgusted).

You continually make assertions as fact, when it's simply poor speculation on your part.

You need to really stop associating your opinion with imaginary data.
    What I think he means is that of the people posting about the issue, a minority of them are displaying a level of unhappiness that is beyond what is displayed by the majority. Most people aren't happy about this, but have decided to deal with it and move on, the vocal minority he's referring to try to keep the issue alive and make multiple threads and post repeatedly in them and bring it up in other threads that have nothing to do with this issue.

In most of the threads I skimmed on this topic it's basically the same people saying mostly the same things. But the majority of players in DDO do not post on the forums. Many of them are probably not even aware of this issue.

So to summarize; there's a vocal minority of people ON THE FORUMS that are excessively unhappy about this. Then there's a larger but less vocal group on the forums that aren't happy but are willing to deal with it. I'm pretty much one of the latter.

Wish Turbine would lock the these threads that keep bringing up the same topic or merge them

I see why other game forums lock and delete the threads like these when they appear cause they are like roaches they keep getting feed more come and start breeding.

Community Member

Why is doing something good for premiums, making artificers available to them, a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness
    Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    Happiness is way OP.

nerf nerfin happiness... its making emo the new op thing... and they have to many weapons as it is...
    Somedays your the Bug
    Somedays your the Windscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by issiana View Post
    nerf nerfin happiness... its making emo the new op thing... and they have to many weapons as it is...
    Thanks! I just spit soda all over my laptop.
    "You know how sometimes when you’re drifting off to sleep you feel that jolt, like you were falling and caught yourself at the last second? It’s nothing to be concerned about, it’s usually just the parasite adjusting its grip." -David Wong

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast