Default Make +5 tomes Permanent in Store!

Please put these in the store full time. I can't think of any reason this would hurt the game.
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Community Member

Besides every Pay2Winner having them? The drop rate is low, as it should be. Tomes are supposed to be incredibly rare magic items, the result of intense farming or being favored by the dice gods in an EE raid. Power creep has gotten bad enough that most first lifers should be able to afford at least 3 +3 tomes from selling vendor trash in epics. Hell, it's bad enough that they have a (very small) chance at dropping in Gold Dice rolls. Let's keep the rare item rare, shall we?

Community Member

Yes please i really Need a +5 wisdom tome to Qualify for zen arechery i am already Waiting for too long, Thus can be + 5(4-5) upgrade tomes but please put them in the store already

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin-ator View Post
    Besides every Pay2Winner having them? The drop rate is low, as it should be. Tomes are supposed to be incredibly rare magic items, the result of intense farming or being favored by the dice gods in an EE raid. Power creep has gotten bad enough that most first lifers should be able to afford at least 3 +3 tomes from selling vendor trash in epics. Hell, it's bad enough that they have a (very small) chance at dropping in Gold Dice rolls. Let's keep the rare item rare, shall we?
    +5s got handed out like candy last Mabar.

Now that +6s exist, adding +5s to the store is only logical. The store has tended to always be stocked with tomes one point shy of max.

The tomes being in store is an option for people. If someone likes intense EE farming for super rare drops that's great.

Tomes have been in the store for a long time now and +5's will return as they always do. This isn't about p2w, it's about making something permanently available that Turbine already sells.

Some would even argue the drop rate of tomes in game has been reduced just to increase store sales.

Community Member

I hope some devs read this actually +4 tomes are a joke right now most of the players already have +4 to all stats we want +5 tomes/upgrade tomes there is no one who will buy +4 tomes atm so whats the problem ? i have been waiting for months... limited time release is annoying make them permanent

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    The tomes being in store is an option for people. If someone likes intense EE farming for super rare drops that's great.

Tomes have been in the store for a long time now and +5's will return as they always do. This isn't about p2w, it's about making something permanently available that Turbine already sells.

Some would even argue the drop rate of tomes in game has been reduced just to increase store sales.
    Permanently means less incentive to run quests thus affecting anyone who would normally group. Doesn't matter if its limited time or not, still P2W. My tinfoil hat did tell me tomes are rare to boost store sales, but I do think they should be sorta rare. Its just we have gotten used to them dropping like candy and with a little effort could farm them.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Permanently means less incentive to run quests thus affecting anyone who would normally group. Doesn't matter if its limited time or not, still P2W. My tinfoil hat did tell me tomes are rare to boost store sales, but I do think they should be sorta rare. Its just we have gotten used to them dropping like candy and with a little effort could farm them.
    Yes, it is P2W. I never said it wasn't, only that it is not a relevant argument to the issue. As far as tomes being rare, that horse is out of the barn and ain't coming back

Permanently only means there is always a choice between hoping for that super rare drop (in content that depending on your build may or may not be easy to farm) and spending TP to get the item without the hassle. Those who want to spend the money can, those who don't aren't hurt in any way. If, suddenly, every person in game had a full set of +5's I seriously doubt any change to the pug scene would occur. No one is putting up groups for farming EE content for +5's.

P2W helps fund this game. I simply think the option should be there when a person wants to buy a +5 vs. waiting around for the item to be in store on a limited time basis.

P2w players keep this game afloat, not free to play players who only spend a couple bucks a year. If you want a better game, then Devs need more money. Please dont bash the players who pay for the content you play for free.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

I think there may be some other considerations at play.

For example, when things are permanent in the store there is an understanding that they will, on occasion, go on sale. Many will be happy to wait for the sales to make their purchases or wait for points to go on sale (or both).

Limited release items hold their premium retail value longer, never coincide with point sales, and encourage impulse purchases. It is a good model for highly sought after goods.

Or just make the upgrade tomes available. I was close to buying the double points to get +5 tomes all around. I have +4s on every stat except Strenghth, that has a +5. Thus turbine got no money from I during the last double point sale. So the ability to get money swings both ways, could lose money with people waiting for sales or lose money because people can't buy them when they want.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    P2w players keep this game afloat, not free to play players who only spend a couple bucks a year. If you want a better game, then Devs need more money. Please dont bash the players who pay for the content you play for free.
    I remember when players kept the game afloat with just purchases of content, subs and fluff of the non P2W variety. than Turbine decided to profit from a grind they implemented by selling shortcuts in their store. I see a lot of complaints now where people wont play if they cant buy the shortcut in the store or all they do is complain they have to play to progress or get what they want in the game.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Community Member

+5 tomes will be in the store once +6 tomes are available in the store on a limited time basis. They are new, so that probably won't be for a while.

You can always buy a +4 and then buy upgrades when they are available on a limited. Who knows you may actually get the ones you need in game before that happens and save yourself some $.

The biggest problem with stat tomes now is that they've been diluted by skill tomes. Stat tomes should return to the previous rate and skill tomes should have their own distinct drop rate chance.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    I don't play for free I sub and want less p2w in the store not more and I don't have the +4 tomes I want on all my characters heck I don't even have all their +3's done almost on the 3's but not quite

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

+6 tomes are already out and you can get them from gold Rolls so please i want some + 5 tomes as fast as possible geez